api for developers

Is there an api for developers to add apps, similar to Facebook apps? Thanks.

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

I was wondering about this too yesterday????

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

like developer create apps and add to facebook..like that option in dolphin..so any developer can create apps or games and add to our website...i don't think any community script on internet have that...but that would be cool to have one... boonex can provide that if they increase the price of dolphin.. someone need to maintain the update ..because most of the apps on fb they add are used to get password of users...it can take down whole website..

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

You have to write your own. I had a gig that required one so I built one around a couple of the modules. It's not that hard as long as you define your endpoints. My output used JSON. Dolphin also spits out XML, so you should check that out as well. It is tied to the mobile modules. (@AlexT, please correct me if I am wrong on the mobile part.)

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Deano worked on one but I don't see it in the market at this time so he may have pulled it off.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Deano worked on one but I don't see it in the market at this time so he may have pulled it off.

Would happen to know for what endpoints?

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

Would happen to know for what endpoints?

No, I don't.

Quote · 23 Oct 2014

I did have a basic API. But i pulled it.

It was a simple API. not oAuth. Allowed for basic http post requests to check for existing accounts, or create new accounts, and even login for same domain scripts.

It was not selling well, so it was pulled. I plan on a much better oAuth 2.0 API at a later date. Even have plans for a iFrame game canvas very similar to what facebook has. With the two combined, developers would be able to make games for dolphin that would be able to interact with the site such as inviting friends, posting to wall, ect. Basically function and do very much the same as facebook games.

But all new modules are on hold now that i have a normal job. Until things pick back up here, if they ever do. At the current state of things here, i may never get to it. Only time will tell if this site will ever reach the activity level it once had.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 24 Oct 2014

Only time will tell if this site will ever reach the activity level it once had.

A lot of that depends on Andrew Boon.

Quote · 24 Oct 2014

I did have a basic API. But i pulled it.

It was a simple API. not oAuth. Allowed for basic http post requests to check for existing accounts, or create new accounts, and even login for same domain scripts.

It was not selling well, so it was pulled. I plan on a much better oAuth 2.0 API at a later date. Even have plans for a iFrame game canvas very similar to what facebook has. With the two combined, developers would be able to make games for dolphin that would be able to interact with the site such as inviting friends, posting to wall, ect. Basically function and do very much the same as facebook games.

But all new modules are on hold now that i have a normal job. Until things pick back up here, if they ever do. At the current state of things here, i may never get to it. Only time will tell if this site will ever reach the activity level it once had.

this sounds cool..

Quote · 24 Oct 2014

The community looks active and Dolphin is comparable to other leading social networking sites. With more additional mods, plugins, and templates availabilities, Dolphin would definitely cater to a wider audience and allow site owners to create their niche market.

Thank you all for your responses.

Quote · 28 Oct 2014

If there is one thing that I would like BoonEx to do is to provide a REST API for key modules (if not all of them). If module developers can do that with their mods, then it would catapult development to another level.

It isn't difficult to do, it just takes time. This would be one thing that I would love to collaborate with alongside other Dolphin developers. You know who you are. Let me know if you're interested in creating one. It'll be good for developers, for users, and one less thing BoonEx has to do. The only condition is that it would need to be made available for free for public use so others can extend it.

Maybe github it...

...just dreaming here...

Quote · 28 Oct 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.