The olden days..

Just last year these forums were so much fun, where have all them gone?

Five hours between post, have you all gotten lives while we were not looking?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

I am always around, just posting less.

Where is GG???

Where is HL???

so much to do....
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

Where is GG???

that's the more important question..

HL is always there, lurking, ever so present

Quote · 16 Aug 2014

If you're reading this HL, I dare you, I double dare you to post here.

so much to do....
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

RE

If you're reading this HL, I dare you, I double dare you to post here.

Now he won't..

Quote · 16 Aug 2014

Seeing as how most of those threads were to complain about issues, I can only guess that there's less to (actively) complain about.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

Blessing and a curse - we may now have to resort to facebook type posts of "I just ate an egg".

Seeing as how most of those threads were to complain about issues, I can only guess that there's less to (actively) complain about.

caredesign.net
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

Blessing and a curse - we may now have to resort to facebook type posts of "I just ate an egg".

Don't give houstonlively any ideas.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 16 Aug 2014

It is a sad state of affairs if your only fun on this forum is an HL post. Actually that speaks volumes on the decline of the Boonex empire....

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

I'm still here..... lurking in the background.... watching... waiting for the aquatic mamal to reach maturity before I lay out any more cash.... Plotting.... Thinking of new and unique ideas....

I have an unused license, which will get used on a new site.... when everything works and has a chance worthy of the time and effort it will take : )

Quote · 17 Aug 2014

I check in everyday but I took on a project of repairing a retail store, which has taken up most of my time since September. Newton, how's your store doing?

Vunderba..... Challenge Yourself to be the Best...... Hosting from Zarconia.net
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

must admit, I only post here if Im trying to fix something or have a question mainly!

Out of interest, how many of us use another 'forum' site?

Would be interesting to see if everyone who builds a community site, uses community sites! (other than FB which is less and less 'community' with every 'development' they make...

I used to use a number of martial arts forum sites on a regular basis, tend to browse them more than interact on them these days. Have 'had a go' on a few other forum sites, but never really found any that felt like 'community'.

Quote · 17 Aug 2014

"Out of interest, how many of us use another 'forum' site?" - This is the only one I use as this is the only thing I am actually working with other than my day job. I periodically look for other sites related to what I have been working on - looking for new ideas, or new functionality and such.

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

RE

I'm still here..... lurking in the background.... watching...

Been wondering where you been Nathan!

Quote · 17 Aug 2014

RE

Newton, how's your store doing?

Sold that headache 10 months ago!!! Too much work!

Quote · 17 Aug 2014

I am here daily ... everyday!

Post when I feel the need to =)  Yeah forum does seem to be having quiet period.

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

LMAO

"Oh my friend Sandra just had a cheese sandwich everyone"

hehe =)

Don't give houstonlively any ideas.

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

GG here Smile

The summer has been hectic with me.  I have not even been able to find the time to go hiking and I love hiking.

I do look in when I can.

Hope everyone else is having a great summer; or winter depending on where you are.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 Aug 2014

RE

I have not even been able to find the time to go hiking and I love hiking

Well let me be the first to tell you.   Take a hike.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 18 Aug 2014

RE

I have not even been able to find the time to go hiking and I love hiking

Well let me be the first to tell you.   Take a hike.

LOL

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Aug 2014

Life got really busy for me and I've mostly been lurking but still doing Dolphin gigs (I updated an old Dolphin 6 site earlier this year!). The past couples of years, I ventured more into custom PHP work with other OS apps.

Dolphin U is fun to work with and is much more polished in some ways and that's got me excited. I hope to put out some free mods.

I remember when this forum was like a crazy saloon with daily bar fights...lol...

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 26 Aug 2014

RE

I remember when this forum was like a crazy saloon with daily bar fights...lol...

It was exciting to come here each morning and see the stuff, now it's many hours between post.

Many of my people I helped have moved on to other platforms unfortunately.

Quote · 26 Aug 2014

I agree.

I worked a few different platforms by using integrating (basically hacking and gluing) custom mods into it. But I think my fave has always been Dolphin. It just has so much more into it and is the most complete to me.

Right now, I'm trying to get my head around creating modules for Dolphin U. The  approach while the same, is still a bit different. Hope to put something out soon so people can use it as a starting point for their own stuff. I should write another tutorial.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 26 Aug 2014

I was hoping this thread would bring out all the "classics". Dosdawg, Sammy, that jerky guy who faked his own death... anyone out there?

Quote · 27 Aug 2014

Yeah, forum is pretty quiet these days, I miss those old good notifications about new posts with something interesting...

Have a feeling that there's nobody around anymore. Maybe just summertime?

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

Things better pick back up soon. Thats all i can say about that.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... Nate please say that is your humor and a joke and you have not taken up a crack habit?

... as for me, I got off house arrest, ankle bracelet off, parole complete .. I am back out being a productive member of society!

waiting for the first person to offer me 350 dollars for viptopa so i can atleast get back 1 tenth of what i have in the modules, chat program and other things us oldies were known to blow money on like we had a true addiction problem!

MY SITES http://viptopia.net general social networking | http://www.rangerschat.com/ niche site
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

I guess people is excited about new development :). While waiting its time to take a little break..

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 28 Aug 2014

Start a thread about pouring a bucket of icy water over your head, things will soon get busy :-)

Quote · 30 Aug 2014

Well, the 9 - 5 keeps me busy and tired. My last projects are completed, client just needs someone to market them. Hmmm - now I need another project. Thinking of doing one for myself, but not exactly sure what I want to do.

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Aug 2014

I have 3 Dolphin sites in build at the moment, aiming to launch this year. 

Also working on a Dolphin / Magento integration.

Don't tend to post as much here as I used to though... still busy with Dolphin though :-)

Quote · 30 Aug 2014

Hoping DolphinU brings them back

RE

It was exciting to come here each morning and see the stuff, now it's many hours between post.

Quote · 30 Aug 2014

Still drop in to lurk around from time to time, but if nothing's broken it tends to be quiet.

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 1 Sep 2014

So... My patience has finally paid off.... after a year of waiting and trial and error I have one hot mamma of an idea for a site that has every chance of going viral in a huge way.... Its simple, current, very trendy, uber cool.

Not blowing my own trumpet (cant reach) but this is the dolphin site that FB is going to want to buy in a couple of years time..... if in a couple of years I am still poor and have wasted yet more $$$$ you can remind me that I am an Idiot... but nothing ventured....

Nathan

Quote · 1 Sep 2014

if in a couple of years I am still poor and have wasted yet more $$$$ you can remind me that I am an Idiot...

Bahahahah, that's too funny.

Quote · 1 Sep 2014

So... My patience has finally paid off.... after a year of waiting and trial and error I have one hot mamma of an idea for a site that has every chance of going viral in a huge way.... Its simple, current, very trendy, uber cool.

Not blowing my own trumpet (cant reach) but this is the dolphin site that FB is going to want to buy in a couple of years time..... if in a couple of years I am still poor and have wasted yet more $$$$ you can remind me that I am an Idiot... but nothing ventured....

Nathan

Best of luck to you! .. never really set out to have a site make mega dollars. Never had a good enough idea for one. I did have a chance to go pretty big but we dropped the ball. It was when stickam closed. All the members were spreading the word about my site being the new place to chat. went from an average of 20 users till a chatroom maxed out at 100 over night. So Newt, Pranshank and I worked to try to supply the demand, I grabbed a few awesome dedicated servers, did a quick catchy name change real fast, so I could trow Google ads on there again and start capitalizing .. problem was the chatroom, was on Flashcoms and had the 100 user package at first which was great at first but when Stickam closed and they all came over we hit the 100 max really quick so I bought the unlimited package. The problem came when I bought it on a Friday and they delivered it I had decided to use their media hosting till I could find a server capable of handling the load at a reasonable price. Flashcoms is a good chat program I guess when compared to the others, but their media hosting sucks! their media server went down that Friday evening after we was all setup and was watching the numbers climb to well over a few hundred.. and well when Flashcom goes home on Friday they do not return till Monday. No one in their offices on the weekends, so getting the server restarted was impossible till Monday morning. I did try to still save it somewhat.  I grabbed up a server that HL had found that was a decent price with a unlimited 10 gig connection. We got red5 up and going on it and tried to change my Flashcoms to use the new media server of mine and go back to working, we tried ALL WEEKEND. Then Monday morning we found out that even though it lets you change your media server info in the admin panel of your chat program, the program still will not use it till you have it recompiled with the new media server info.

By the time they had told us that Monday morning all the chatters had found and decided to go to other places. So I was out the price of the unlimited chat upgrade, the price of the huge monster media server, and the price of the huge monster ded we moved over to so we could handle the massive amounts of constant sign up we was getting. That was the one chance at one of my sites GETTING HUGE and viral.

My sites were just something to do and kill time and stuff though when I started. Rangerschat is still busy and constant, it too was viral in Scotland for a while. When we first opened it and first started the call in radio show and me and the other host were crashing servers and getting like 10 thousand and more listens a day till we made the news on TV, and the papers and my co host ended up going to prison for stuff he has said on the site. but with the url all over Scottish news outlets we was doing great numbers far as hits and stuff. That has all settled down now, other guys are dong the call in show, numbers are quite a few hundred live listens a day on the site but only a shadow of what it was there for a bit. Had we been able to keep those numbers for a little bit longer it would be a very impressive site right now, although about a 100 active and on the site during peak hours is not to shabby I guess for a niche site that caters to Scottish team specific football (soccer) fans.

MY SITES http://viptopia.net general social networking | http://www.rangerschat.com/ niche site
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

RE:

I have one hot mamma of an idea for a site that has every chance of going viral in a huge way

Me too. My gay Nazi midget swingers site is really taking off.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 Oct 2014

Sux eh Tussery... i know what effort you put into that site...,. All it takes is the smallest thing to bring something good tumbling down... Our main concern (at the moment) is server power and space... but we are with the mighty Zarconia, and have every faith in them....

HL... send me a link lol..... I did actually like the AssAtlas site that was doing the rounds... shame it dissapeared....

Quote · 25 Oct 2014

RE:

I did actually like the AssAtlas site that was doing the rounds... shame it dissapeared....

I gave up that domain...  too much work.  So many asses... so little time.  I may give up bastardbook.com as well.  Although the name has great potential for a humor site where scorned women bash  the men they know, It makes me see a world where endless libel suits become the norm.  I also could not in good conscience promote a male bashing site, without also putting MizBitch.com online to balance things out gender-wise.  I'm not even going to mess with sorry-YourKidIsUgly.com

Quote · 25 Oct 2014

RE

Hell , I might take breaks from the big boonex but I still love the Dolphin ....Just cost so much to feed her .

Quote · 26 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.