Store is it normal for mambers to sell stuff

Hi ive just noticed that members can sell stuff in the store , is this normal , i thought only i could sell items lol

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Yep its normal. As long as the member puts in their PayPal address, they can sell too. Of course you can stop that by removing the access to sell within the membership level(s).

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

many thanks for helping

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Someone added a product and its ended up in the Admin Products not pending approval

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Not sure I follow. Are you saying that a member on your site added a product to the store and it shows that it was added by you (the admin)? Would need to see it.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Hi i created a second account , i created an item then logged out , then i logged in as admin , items show as admin products , plus i see no option for the member to add the paypal details when adding items.

screenshot added

888.PNG · 419K · 171 views
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Oh, yeah, you will see all store products when you are in the admin panel. I am assuming that screen name is NOT your site admin name?

Also, the setting for members is on their Account > Payments > Settings page

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

when i add price it does not show plus its confusing because above it says add files screenshot added.

777.PNG · 12.2K · 155 views
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

In order for a product to show up in the store (pricing, cart, etc), you HAVE to upload a product file at least. That is also what triggers the 'add to cart' function.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Hi that confusing because i added the image already , the product is not virtual its a pre workout supplement , if someone sells a car the files bit will confuse many people .

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Since the store is designed for 'selling' digital products, you have to upload a product file in order for it to be fully functional. Even if it's just a plain text file that says 'email me'

If the member is just wanting to upload something that everyone can download for free, then I would suggest using the 'Files' module instead of the store. In your other example referring to a car, of course that is better place in the 'Ads' module :)

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

digital products that's stupid seeing its a social networking script

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

digital products that's stupid seeing its a social networking script

I have worked with several that thought the cart was more.  The classifieds (Ads) doesn't really work either as a shop. It seems that no one has done in real work in this area either.  Many don't need something like OS-Commerce, they want a simple shop where one can sell things.  imoverhere, I wish I had something for you but I don't.  On one site they are testing OpenCart and thinking of paying for it to be integrated; I will report back to you with how that went.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Jan 2014

On one site they are testing OpenCart and thinking of paying for it to be integrated; I will report back to you with how that went.

i'm also in the process of doing this, might be worth discussing where we're all at with it

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

On one site they are testing OpenCart and thinking of paying for it to be integrated; I will report back to you with how that went.

i'm also in the process of doing this, might be worth discussing where we're all at with it

They purchased the OpenCart module on the Market but all that does is to insert the OpenCart in an iframe, it is not integrated, so we have been discussing with a vendor about integrating Dolphin with the OpenCart as far as members are concerned.  We have not started that.  This is my thought and what I presented to the vendor.  I want when someone register on the site that it creates an account for them in OpenCart.  When the member logs on, they are logged on in OpenCart so if they purchase something, they can just click and checkout without having to log in.  One thing I did not include in my presentation was when someone leaves the Dolphin site; should they be automatically removed from the OpenCart as well; that might should be a yes.  We also want guests to still be able to shop from OpenCart without being a member.

What are your ideas on the integration?

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

(1) They purchased the OpenCart module on the Market but all that does is to insert the OpenCart in an iframe, it is not integrated, so we have been discussing with a vendor about integrating Dolphin with the OpenCart as far as members are concerned.  We have not started that.  (2) This is my thought and what I presented to the vendor.  I want when someone register on the site that it creates an account for them in OpenCart.  When the member logs on, they are logged on in OpenCart so if they purchase something, they can just click and checkout without having to log in.  One thing I did not include in my presentation was when someone leaves the Dolphin site; should they be automatically removed from the OpenCart as well; that might should be a yes.  (3) We also want guests to still be able to shop from OpenCart without being a member.
What are your ideas on the integration?

(1) does this work ok? i only ask because when i placed opencart into an iframe everything looked and worked great until i tested the checkout (which i couldn't do), it seemed to me that the processing company didn't like it that it was in an iframe, don't know if it's a security issue or if it was just me. 

(2) those where my exact thoughts, after speaking to someone i know that this can be done for a single store (at the time i was thinking of using just 1 install of opencert in multistore mode), but know i realise i need multiple installs of the opencart script and haven't found out yet if this can be done (i would want it so that if you are logged in to dolphin you are logged in to all stores), i know that part of the process is that if someone goes to register on the opencart script they are redirected to the dolphin join page

(3) opencart already has a guest purchase system built-in so that shouldn't be a problem

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

@ ClublandOnline

I can not answer at this time because the OpenCart module in the market is requiring me to install ionCube on the server and I refuse to do so.  I am waiting for the vendor to supply me with a version of the script that is not encrypted with ionCube.  Unless I completely missed it, neither the licensing requirement or the installation of a third party script was mentioned on the module's page.

Quote · 7 Jan 2014

Cant they just make it so you can sell normal items also , you should not need to purchase a mod the one that comes with dolphin should do the job , do a feature request. 

Quote · 8 Jan 2014

Cant they just make it so you can sell normal items also , you should not need to purchase a mod the one that comes with dolphin should do the job , do a feature request. 

The question is not if they can, it's if they will. It's a digital product only store and that is just currently the way it is.

So you need to decide if you can you wait until they choose to add non digital product support to the store. They may never do it. They may have intended to make the module digital only. After all, the store here is digital only. They themselves have no need for selling non digital products so the incentive is not there for them.

Dolphin can't contain everything under the sun built into the product.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 8 Jan 2014

AQBSoft has heavily modified the store module for me, to handle real products.

I think the changes are too good for them not to release these as a store add-on.

My site: www.mystampworld.net

Anyone who thinks my modified store is useful should contact AQBSoft and twist their arm a little. :)

Cheers,

Rod

Rod | www.mystampworld.net | hosted with BoonexHosting.com
Quote · 8 Jan 2014

Yes, AQB are genuine guys unlike some who have developed hundreds of modules and do not turn up or bother to even reply even after they say we have to wait for 48 hours.

Quote · 15 Sep 2014

RE

AQB are genuine guys

They are also the major programmers of Boonex.

AQB=AntonLV

http://www.boonex.com/AntonLV

boonex-staff.jpg · 56.7K · 224 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 15 Sep 2014

Going back to the earlier part of this post,

I simply great a word doc. that is a receipt that shows what the purchaser just bought, the details of the purchase & the order processing details. I upload this as the file that is being requested. I use Paypal who sends me an email every time I have a purchase. I then log-in to the website and process the order.

This works for me because I am selling simple purchase & ship type items that don't require any website interaction like shipping costs, taxes, etc. (which Paypal will do for you if needed)

So if you are looking to sell stuff and are using the hands on method for shipping anyway, I suggest keeping it simple.

Works for me,
Mel 

Quote · 16 Sep 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.