How do i change my template color

I was wondering how i could change the settings of my template color to green and white not just white. is there a simple way to do this? Thanks, Dean

Quote · 24 May 2010

If your a pro on the dolphin framework (which is not me) You will have to edit CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). It depends on what you are trying to edit on what page at what place. the best thing to do is to search the forums and be very vague when you search. It seems to me that when you are looking for something in particular that the search will come up with nothing.

For example if you type in CSS in the search box not only will find everything and anything that has to do with changing your template but things you will eventually want to learn.

Most CSS files are in the template/base directory or the template directory that you are currently using as a default. My other advice would be to use firefox and ad an addon called firebug. It's an extremely useful tool that will help you locate almost everything.

Hope that helps.

Quote · 24 May 2010

I also did install firefox with the firebug, but still doesn't know how that is suppose to work. Someone here gave me a good webadres to a page where you can learn how to edit CSS http://www.w3schools.com/css/

than you still have to know where you can edit the CSS. you have to go to your ftpprogram and open your Dolphin source map than you go to templates/base/css

you can open the programs with notepad to edit the colourcodes in the colors you like. Well it's still a hell of a job and for sure if you don't know wich background colors you are changing... There are also ready templates for sale that will spare a lot of time.. :D

Quote · 24 May 2010

Actually, this is not a css. Its an image. You must find or create a background that you like (google it)

upload it to templates> tmpl_uni (or whichever template your using)>images>  ....rename the original body.png file to body_old.png, then rename your new green image to body.png. simple as that, you may have to clear cache maybe.

This sentance says nothing, and its possibly spellt wrong.
Quote · 24 May 2010

hmm barry that sounds good :D I am gonna try that :D thanks

Quote · 24 May 2010

yes it sounds great so I tried. I have downloaded a backgroundpicture from the internet to test this. it was a jpgfile . than I went to the map and didnt found a body.png there. so I uploaded my backgroundpicture and renamed it to body.png. but nothing changed...

where is my body.png file??

why doesnt it work? I did also empty the cache and cookies

Quote · 24 May 2010

there is no current bg img css in the body. you have to create it and point to your img.

i'm tired
Quote · 24 May 2010

yes it sounds great so I tried. I have downloaded a backgroundpicture from the internet to test this. it was a jpgfile . than I went to the map and didnt found a body.png there. so I uploaded my backgroundpicture and renamed it to body.png. but nothing changed...

where is my body.png file??

why doesnt it work? I did also empty the cache and cookies

Upload this image: /templates/base/images/body_backgr.gif

to folder: templates/tmpl_uni/images

Add code bellow to this file: templates/tmpl_uni/css/common.css

body {
background-image:url('../images/body_backgr.gif');
background-repeat:repeat;  
}

----------
All code on this file will be:

@import url(../../base/css/common.css);

body {
background-image:url('../images/body_backgr.gif');
}

-----------
Depend on how your image is,(size etc) the code can be a bit different...

Quote · 24 May 2010

O jeez! I forgot people DO use that uni template, and it isnt an image for the background. Sorry about that.

But like you said okweb, calling the image within base/css/common.css, essentially, makes that happen. Just make sure your background file is in templates/tmpl_uni/images, and go to /base/css/common.cssand put this code in there.

like this at the first few lines:

body {

background-image:url(/images/your background file name.gif);
font-family:Verdana,Arial;
font-size:11px;
color:#C2C1C1;
background-color:#ffffff;
margin:0px;
padding:0 0 50px 0;   
}

shoot...I guess you can probably just change color rite there (change the ffffff to whatever color)! Im sorry, I dont mess with temp_uni much and I am not super experienced.

If you need a color chart, try quackit: http://quackit.com/html/html_color_codes.cfm

This sentance says nothing, and its possibly spellt wrong.
Quote · 25 May 2010

RE:

I was wondering how i could change the settings of my template color to green and white not just white. is there a simple way to do this? Thanks, Dean

The real answer to your question is no.  Changing colors, and changing all the images to match, can be a really time consuming task, even for someone that designs Dolphin templates for a living.  Do yourself a big favor and check the market for a template you like and one you won't have to change very much.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 May 2010

I have tried to change that color:FFFFFF a long time ago but it doesn't work for the entire website, just parts. Only thing I get changed is everything that is behind the button with that green + , left from the enlargeglass.. before that nothing changes no matter what I fill in in the css files, I have changed all the FFFFFF but nothing changes at the homepage

I am gonna trie okweb's option later........  hope that will work.

Quote · 27 May 2010

FIREBUG plugin for Firefox.

It is a must have tool for anyone trying to change the templates. This tool will assist you in finding the correct location to make changes to in the css files. It can tell you what section and what css file something is in.

If you don't have it, get it.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 May 2010

sounds great that firebug.... I allready have it installed. now I just have to figure out how it works. should I open my website with firefox or something??? and then? run the firebug??

Wauw it worked!!! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much.....

Quote · 28 May 2010

I am so close right now. Only thing I need to know is how can I save the changes??? Like this any visitor on my site with firebug could change my settings??? cause I didn't have to log in anywhere....

So I think I still need to do something to save the changes...

Quote · 28 May 2010

firebug only shows you the code. anyone can make changes to a site using firebug, but it doesn't actually change the site. it is just changed temporarily until you leave the page.

click on the edit tab, hover over sections of the site you want to change and you can see the css and the files they are associated with. you have to go and edit those css files.

i'm tired
Quote · 28 May 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.