Why is the forum module looking for /base_en/

I installed the module and when trying to access it I got a :

Warning: require_once(/home/username/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en/params.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/SiteTemplate_en/params.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/username/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en/params.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/SiteTemplate_en/params.php on line 3

Why is it looking for template_en if there isn't that folder?

(there is  the layout/SiteTemplate_en but not the layout/base_en/ )

I uninstalled it, reverted to the original template with no luck

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

If you were running a custom template and the forum was not installed, then you need to switch to the default UNI template, then install the forums. Go into forums to the manage forum link then compile the EN language. Then switch back to your custom template then back to manage forums and compile en language while in your new template. The forums can be a pain. It has to be setup and installed with the default template first before you can add any other templates. base_en is what will be created when the forums language files are compiled.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Thanks Dean, I did not know this; this might save some others grief as well with the forums.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Thanks a lot.

The error disappeared, I can visit the forum link, but once I visit a group where it supposed to have a forum thread created (for each group), in place there is the loading sign going an going.

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

is this for the groups that came with dolphin, or a module created from the default Groups Module. you should have a folder in the modules/boonex/forum/integrations that corresponds to your module. As well as a line in the .htaccess file in the forum folder

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

is this for the groups that came with dolphin, or a module created from the default Groups Module. you should have a folder in the modules/boonex/forum/integrations that corresponds to your module. As well as a line in the .htaccess file in the forum folder

It's the default groups and forum module

Basically I go to pages builder > group view and add the forum feed block

The modules/boonex/forum/.htaccess says:

AddType application/xml .xsl

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^group/(.+)\.htm$   index.php?action=goto&cat_id=$1   [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/(.+)-([0-9]+)\.htm$   index.php?action=goto&forum_id=$1&start=$2    [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/(.+)\.htm$   index.php?action=goto&forum_id=$1&start=0    [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^topic/(.+)\.htm$   index.php?action=goto&topic_id=$1    [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^user/(.+)\.htm$   index.php?action=goto&user=$1         [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^rss/forum/(.+)\.htm$    index.php?action=rss_forum&forum=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^rss/topic/(.+)\.htm$    index.php?action=rss_topic&topic=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^rss/user/(.+)\.htm$     index.php?action=rss_user&user=$1  [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^rss/all\.htm$           index.php?action=rss_all&sort=      [QSA,L]

and I have the integrations folder.

integrations.PNG · 17.8K · 122 views
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

ok, cool - one thing it may be is that those groups were created before you installed the forums properly. I had this happen to me with a custom module. If you add a new Group, does the Forum section for that Group work. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a jquery problem. Not sure though, but try the new group and let's see what happens.

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Were groups created before you uninstalled the forums?

Something you may not be aware of is when you remove a module, all data is removed with it. Thing is you should not have been able to remove the forums without removing the groups as well. So i am not sure of the order in which you did things.

Also. This may be a different issue. To test, there is a forum block for the home page. If it's not on the page, go to the page builders and drag it in. If that also malfunctions, keeps trying to load. Then you have server setup issues such as open base dire restrictions, allow_url_fopen no on,  or other php settings not matching up with dolphins requirements.

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

I'm investigating, but as quick update: I think it is js related somehow, because..

If I have the Enable Cache For JS Files on; the outline items will display vertically no matter what and the bottom user bar will simply disappear.

For the record I haven't touched js files. going nuts here, is like boonex has its own life

(already cleared cache 10 times, cleared browser cache 10 times, cleared browser cache in (Win7) safe mode even, just in case)

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

I'm investigating, but as quick update: I think it is js related somehow, because..

If I have the Enable Cache For JS Files on; the outline items will display vertically no matter what and the bottom user bar will simply disappear.

For the record I haven't touched js files. going nuts here, is like boonex has its own life

(already cleared cache 10 times, cleared browser cache 10 times, cleared browser cache in (Win7) safe mode even, just in case)

Leave JS caching OFF. It does not work on all servers so sometimes you can't use that option. So just leave it off.

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

OK, I'm giving up.

- JS cache is off

- Tried with open_basedir on and off

- with allow_url_fopen on and off

- disabled the server firewall

- debug is on and no errors are seen

I will post a  job to find someone to help me out and make the forum works for once

Quote · 18 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.