The White screen of death , i'm serious

Upgraded from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5 and since then i get this plain white screen show up and can't get to anywhere but admin menu.  Let me explain deeper , upon fresh install every thing works great, then i start to load Mod's and after 2 to 3 mods its fine. After about the 4 to 5th mod install i just get a while screen and can't see any menu anymore. No Failures, link in bottom left look good BUT No Displays of information .

I thought may it was just 1 Mod that might be failing , well i reloaded 5 times and installed different mods( different order ) and it doesn't make a difference. I can't seem to get past 4 or 5 mod installs then it fails .

Any one else getting anything close to this, i am being hosted at  hostforweb and my Domain is hosted there as well. I am about to do my 6th install and see if i can get any hint to the problem.

Quote · 26 Jan 2015

Ok reloaded again and all worked fine on basic install. Now installed my first mod and ( WHAM ) i can't access the  www.talkhard.ca/Admin    menu , its just displays a white page with NO data . All the other pages display ok....

UPDATE: i uninstalled the first mod and it allowed me back into the Admin profile page . I will now try a different mod, mod installed fine.

Update i installed that first mod again and it won't let me access the Admin Profile page again.......I am presently sending email to the makers of the mod to make them aware.

Quote · 26 Jan 2015

Most probably there is some error, but since display_error is off in php settings - only white page appears.

I would suggest to check error_log file (usually appears in the directory where error occurred, in Dolphin root folder in your case) and send error details to the mod author, you can also ask hosting support to find out the error details.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Solved , it was a mod error

Thanks all who helped

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

Why is display_error is off in php settings?

http://www.busimatch.club ( The most exclusive business club)
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

RE

Why is display_error is off in php settings?

If it was on all the site errors would show.

That us usually only turned on for troubleshooting a problem, or to hide incompatible php versions.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

What I usually do to temporary turn on the error display when working on sites is this :

In inc/header.inc.php

Find :

ini_set('magic_quotes_sybase', 0);

Just below, add :
     ini_set("display_errors",1);

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 31 Jan 2015

What mod was it? Suddenly this morning, I have the white scream of death...

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
Quote · 21 Jul 2015

What mod was it? Suddenly this morning, I have the white scream of death...

A blank, white page usually means a PHP error. As noted above, turn on error_reporting or check your error_log for a timestamp that matches, then post the full error message.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 21 Jul 2015

White screen of death in php scripts usually means that an error occurred and execution of the script stopped.  If you have error reporting turned on and sent to the screen you will be able to see the error.  The other way is to look at the error log for php (if php is logging errors to the error log).

We can not do any more until we know the nature of the error.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Jul 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.