7.1 to 7.1.4

Ok, ok, I've been slacking. Bad site admin. I know, just been busy lol Since 7.1.5 is a security update and they've even bothered with a nag message in the admin console I figure I should probably hop on this one though lol I'm only seeing upgrade scripts to go from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5 though, will I have to do each upgrade (7.1 to 7.1.1, 7.1.1 to 7.1.2, etc.) or can I just upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.5? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote · 29 Jan 2015

Each and every one. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 29 Jan 2015

Each and every one. 

Thaaaat's what I was afraid of. Thanks! Would really help if they displayed an upgrade notice when there are upgrades & not just something critical....

Quote · 29 Jan 2015

Sorry i missed the second part of your paragraph up there.

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/Dol7Upgrade

Has all the upgrade scripts... 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 29 Jan 2015

However, do not do the betas; skip those.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

Thanks guys (and gals lol)! At this point how critical is it to upgrade? Our network is pretty active so I'm really not wanting to have to take it down until I absolutley have to. I saw Alex mention that this bug, whatever it is, is "almost impossible" to exploit; they'd need access to the admin panel & that's not an issue for us, I'm the only one with that access?

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

Thanks guys (and gals lol)! At this point how critical is it to upgrade? Our network is pretty active so I'm really not wanting to have to take it down until I absolutley have to. I saw Alex mention that this bug, whatever it is, is "almost impossible" to exploit; they'd need access to the admin panel & that's not an issue for us, I'm the only one with that access?

The upgrades contains fixes to bugs and some improvements.  I have yet to fully upgrade myself because I have a highly modified Dolphin installation.

If you have modified core files, you either have to apply the upgrades, then apply your changes, or do as I do and apply your changes to the upgrade before doing the upgrade.  I do the latter because I test heavily between each upgrade for any breakage of my site.

An upgrade will not take long to do, supposedly you can do it in place without taking the site off-line.  I prefer to take my site off-line during an upgrade and I put up a notice to members when I do.  It is not like your site will be down for an hour, it only takes f a few minutes to do an upgrade; or at least the way I do since the modifications I have made to core files are rolled into the upgrade before I apply the upgrade.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

ty for the reply, yeah see that's exactly my hesitation. Been working on this network for several years & I can not remember if any core files have been modified since we went to 7.1. 7.1 I know I had to pretty much wipe the site & do a fresh install but...ugh guess bite the bullet & clean up the mess later LOL Thanks!

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.