A new direction for Dolphin 7.1.x/Dolphin Classic - part 3

Quote · 24 Oct 2014

Let me do the honours...

so much to do....
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

troll

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

Yes they should include an off switch.

Adult affiliate programs work better when there is a link or a banner in the video description leading to the site where the video came from so people can join it. Each video needs to have a dedicated link to the adult site or the affiliate (me) won't make any money for people joining the adult site after watching the video.

And plus, when people embed videos from Youtube, the description loses format.

Quote · 25 Oct 2014

HL, I hear what you're saying and respect your right to share your opinion with everyone on this forum.  From my perspective, there are a lot of "build" numbers available between D7.1.4 and D7.9.9 (over 80 if they use them all)

Point taken. At the current rate, 80 minor updates would span approximately 107 years. 

it continues to make sense for me to think of DU and D8 as the same thing.

We could combine the two, and call id DUD 8

Everybody has the same gripe.  DU is so different from Dolphin 7...er Dolphin Classic.... I mean Dolphin Pro, that it should have been given an entirely different name.  An entirely different name would go a long way in demystifying the Dolphin 7 Dolphin Classic Dolphin Pro Dolphin 8 Dolphin U scenario.  You know, 107 years might work out alright.... that's about how long it will take me to understand Andrew Boon's reasoning.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

The name continues to be the only issue I have with all this. No issue with the new license system. Dolphin 7 is not the problem, and not the product that needs to be renamed. I think continuing the Dolphin line and having it naturally progress from 7 is fine, and it will keep the thousands of Dolphin users happy. Really, besides some fixes and new features (like MoxieManager), I think Dolphin is stable and works well. At least it's predictable.

Dolphin U is the issue here - not the product, but the name! I love the product, I think it's modern and powerful, and I can't wait to start finding uses for it. But I simply feel it should not be under the same name as Dolphin. I understand Dolphin is synonymous with BoonEx, but so were other products, and while they all shared code in some ways, they were still separate products with their own names. Shark was never released, so it's the perfect candidate. But really, anything except Dolphin will do. This will also settle once and for all that Dolphin 7 is not going anywhere and will continue to be developed.

That's the last I will say about this. Back to work.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

That's the last I will say about this.

I've heard this before

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 26 Oct 2014

Was Orca ever suggested as a name for for Dolphin U?

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 29 Oct 2014

Was Orca ever suggested as a name for for Dolphin U?

That one can't be used. It's the name of the previous version of the dolphin forums back when it used to be a standalone product before it was integrated into dolphin. The forums are still quite often referred to using the old orca name.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 29 Oct 2014

That's a shame.

How about Tucuxi - a smallish freshwater dolphin found in the Amazon.

Dusky is another small dolphin, often seen on whale-watching tours in New Zealand and Argentina.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 29 Oct 2014

Any reference to Dolphin in the name will automatically have many site owners think they can simply upgrade. You would be surprised at how many users do not visit support forums & you would be surprised how many know an upgrade procedure from previous versions so will just proceed to upgrade without a seconds thought. Yes, users should read the supporting documentation but if people have used a particular platform for some time you will always get some who will just try it then wonder what went wrong later! Two seperate products, two seperate names completely makes total sense!!

Quote · 29 Oct 2014

Unless its renamed Dolphin Personal.

Any reference to Dolphin in the name will automatically have many site owners think they can simply upgrade

Rod | www.mystampworld.net | hosted with BoonexHosting.com
Quote · 29 Oct 2014

RE:

Unless its renamed Dolphin Personal.

Any reference to Dolphin in the name will automatically have many site owners think they can simply upgrade

You are banned from the naming committee.  DP has a worse connotation than DU, however it might be appropriate.  On second thought, we'll all consider your suggestion.

Quote · 30 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.