Upload big video files

Hello,

I am trying to upload large video files on my server using the Ray Video Player facilities offer through your platform. All the settings are made accordingly (post_max_size and upload_max_size in php are set to 1024MB and so the execution time was increased to 3600s, a hour).

Everything is going well, the upload succeds and the file is pending for conversion and after a while I receive an email in the admin account. The content is below:

Database error in <site name>

Query:

SELECT 1 FROM RayMovieFiles WHERE Uri = '<movie name>' LIMIT 1

Mysql error:

MySQL server has gone away

Found error in file <website root>/inc/utils.inc.php

at line 743. Called db_arr function

with erroneous argument #0

Debug backtrace:

Array

(

[1] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/inc/db.inc.php

[line] => 104

[function] => db_res

[args] => Array

(

[0] => SELECT 1 FROM RayMovieFiles WHERE Uri = 'movie name' LIMIT 1

[1] => 1

)

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/inc/utils.inc.php

[line] => 743

[function] => db_arr

[args] => Array

(

[0] => SELECT 1 FROM RayMovieFiles WHERE Uri = 'movie name' LIMIT 1

)

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/inc/utils.inc.php

[line] => 718

[function] => uriCheckUniq

[args] => Array

(

[0] => <movie name>

[1] => RayMovieFiles

[2] => Uri

)

)

[4] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/ray/modules/movie/inc/customFunctions.inc.php

[line] => 13

[function] => uriGenerate

[args] => Array

(

[0] => movie name

[1] => RayMovieFiles

[2] => Uri

[3] => 255

)

)

[5] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/ray/modules/movie/inc/actions.inc.php

[line] => 188

[function] => genUri

[args] => Array

(

[0] => <movie name>

)

)

[6] => Array

(

[file] => <website root>/ray/XML.php

[line] => 42

[args] => Array

(

[0] => <website root>/ray/modules/movie/inc/actions.inc.php

)

[function] => require_once

)

)

Called script: /ray/XML.php

Request parameters:

Array

(

[module] => movie

[action] => initFile

[id] => 1

[_t] => 10750147

[description] => <movie description>

[tags] => <movie tags>

[title] => <movie name>

[memberID] =><member ID>

[memberPassword] => <member password>

)

--

Auto-report system

Can you please tell me what do I need to do in order to be able to upload big video files on my portal?

Thank you,

Emanuel

Quote · 1 Jul 2009

What modifications have you done to this site?  Version of Dolphin & php that you are using please.

Quote · 1 Jul 2009

Dolphin version 6.1.6

PHP 5

No code modification, just tweaks using the option in the ray video module to accept 1024MB files. Also I am using my server for streaming, I am NOT using Ray Base.

I have tried to upload files with both enable and disable the ray pro feature in advanced settings.

This is all...

Thank you for your help!

Quote · 1 Jul 2009

Dolphin version 6.1.6

PHP 5

No code modification, just tweaks using the option in the ray video module to accept 1024MB files. Also I am using my server for streaming, I am NOT using Ray Base.

I have tried to upload files with both enable and disable the ray pro feature in advanced settings.

This is all...

Thank you for your help!

Your problem is within the statement you made above, couple with the solution.  You said you made the tweak within the Ray Module to increase limit to 1024MB files, congratulations on taking that step.  Now, you need to contact your host and open a support ticket to have them increase the upload limits inside the php.ini file. 

Quote · 1 Jul 2009

As I said, the php.ini is configured (post_max and upload_max are set to 1024MB) as I can set this on my own. And I do not get any error on the actual upload, everything works well, the file appears as pending and after a while I receive the above mail with MySQL ERRORs not PHP errors.

Thank you again for your help!

Quote · 2 Jul 2009

looks like you need to increase your sql execution time. your file is too large to server based on the time setting on mysql, that needs to be increased and that may solve the problem.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 2 Jul 2009

Thank you DosDawg,

This just might be it. The problem is that I am using Hostgator Hosting which gives me some configuration possibilities, but cannot find any mysql config files. I just edited the max_execusion_time to 7200s in php.ini but nothing about mysql. Do you have any idea which file should be edited? If I don't have access to it, I will ask the support team.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote · 2 Jul 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.