DU install option single or muliple servers

I was thinking there should be an option or module in DU which allow web master to choose if they want to install DU on single machine or multiple machines. By choosing multiple machines that module will copy the core structure to multiple machines ( Any changes made the core structure on main install will auto duplicate on multiple machines excluding the database and NAS). Obviously you can put the details of the webserver, DB and NAS in there so it would be easy to manage. Main purpose is to manage the changes we oftenly make in webserver core structure.

dolphin-replication-diagram.png · 157.9K · 395 views
Umar Haroon
Quote · 11 Sep 2014

in ur pic what is database server...is this external storage for bakcup..what u can configure in dolphin admin panel..

Quote · 11 Sep 2014

Something like Hadoop? Or a different site for each server?

Quote · 11 Sep 2014

Something like Hadoop? Or a different site for each server?

yes something like hadoop for managing the load of 1 website on multiple machines. According to my suggestion e.g if you add google adsense code in 1 template on one machine it auto replicate on other other servers.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 11 Sep 2014

RE

what u can configure in dolphin admin panel..

Not so sure of the other request, but there is this option for AWS usage.

amazon-storage.PNG · 89.4K · 611 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 12 Sep 2014

this is what i was talking about a multi server plugin just found out that what i had in mind is already in the market

http://clip-bucket.com/product/Multiserver/94

i hope posting other website link is not prohibited here. correct me if i am wrong.

right now there is only option for amazon storage which i think is not necessary if you want to run website on your own servers.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 22 Oct 2014

I was thinking about that too. Because what happens when the disk gets full or when more processors are needed? I don't really like cloud hosting anymore. It's not reliable to me.

Quote · 22 Oct 2014

I was always of the opinion, for some reason, that Dolphin could be run from multiple servers????

If this is not the case then I need to find a solution quickly because next year i have a single site that will need to be run from multiple servers (just one is not going to cut it).

Maybe this functionality could be built into 1.5?????

Quote · 22 Oct 2014

I was always of the opinion, for some reason, that Dolphin could be run from multiple servers????

If this is not the case then I need to find a solution quickly because next year i have a single site that will need to be run from multiple servers (just one is not going to cut it).

You can still run dolphin on multiple machines but you have to do all the work manually. By plugin you just need to add the details of the prepared servers.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 22 Oct 2014

4 server 1 for MySQL 2 WebServer only and the NFS for storage or 3 server 1 DB 2 WebServer with rsync replicating the storage (Photo,video etc..) is not complicate to do that

You can still run dolphin on multiple machines but you have to do all the work manually. By plugin you just need to add the details of the prepared servers.

www.tumundo247.com - www.rampletea.com - www.clasificadosnetwork.com
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

4 server 1 for MySQL 2 WebServer only and the NFS for storage or 3 server 1 DB 2 WebServer with rsync replicating the storage (Photo,video etc..) is not complicate to do that

hi...help me understand how u going to use multiple server and same mysql..

like dolphin will be installed on two separate server..

and on one server mysql will be running..which will be connected to disk array and two servers where dolphin is installed..

like this ..u mean..but both server will have separate ip address ..so like running two domain like abc.com and 123.com

what i understand is two server  can't be run for one domain..??

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Have you ever noticed when you open a website and in bottom you see something like s1.website.com s2.website.com s3.website.com keep connecting..it all happens with round robin scheduling. so 1 domain is trying to connect these 3 webservers. Websites with load do this way. they have

1. Multiple webserver which have only the structure e.g of dolphin

2. Sql database

3. Network attached storage ( where picture videos etc saved)

so when user open website if there is load on 1st webserver it will shift to 2nd and then 3rd .its all rotating so the load is distributed equally on each webserver

These webservers are linked to sql database to fetch details of the user and also linked to the storage servers if user try to open video for example.

So a gud running website will have 5 webserver, 2 sql, 2 NAS ..incase any server fail the website will keep running.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Well this has come up with my site as well.

The good thing i dont need to figure it out my hosting provider will set it all up

multiple server  with self replication with a single or multiple database server with an optional nas for additional storage..

Let me see if i can find some of my old documents on how to set it up..

http://vi-bin.com
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

The servers are set up in a load balance configuration.. so the load is evenly across multiple servers.

so you have front end server with the dolphin interface.

backend database server(s)

with optional nas

http://vi-bin.com
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Have you ever noticed when you open a website and in bottom you see something like s1.website.com s2.website.com s3.website.com keep connecting..it all happens with round robin scheduling. so 1 domain is trying to connect these 3 webservers. Websites with load do this way. they have

1. Multiple webserver which have only the structure e.g of dolphin

2. Sql database

3. Network attached storage ( where picture videos etc saved)

so when user open website if there is load on 1st webserver it will shift to 2nd and then 3rd .its all rotating so the load is distributed equally on each webserver

These webservers are linked to sql database to fetch details of the user and also linked to the storage servers if user try to open video for example.

So a gud running website will have 5 webserver, 2 sql, 2 NAS ..incase any server fail the website will keep running.

hi..thanks for replying..

so if there are two sql or more..then these sql should sync each other very fast right..or one user might not see timeline post of other user..

and by syncing sql means sql should update SAN or NAS very fast right...because sql job is with database which is in NAS or SAN..

Quote · 24 Oct 2014

yes Sql and NAS syncing with other Sql and NAS in real time. rest you need to do some google search on this topic :)

Umar Haroon
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.