Fatal error: Cannot apply localization

Hi,

I have installed dolphin and after I removed the install directory (last part of install).

now, when I go to http://localhost/dolphin/index.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot apply localization

I was looking on some other posts about this problem and they said to change the root path in php.ini or open_basedir in php.ini but I really dont know what this means.

Does anyone know what the problem is / how to fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

easy...the dang sql insert doesnt go in right...please check your lanaguages tables in phpmy admin they are prbably blank

try run it again the languages didnt go in properly.

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 18 Jul 2009

Line #1309 in Dolphin V7.0's sql file is commented out. Even after uncommenting it so it puts english as default it will not work. I have been patiently waiting here to be able to install this as I paid $1k for it.

Quote · 14 Jan 2010

hi mr powless

im trying to understand about the language table ... i just cannot understand it .. actually i have the same problem fatal error: cannot apply localization im trying to fix this for days ...  i read and read the gendoitshooter.... the topic is there but not work for me.. can you pls. explain in detail.. pls...

Quote · 26 Jan 2010

All I did was copy the lang files from the installation folder into the langs folder and it worked okay. Hope this helps. :)

Quote · 2 Feb 2010

This could happen if your file's name has ' - ' caracter. Ex: lang-pt-br.php.

To solve this, acess inc/languages.inc.php and look for:

function checkLangExists( $sLang ) {
if (!preg_match('/^[A-Za-z0-9_]+$/', $sLang))

and change to:

function checkLangExists( $sLang ) {
if (!preg_match('/^[A-Za-z0-9_-]+$/', $sLang))

Quote · 16 Sep 2010

Quote · 5 Nov 2011

All I did was copy the lang files from the installation folder into the langs folder and it worked okay. Hope this helps. :)

thank. it works for me :-)

Quote · 13 Jul 2012

Sorry. But uploading the lang file into the langs folder is not a fix. The lang file is just a cache file. The moment you try to recompile languages or install a module, you will run into problems. A reinstall is the only way to fix it properly. Cannot apply localization occurring after install is a failed install. There are database entries for the language system missing.

I caution anyone using that method. It may look like it fixed the problem, but i has not. You will continue to run into problems later. That method should not be used.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 13 Jul 2012

Sorry. But uploading the lang file into the langs folder is not a fix. The lang file is just a cache file. The moment you try to recompile languages or install a module, you will run into problems. A reinstall is the only way to fix it properly. Cannot apply localization occurring after install is a failed install. There are database entries for the language system missing.

I caution anyone using that method. It may look like it fixed the problem, but i has not. You will continue to run into problems later. That method should not be used.

Listen to this guy's advise. It's true. I tried it. Worked for me. Re-installed it. Worked fine.

Quote · 11 Nov 2012

In the install archive there is no langs file. The install archive is missing just as many directories. I thought I'd give this script another look but it is just as flawed as it was the last time I tried years ago. Just wont run and has errors and is too buggy.

Quote · 2 Jul 2015

I call foul because you posted this in an old thread for help; if you want to complain, there is a Fun and Foo board.

Dolphin's zip file is complete if you download the correct zip.  I have installed Dolphin numerous times without any issues; perhaps you are not holding your mouth correctly when you do your installs Tongue Out

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 2 Jul 2015

Well he joined in 2007, it's taken him 8 years just trying to find those missing directories. Keep looking they're there.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 2 Jul 2015

I agree with the guy who said the script is flawed..

I have been trying to install it for weeks and it gives one error or the other.  I even reach out to the admins here and efforts have not yielded any result. I am so frustrated.

I dont know it all, so sharing is always better.
Quote · 14 Sep 2015

I agree with the guy who said the script is flawed..

I have been trying to install it for weeks and it gives one error or the other.  I even reach out to the admins here and efforts have not yielded any result. I am so frustrated.

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many issues. If you'd like, I can check over your server to make sure it meets the requirements, and install a fresh copy of Dolphin to make sure it's problem-free. If you're interested, just send me a PM.

As for this thread, unless this is related to the issue in the OP, I think it should finally be closed. I'll leave it open for a short while longer.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 14 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.