HOW TO DISABLE AND REMOVE TITLE IN A MESSGE

Hello forum i want a help from you huys on how to disable the title and remove permanently from the message fields thanks waiting..........

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

What messages?  Possible screenshot would be nice.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 Oct 2013

mailbox: before a user is allowed send a message using his mailbox he has write the title of what he want to send same thing applicable when he want to reply the message,,,,,,,,,,,,,my users are complaining please how do i get rid of this?

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

This is going to require editing the mail script.  While emails can be sent without a subject; which is what the title is, the subject of the email, it is really not good practice.  I don't know why your members are wanting it removed because if they use email at all they will know about entering a subject; however, you need to remove the check for the subject/title line in the mail script.

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

can you guide me through on how to do it i dont wanna get my site down

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

SECONDLY i did delete the post but can you answer to the post here?

IT GOES LIKE THIS

Hello boonex please i want you guys to tell me how to make this works,

I want user to read the message sent to him by his friend using the simplemesseger you know just like facebook you type and press enter and the message goes intothe receiver  inbox automatically

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

Hello, just noticed your titles are in all caps.  I don't know if you realise it or not but on the internet that is considered shouting.

Anyway, here is your $200.00 USD answer to your question.  First of all, you can not have a blank subject; it is used to form the URL so that you have something to click on to view the message.  What we will do is to make a few changes so that if the subject line is blank, then the subject will be "No Subject"

In mail.php you need to find the following:

if(!$sMessageSubject) {
                    $sErrorMessage = '_Mailbox title empty';
                }

Change that to

if(!$sMessageSubject) {
                    $sMessageSubject = 'No Subject';
                }

Now you need to disable the javascript alert message.  In /inc/js/mail_box.js find:

var sComposeSubject =  $.trim($('#' + htmlSelectors[1]).attr('value'));
            if(!sComposeSubject) {
                sErrorMessage = _t('_Mailbox title empty');
            }

Delete the part:

if(!sComposeSubject) {
                sErrorMessage = _t('_Mailbox title empty');
            }

Make backups of your files first.  You may need to clear caches including your browser cache.

Quote · 12 Oct 2013

hmmn thanks for that so what about the simple messenger how to display and read simple messenger messages in your mail box?

thanks for the 200dlrs yelling Kiss

Quote · 20 Oct 2013

You want simple messenger messages in your mailbox? That's like getting twitter messages to your email! Are u sure you want this? And how can people answer to messages in the mailbox? 

Check my GeoDistance, Watermark, TorBlock and Android Push Notifications mods | http://goo.gl/H3Vp81
Quote · 20 Oct 2013

I would reconsider this and I am not going to work to find a solution for free.  If you want it, you can try posting a job for it.

Quote · 21 Oct 2013
Hmmn sometimes people get angry just like that @geek what is wrong with my words what I do is asking questions I don’t have the right to tell you do it for me. But if you find my words harsh or irrespective? Please forgive and help me if you wish, coz I don’t know how to start posting jobs on the market when I can do it with some of dolphin teams help and that will lead me to understands dolphin much. As I said ealier am sori, and thanks for the first answer coz it works fine for me please endeavor to help thanks  
Quote · 22 Oct 2013
Hmmn sometimes people get angry just like that @geek what is wrong with my words what I do is asking questions I don’t have the right to tell you do it for me. But if you find my words harsh or irrespective? Please forgive and help me if you wish, coz I don’t know how to start posting jobs on the market when I can do it with some of dolphin teams help and that will lead me to understands dolphin much. As I said ealier am sori, and thanks for the first answer coz it works fine for me please endeavor to help thanks  
Quote · 22 Oct 2013
Quote · 22 Oct 2013

You can remove the extra postings. 

I was not angry; my apologies if it comes off like that.  I should have said that what you want is probably not going to be simple and you should post in the jobs forum.  The two modules in question serve two different purposes; one if for email type messages and the other is for interactive chat between members in real time.  If you don't want users having a simple chat system, then uninstall the simple messenger and they can simply use the email system.

Quote · 22 Oct 2013

Please how do i hide the subject field?

subject.jpg · 257.2K · 259 views
Quote · 3 Nov 2013

So you are not going to allow your members to make the decision or not on if they want to add a subject?  The fix I gave simply allow one to not have to enter a subject if they so desired; however, they still can tell the person they are sending the message to, what the subject is.  For example, "Party Saturday Night; RSVP".  What you want to do is to limit your members and every message on your site will have "No Subject" as the subject.  If a member gets 10 messages, there is nothing to indicate what they are for.

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

"No Subject"

is what your members will always see in their inbox.  The subject needs to be there as it is the link to click on to open the message.

Quote · 3 Nov 2013

i had changed that to new message so the wont see no subject

Quote · 3 Nov 2013

i had changed that to new message so the wont see no subject

OK, then they will see this in their inbox:

new message

new message

new message

new message

new message

new message

new message

and when they reply it will be:

Reply: new message

However, it is your site.

Quote · 3 Nov 2013

Hey, I followed the instructions you had given to disable the subject Text box  but a pop up still comes up indicating the field being empty. can you help me fix it ?

im on dolphin 7.1.4 

Thank you

Quote · 23 Apr 2014

Hey, I followed the instructions you had given to disable the subject Text box  but a pop up still comes up indicating the field being empty. can you help me fix it ?

im on dolphin 7.1.4 

Thank you

Don't know how you did yours bit mine works fine.

Quote · 24 Apr 2014

im on dolphin 7.1.4 

Thank you

Did you follow all the changes?  Did you do the /inc/js/mail_box.js change for the alert box?  Go back and work through it again, you may have missed something.

Quote · 24 Apr 2014

If setting the default Subject to "No Subject" - will the user be able to overwrite this with a subject.

caredesign.net
Quote · 26 Apr 2014

If setting the default Subject to "No Subject" - will the user be able to overwrite this with a subject.

Professor, the way I set it up, if the user types a message to someone and does not add a title, it automatically adds the "No Subject" so that there is a link generated to click on.  Otherwise the member can just add the subject to the message in the normal way.  I don't know about the OP but I did not set a default subject; I merely check to see if the subject field is blank and if so, then set it to "No Subject".

Quote · 27 Apr 2014

ok, cool - thanks

caredesign.net
Quote · 27 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.