Tinymce missing options

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my tinymce but it doesn't look like the one on this forum. It is missing the options to change style, font size, color and so on.  See the the pic I added to get an idea of what i'm talking about. Could you tell me how I can fix it please? I'm using dolphin 7.1.4

~Thanks 

tinymce.png · 51.3K · 319 views
Quote · 18 Feb 2014

First of all, I need to know the exact version of Dolphin you are using.  You listed this under the 7.1, but I need to know the x in 7.1.x.  The reason is that starting with 7.1.4, the forum uses the same TinyMCE init as the rest of the site;  Earlier 7.1 Dolphins has the forum TinyMCE separate from the rest of the site; so I would have to give instructions for that as well.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Feb 2014

Geekgirl I wrote that I was using 7.1.4 in my post. =) Do you have any idea how I could get my tinyMCE to look like the one we're using for the this dolphin forum?  

First of all, I need to know the exact version of Dolphin you are using.  You listed this under the 7.1, but I need to know the x in 7.1.x.  The reason is that starting with 7.1.4, the forum uses the same TinyMCE init as the rest of the site;  Earlier 7.1 Dolphins has the forum TinyMCE separate from the rest of the site; so I would have to give instructions for that as well.

Quote · 18 Feb 2014

Geekgirl I wrote that I was using 7.1.4 in my post. =) Do you have any idea how I could get my tinyMCE to look like the one we're using for the this dolphin forum?  

LOL, I did a quick scan and did not even see that.  I must not be getting enough sleep.

/templates/base/scripts/BxBaseEditorTinymce.php

Actually, if you do a search of the forums here for TinyMCE Buttons; TinyMCE Toolbars, etc you will find plenty of information already posted on this.

Quote · 18 Feb 2014

the pic he posted is normal for fresh 7.1.4 install , for forum pasts anyway.

Quote · 18 Feb 2014

Geekgirl I did those searching and found nothing that's why I did this post =(. Did Boonex change tinyMCE to get rid of fontsize, color and so on and only limit it to Paragraph?

LOL, I did a quick scan and did not even see that.  I must not be getting enough sleep.

Actually, if you do a search of the forums here for TinyMCE Buttons; TinyMCE Toolbars, etc you will find plenty of information already posted on this.

Quote · 19 Feb 2014

Geekgirl I did those searching and found nothing that's why I did this post =(. Did Boonex change tinyMCE to get rid of fontsize, color and so on and only limit it to Paragraph?

No, I pointed you to the file that will need to be edited.  If you don't know how to edit it yourself, you need to use a programme like Notepad++ or PSPAD, then you may have to ask someone to help you do it.  You can go to tinymce.com to learn how the toolbars work; how to add buttons.  You will need to look at tinymce3 instructions, not four as they changed it with version four.  You can also look at the way the file is set up; or example, single quotes, not double, around the items.  Just add the buttons you want; of course some of the buttons require you add in the tinymce plugin associated with that button.

That is the file that controls the tinymce init.  You will find three of them that are used in different areas.  The forum uses the same one as the blog module.

Quote · 19 Feb 2014

You didn't mention if it was a fresh install, or an update.  If it was an update, try clearing the contents of the cache_public folder first.   Also, your screen shot shows that you have the embed code plugin installed, and that doesn't come standard with Dolphin.  Someone, somewhere altered your TinyMCE.  If it wasn't you, then this is a mystery.  Are you using a third party template?  If so the TinyMCE could have been reconfigured in that templates /scripts/BxTemplEditorTinyMCE.php file.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 19 Feb 2014

You didn't mention if it was a fresh install, or an update.  If it was an update, try clearing the contents of the cache_public folder first.   Also, your screen shot shows that you have the embed code plugin installed, and that doesn't come standard with Dolphin.  Someone, somewhere altered your TinyMCE.  If it wasn't you, then this is a mystery.  Are you using a third party template?  If so the TinyMCE could have been reconfigured in that templates /scripts/BxTemplEditorTinyMCE.php file.

I did not catch that embed plugin.  That means someone had to upload that plugin to the /plugins/tiny_mce/plugins directory and then had to edit the BsBaseEditorTinymce.php file (or as HL stated added it to a template) and added the button for it.  If you had someone to do that for you, I would contact them for assistance.

Quote · 19 Feb 2014

I did a fresh install on a different domain and had the same issue. I attached a pic

I did not catch that embed plugin.  That means someone had to upload that plugin to the /plugins/tiny_mce/plugins directory and then had to edit the BsBaseEditorTinymce.php file (or as HL stated added it to a template) and added the button for it.  If you had someone to do that for you, I would contact them for assistance.

freshinstall.png · 18.8K · 249 views
Quote · 19 Feb 2014

Is that a shot of the forum?  I think you are missing the point; you HAVE TO ADD the buttons you want if they are not included in the tinymce init that ships with Dolphin.  To do that, you will NEED TO EDIT the /templates/base/scripts/BxBaseEditorTinymce.php (or if that has been added to a template, edit the one in the template).

Quote · 19 Feb 2014

so can anybody tell me how to mod my Tinymce to look like  the one on this forum?

Quote · 23 Feb 2014

so can anybody tell me how to mod my Tinymce to look like  the one on this forum?

OK, be more specific.  Is it that you cannot edit the file that is needed to be edited.  I told you the file that needs to be edited and pointed  you to tinymce.com site that explains and shows the button.

Quote · 23 Feb 2014

What he wants is someone to tell him exactly how to do it. He does not want to read and learn about tinymce himself.

Specifically these controls which the tinymce here on boonex has.

That the default dolphin install does not have.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 23 Feb 2014

I wasn't looking for anybody to do it for me. =). I only posted here because  I thought it was a bug or something since the previous edition of Dolphin had it in there. I'll go to the tinymce site and do it myself. Most of the replies I got here didn't really tell me what was going on until the last one from yourself and Geekgirl. Thanks anyway. 

What he wants is someone to tell him exactly how to do it. He does not want to read and learn about tinymce himself.

Specifically these controls which the tinymce here on boonex has.

That the default dolphin install does not have.

Quote · 23 Feb 2014

OK, my apologies; sometimes it is hard to understand the question.

When Boonex released Dolphin 7.1.4, they upgraded TinyMCE and they upgraded and improved the way the TinyMCE init file was done.  It is a much needed improvement over the 7.0.9 and the "Wrong Toolbar Loading" bug was fixed.  They move the init file and created a new one in place of the old config.php (or close to that name).

I cannot just give you my init file because I have modified and added additional init toolbars and it may cause problems on your site.

Here is an example from my init file that shows the full tinymce init.

/**
     * Full view initialization params
     */
    protected static $WIDTH_FULL = '750px';
    protected static $CONF_FULL = "
                        plugins: 'autolink,lists,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,table,advhr,advimage,advlink,embed,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template',
                        width: '100%',
                        height: '320',
                        theme: 'advanced',
                        file_browser_callback : 'tinyBrowser',
                        theme_advanced_buttons1 : 'newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect',
                        theme_advanced_buttons2 : 'cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,code,embed,|,insertdate,inserttime,|,forecolor,backcolor',
                        theme_advanced_buttons3 : 'tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen',
                        theme_advanced_buttons4 : 'insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,spellchecker,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,blockquote,pagebreak,|,insertfile,insertimage',
                        theme_advanced_toolbar_location: 'top',
                        theme_advanced_toolbar_align: 'left',
                        theme_advanced_statusbar_location: 'bottom',
                        theme_advanced_resizing: true,
                        theme_advanced_resize_horizontal: false,
                        theme_advanced_resizing_use_cookie: true,
    ";

The file browser callback is for having a file manager added; one of the modifications I did.

Quote · 23 Feb 2014

This was a nice find for me (a dolphin newbie) as I was able to add these extra items to by editor in 7.1.4.  I'm stumped, however, on one of the instructions I got when I downloaded tinybrowser.  This:

2) Place the following javascript link after the link to TinyMCE (tiny_mce.js):

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/tiny_mce/plugins/tinybrowser/tb_tinymce.js.php"></script>

I would have thought that this needed to go in BxBaseEditorTinyMCE.php, but I didn't see a call to tiny_mce.js in there.  Can you point me in the right direction on this?

Many thanks....

/**
     */
                        plugins: 'autolink,lists,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,table,advhr,advimage,advlink,embed,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template',
                        theme_advanced_buttons1 : 'newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect',
                        theme_advanced_buttons2 : 'cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,code,embed,|,insertdate,inserttime,|,forecolor,backcolor',
                        theme_advanced_buttons3 : 'tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen',
                        theme_advanced_buttons4 : 'insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,spellchecker,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,blockquote,pagebreak,|,insertfile,insertimage',
    ";

The file browser callback is for having a file manager added; one of the modifications I did.

Quote · 22 Oct 2014

OK, go here and read, all of the posts from beginning to end as we had to work out some details.  TinyBrowser, the last time I checked, has not been upgraded to work with TinyMCE4; an email to the developer went unanswered; I don't think he is interesting in upgrading it.  So if/when Boonex upgrades TinyMCE to version 4, TinyBrowser will stop working.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/DeeEmm-s-TinyMCE-Media-Browser.htm

Quote · 22 Oct 2014

OK, go here and read, all of the posts from beginning to end as we had to work out some details.  TinyBrowser, the last time I checked, has not been upgraded to work with TinyMCE4; an email to the developer went unanswered; I don't think he is interesting in upgrading it.  So if/when Boonex upgrades TinyMCE to version 4, TinyBrowser will stop working.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/DeeEmm-s-TinyMCE-Media-Browser.htm

O.K., took a while but got it to work with individual user directories.....as long as I have debug_mode=true in config_tinybrowser.php.  Other than that, works fine.  Appreciate the help.

Quote · 27 Oct 2014

OK, my apologies; sometimes it is hard to understand the question.

When Boonex released Dolphin 7.1.4, they upgraded TinyMCE and they upgraded and improved the way the TinyMCE init file was done.  It is a much needed improvement over the 7.0.9 and the "Wrong Toolbar Loading" bug was fixed.  They move the init file and created a new one in place of the old config.php (or close to that name).

I cannot just give you my init file because I have modified and added additional init toolbars and it may cause problems on your site.

/**
     */
    ";

Thanks ! It did help lot !

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 7 Jun 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.