Sounds player does not play using Google Chrome

Hi,

Can anyone help with sounds player not playing in Google Chrome browser.

I'm using latest edition of Chrome. Do I need a plugin on Chrome perhaps - or is it my Dolphin site perhaps?

Quote · 27 Jul 2014

hummm, I have just realized that it's the same at my main site :/

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 27 Jul 2014

By chance are you using the HTML5 player? What OS? Link to test?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 27 Jul 2014

Appears that the latest Chrome does have an issue.

I was at Chrome 34 something and the music files played without issue.  I decided to upgrade Chrome to latest version to see if that breaks something, it appeared it did.  With the latest Chrome, the music player loads but then greys out and does not work.

So it does appear we have an issue somewhere with the latest Chrome version.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Jul 2014

Update: I tested playing an uploaded video and it played without any issues; however, the sound player is not working with the latest version of Chrome.  My site is at 7.1.1.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Jul 2014

I'm aware of an issue like this, and it stems from Chrome/Chromium not wanting to play the MP3, which is loaded first. OGG works fine. I haven't tested this outside of Linux, though, so I'm not sure if that's also the case on Windows or Mac OS X.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Jul 2014

REL

Hi,

Can anyone help with sounds player not playing in Google Chrome browser.

I'm using latest edition of Chrome. Do I need a plugin on Chrome perhaps - or is it my Dolphin site perhaps?

See if this works for you:

In the file: /modules/boonex/html5av/classes/BxH5avModule.php

At  around line 232

Replace this:

<source type=\'audio/mpeg; codecs="mp3"\' src="' . BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . "flash/modules/mp3/get_file.php?id=" . $iFileId . "&token=" . $sToken . '" />

With this:

<source type=\'audio/mpeg\' src="' . BX_DOL_URL_ROOT . "flash/modules/mp3/get_file.php?id=" . $iFileId . "&token=" . $sToken . '" />

Or just delete the code highlighted in red.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 28 Jul 2014

Thanks for the quick fix, houstonlively.  It worked on my site. I really appreciate it!

Quote · 28 Jul 2014

Thanks for the quick fix, houstonlively.  It worked on my site. I really appreciate it!

The quick fix appears to work on my site as well. Many thanks for quick work-around.

Quote · 29 Jul 2014

RE:

work-around

It's not a work-around... it's an actual fix.  The problem is with dolphin...Not Chrome.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 29 Jul 2014

I did what you said to do !!, cleared the cache still no luck !!!

BxH5avModule.php · 16.9K · 216 downloads
Mike
Quote · 7 Oct 2014

I did what you said to do !!, cleared the cache still no luck !!!

You send me a PM that this fix doesn't work for Videos?  This is a fix for playing audio files.  Whenever you figure out which type it is that you are having problems with, maybe someone can help.   This fixes a particular issue with playing sounds in specific versions of Chrome.

Quote · 7 Oct 2014

I finally gave up on that horses ass browser...... I don't even build to it anymore and i warn my users to use Firefox or ie..... You know, the Google concept used to be a good one back when they were tennis shoe wearing teenagers. Now it runs a close second to Microsoft products for overbuilt and code fat....

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 8 Oct 2014

Actually its the video section that doesn't work on chrome...

Mike
Quote · 9 Oct 2014

fresh install of dolphin 7.1.4 - no problems with videos or sounds on google chrome (Version 37.0.2062.124 m)

caredesign.net
Quote · 9 Oct 2014

fresh install of dolphin 7.1.4 - no problems with videos or sounds on google chrome (Version 37.0.2062.124 m)

Actually its the video section that doesn't work on chrome...

I only have a problem with trying to advance/ff on the videos.

Sounds work well videos play fine but don't advance and then play in Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101 m.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 9 Oct 2014

RE:

A few versions back, the folks at Google decided that it would be a good idea to not play sound files if the embed code did not comply strictly to RFC3003.... thus the getting rid of codecs="mp3"

Perhaps they have decided that it would be better to attempt to play the media with the non compliant code, rather than ignore it completely.

Quote · 9 Oct 2014

then is there a way to fix this ???

RE:

A few versions back, the folks at Google decided that it would be a good idea to not play sound files if the embed code did not comply strictly to RFC3003.... thus the getting rid of codecs="mp3"

Perhaps they have decided that it would be better to attempt to play the media with the non compliant code, rather than ignore it completely.

Mike
Quote · 10 Oct 2014

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101 m

I don't have any problems with videos or sounds.

Quote · 10 Oct 2014

this version does Version 38.0.2125.101 on myself and my members....

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101 m

I don't have any problems with videos or sounds.

Mike
Quote · 11 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.