TMDHosting and Arvixe, please stop offering bs!

It's going to be just another post about these two, at least. 

I've just got tired of bullsh%t service of these "companies". My customers are using them because they advertise on Boonex, thinking they are one of the best when the truth is opposite. FTP timeout and disconnects when copying files to the server, causing website crash and FTP never connects again. Some websites are loading forever. Some weird kind of server cache (?) preventing me to see the code changes when it's saved on the server. Etc, etc, etc.

Why should we have this headache?!

Damn...

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 28 Mar 2015

i don't how bad they are ..m using tmdhosting..

my website was opening kindda slow two days back...and ftp upload was way slow like in bytes...

but they update my website for free..also m using shared hosting ..lol..so i didn't complain..

Quote · 28 Mar 2015

I've had an Arvixe account since I became the liaison, which is coming up on three years, and I've never had any of those things happen.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Mar 2015

m still having problem with my website..

sometimes website wont load complete..

i cleared my cache in server and browser too..problem is still there..

Quote · 28 Mar 2015

Hi boonexpert,

Do you have a ticket number we can look into? We would like to see what is happening with your account.

Regards,

Noah@arvixe

Noah @ Arvixe
Quote · 30 Mar 2015

I'm experiencing the same problem and reported it to them. They gave me some crap advice which didn't solve the problem. Still the server is closing the connection automatically when I'm uploading files to the server.

When I'm trying to reconnect I have to close Filezilla and start it up again.

It's going to be just another post about these two, at least. 

I've just got tired of bullsh%t service of these "companies". My customers are using them because they advertise on Boonex, thinking they are one of the best when the truth is opposite. FTP timeout and disconnects when copying files to the server, causing website crash and FTP never connects again. Some websites are loading forever. Some weird kind of server cache (?) preventing me to see the code changes when it's saved on the server. Etc, etc, etc.

Why should we have this headache?!

Damn...

Quote · 30 Mar 2015

Tickets are useless, have tried that some time ago. Me and my customers experience such problems 99% of time using these service providers and never if using other ones. Why to not check server log files and just fix it?

Hi boonexpert,

Do you have a ticket number we can look into? We would like to see what is happening with your account.

Regards,

Noah@arvixe

Quote · 30 Mar 2015

I just sent a ticket to TMD hosting about the problem and now I see the 'sending keep alive' command in my Filezilla. No more automatic closings of the server.

Quote · 30 Mar 2015

In Filezilla, make sure the Transfer Settings are set correctly as provided by the host; that can also affect connections.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Mar 2015

Hi Boonexpert,

I need the ticket number so your account can be located. Tickets also make sure that the proper procedure is being followed and allow the management team to make sure issues are being solved properly.

Regards,

Noah @ Arvixe
Quote · 31 Mar 2015

Hello boonexpert,

May we also have the ticket number regarding the issue you have described. We will review it and diligently follow up.

We will keep this thread updated on the resolution.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best,

Brandon @ TMDHosting

Quote · 31 Mar 2015

After multiple complains from my customers who are on TMDHosting, asking for money back because I'm not able to connect and fix their sites and not being able to work normally with FTP connection, I must pick this topic up, sorry.

Dear Boonex, would you please remove this one from "recommended" hosting providers as it's the worst hosting provider we've ever experienced.

I have no more words to say.

I'm tired of angry customers.

The Worst provider ever.

For real.

No mercy.

Quote · 26 Jan 2016

Back in 2012 I used their shared package while developing a Dolphin site... and then in 2013 I found out pretty quick I need more computing power and moved to one of their "starter" Virtural Private Server packages... soon increasing to a mid-size VPS package... which still crapped out at times.  Eventually I moved the site away from TMD to an *unmanaged* Dedicated Server at OVH.  If I'd had to do it over again I'd have moved to a DS at Zarconia where they'll offer some good basic help with Dolphin software set up issues.

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 26 Jan 2016

It's called Varnish caching why do hosting companies use it?

Once EIG purchased Arvixe it was down hill for my sites. 

http://certifiedhosting.com/
Quote · 26 Jan 2016

I used TMD Hosting they are always ready to help and very quick about getting my website up and running. I have no idea how to upload modules and some vendors charge but with TMD they upload them for me for free. I've tried  about 3 different host before TMD and they are the best I ever seen.

Quote · 26 Jan 2016

Vashan,

Those who knows how to upload modules are not going to ask TMD each time they need to upload. The hosting service includes FTP server access which allows you to upload modules and do any changes or fixes to your website. I'm not going to ask TMD to change a line in the code on client's website and make my client wait forever just because their FTP access doesn't work.

In other words, you bought a car and the only person can run it is your car seller, you can call him any time you need to drive, but you have to wait a couple hours for him. So if you can drive somewhere in 10 minutes, you won't wait for 2 hours. It's more convenient to drive it yourself as you paid for it, isn't? And this thing never works.

Quote · 26 Jan 2016

I'm thinking I go ahead TMDhosting... Singapore is the closest servers for the Australians.

Is TMD is good ? 

Quote · 26 Jan 2016

I'm thinking I go ahead TMDhosting... Singapore is the closest servers for the Australians.

Is TMD is good ? 

LOL

Quote · 26 Jan 2016

TMD's customer service is the best I ever experienced. You have an answer within minutes and they have very good knowledge of the Boonex script. They really help you out when you have a problem. I've never had problems with FTP uploads anymore.

Besides that, I don't complain about their price :-)

Since my latest complaint about speed, they moved my website to another (faster) server and my website is fast as lightning since.

They really listen to their customers.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

My website lives on some European VPS (I'm not going to advertise their name here) and I've had never ever contacted my server company support within a year of using their services. I can't even say how good or bad their support is. My site just works as it should. I'm paying as low as 3 bucks per month for the whole VPS with about 5 Gb of disk space which is more than enough for my purposes.

If you are not technician and want to run a simple website just for fun, probably such services as GoDaddy, HostGator or TMD are "seems" to be a great choice: they are offering everything "unlimited" for a peanuts: "Wow, it's like I can earn millions on my site by investing only a couple bucks!"

But then you are realizing that "unlimited" is just an attractive word for those who believes in fairy tales. In real world you are solving bugs, creating tickets to their "fast support service" and have headaches instead of moving forward with your project.

When I have a client with the website hosted on TMD, I'm refusing to work with him in most cases. Because I know it would cost me more than I'll earn.

There's enough similar forum topics about TMD here.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

I was just shut down while sending out activation and confirmation emails. Arvixe removed my admin folder from  my Dolphin script.  Apparently, you can have a site to work on, but when it is activated and you have send notifications, you are abusing their system. I have had many other issue with them as well. one other is the inability to install flash apps, when I was able before.  I have been with them close to 10 years, at least as long as I had dolphin script. They offered me a special price on two years, this last time and I was a sucker and took it. I am looking for a new hosting service, I am done with Arvixe, and I don't even want to try TMD..

Quote · 14 Aug 2017

You're a liaison, sure you are going to be on the side of arvixe. Why do they need a liaison in the first place ?

I've had an Arvixe account since I became the liaison, which is coming up on three years, and I've never had any of those things happen.

Quote · 14 Aug 2017

Makes no sense, why would you ask your hosting company to upload modules and files for you?  You should have access to a control panel of some sort with your package.  Makes absolutely no sense at all. 

I used TMD Hosting they are always ready to help and very quick about getting my website up and running. I have no idea how to upload modules and some vendors charge but with TMD they upload them for me for free. I've tried  about 3 different host before TMD and they are the best I ever seen.

Quote · 14 Aug 2017

What type of hosting do you need?  dedicated, vps, shared ....  Let me know maybe i can help you out. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 14 Aug 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.