Greetings - One Time

Is it possible to set "Greetings" so they can be sent to a user only once?

If that user also sends "Greetings", then you will again send (such as the Facebook "pokes")

Quote · 6 Feb 2013

any ideas? :)

Quote · 11 Feb 2013

You can set it in Membership actions, but to only allow them to resend the greeting if they get a response on their original one, I am unaware. Sounds like a custom mod to me.

Quote · 11 Feb 2013

I still have this problem. How can I set this?

You can set it in Membership actions, but to only allow them to resend the greeting if they get a response on their original one, I am unaware. Sounds like a custom mod to me.

I have options like this:

Number of allowed actions:

Number of actions is reset every:

This action is available since:

This action is available until:

What should I write here exactly?

Quote · 1 May 2013

There is no way to control how many greetings a user can send to another user. You can only control how many greetings altogether then can send. It would be a great addition though. Such as a "Poke" on facebook. You can only poke them once, until they respond.

Quote · 1 May 2013

Hey AlexT, any way to get this logged as an enhancement?

Quote · 20 Aug 2013

Yes I have seen this as an issue in the past .... when users with little patience click the action button multi times (thinking it will make it work quicker or whatever) the person receiving this will receive multi greetings

Good idea to not allow it again until original response has been replied to etc.

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 20 Aug 2013

This problem still persists, where a greeting can be sent multiple times.

Has anyone modified this to allow a greeting to be sent only once between 2 members?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 30 Oct 2014

like a poke in facebook ...that would be cool..hope they will add in DU..

Quote · 30 Oct 2014

we can add poke expiry time to stop multiple poke...its there in fb..user can poke again even he or she didnt get reply poke...poke expiration is like a few days in fb..

Quote · 30 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.