Pulling My Hair Out!

So I just picked this up again after much frustration.  It seems as though my main site is inheriting the header from somewhere but I am not sure where.  The logo was re-sized and the header was enlarged on this template, but it now displays all templates like this.

Here is the main site (sitting off root folder):
http://www.mancaveland.com/index.php

And here is my test site (subdir off of main site) where templates display correctly:
http://yourmusiclabel.com/index.php

Can anyone help on how to fix this and return it to normal?

Thanks!

Brian 

Quote · 28 Feb 2015

Those are two different templates, or at least changed enough. I'm not sure where the width/height of the logo is being controlled, but couldn't you upload a smaller logo image, or specify a size in CSS for the mainLogo class? E.g.,

.mainLogo { height: 68px; }

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Feb 2015

It is the same theme, but I have done a few color tweaks on the main site.  If you look at them with firebug the whole header where the main logo is, is totally jacked up on the main site.  The strange thing is where is it controlling this on a global level?  I am wondering if when I uploaded the logo (admin panel) I specified a size that was too large and it jacked up the table.  Since the logo is global for all templates where does it write that to?  Perhaps that is the culprit?

Quote · 28 Feb 2015

Here is a more visual representation of what it did to my site.

Here you can see that my main nav bar is way too big (tall and the menu is jacked up) now because of the change:
http://www.mancaveland.com/?preview=1&skin=dt_display_adult

Here is the test site that has not been messed with:

http://yourmusiclabel.com/?preview=1&skin=dt_display_adult

Quote · 28 Feb 2015

Us the inspect element to see where and how things are being controlled.  You should turn off caching for js and css so the inspect element (or firebug) can give you the complete info.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Location: http://www.mancaveland.com/media/images/1425163726.png

size: 52.85 KB (54,117 bytes)

dimensions: 1,024px × 123px

So it is large because the image is large.

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

GG, the image is the exact same on both sites, yet one displays it very large and as you can see completely changes the main menu.  Since this happens on all new themes installed on the main site it has to be controlled somewhere other than the css in the template directory.  Question is where?  When I upload a graphic in the admin panel and choose to leave "resize image" in the option, then specify the dims of the image where does this write to?

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

I use that template, it's from BSE.

It is known to have some layout issues, it is responsive as well it has problems with the columns moving to the opposite side.

Not sure if that has to do with your problems.

I was never able to get it to work properly.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Newton,

That is exactly why I am wanting to change it, but now when I change it the whole navigation menu is completely messed up and I can't figure how to go back to default.  

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

It looks like there was a <li> added somehow.  I can delete that node and it displays correctly.  Now the question is, where do I find this to delete it?  Screenshot attached.

li-issue.png · 1.2M · 189 views
Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Solved this issue:  Removed the "Help" button in nav and it removed the <li>

Now to figure out the darn logo...  Thanks for the responses!

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

As I said, that is the size of the image.  Maybe you are reducing it on the other site but that is the size of the image, 1,024px × 123px.  That is why it is large, the image is large.  Check it for yourself.

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

As I said, that is the size of the image.  Maybe you are reducing it on the other site but that is the size of the image, 1,024px × 123px.  That is why it is large, the image is large.  Check it for yourself.

Looks to be the same size on both sites. But I'm not sure where exactly in the other template the height is reduced like that. I think the easiest solution would be to reduce the image size to the desired height, or set the height in CSS to override any template trickery.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Thanks GG, this was not my problem, it only appeared as though that was the issue.  Somehow the Help in the NAV bar created a whole new <li> in the code when I re-ordered the menu, however one of the thoughts I had originally is that perhaps uploading and choosing a size to "resize" must have created td with that height.

Anyway, it is resolved.  Thanks :D

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Thanks GG, this was not my problem, it only appeared as though that was the issue.  Somehow the Help in the NAV bar created a whole new <li> in the code when I re-ordered the menu, however one of the thoughts I had originally is that perhaps uploading and choosing a size to "resize" must have created td with that height.

I am happy to hear it is fixed; however, the image was that large.  You can resize images and perhaps the td changed what CSS was being applied or something.  All you have to do is to download the image and check it locally to see that it was 1024 pixels wide   In my opinion, if you don't want a 1024px wide image, then physically resize it instead of using CSS or what have you to resize..

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

I am happy to hear it is fixed; however, the image was that large.  You can resize images and perhaps the td changed what CSS was being applied or something.  All you have to do is to download the image and check it locally to see that it was 1024 pixels wide   In my opinion, if you don't want a 1024px wide image, then physically resize it instead of using CSS or what have you to resize..

I understand the image is large (I created it), but that was not the problem.  I am going to revisit the size, but this is the image size that worked on other themes that I have tried (cover the width of the page).  That is why it is not the exact size that I am going to stick with.  If you read my reply the end result was the Help menu item and had nothing to do with the size of the logo.

Quote · 1 Mar 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.