How can I switch to Old Menu Look?

Hi, how can I switch to the Old Menu Look of Dolphin instead of the current plain menu of 7.1.4... ?

please see attache images:

Menu-Current and Menu-Required...

Thanks

menu-required.JPG · 13.5K · 166 views
menu-current.JPG · 14.2K · 163 views
Quote · 27 Aug 2014

First, you search the market for a template that gives you the "old look".  Then when you don't find it, you commission someone to design a custom template for you.  Then you install it.

After you've done all that, you simply switch templates.

Alternatively, you can accept the fact that the 7.1 menu is an entirely different design that you don't simply switch to the old look, and find an existing template that you can live with.  There are hundreds of them available.  Some are even free.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 27 Aug 2014

Whether free templates or commercial, none is Responsive... even those who claim it is fully responsive, nope, I tried their demos on mobiles and tablets and they are not that good...

Quote · 28 Aug 2014

RE:

Whether free templates or commercial, none is Responsive... even those who claim it is fully responsive, nope, I tried their demos on mobiles and tablets and they are not that good...

Where did all that come from?  All you said was that you wanted the old look.  The 7.0.9 "Old look" that you said you liked, used a ton of images all over the place, and the chance of making that "look" responsive is zero.

Sounds like you need to hire someone to create exactly what you want, but I'll tell you right now that until a few changes are implemented in the source code, it's impossible to make a fully "responsive" template.  "Responsive" is just a catchy buzz word that a lot of people around here have latched onto and swallowed up.  Personally I think it's a bunch of bullshit.  My position is that you need to detect the user agent and load an entirely different template for mobile devices with touch screens.  Either that, or start off with a mobile template like Dolphin U does.  The downside of that is, a mobile template looks pretty dumb on a desktop.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

Personally I think it's a bunch of bullshit.  My position is that you need to detect the user agent and load an entirely different template for mobile devices with touch screens.

Thats my take on it also.

The downside of that is, a mobile template looks pretty dumb on a desktop.

Yup, i agree with that too.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.