need some advice

I'm trying to relearn web design and help out my wife with her page. What were trying to do is have 2 different membership types. One will be business and the other for regular members. I want the businesses to be able to post a job for a logo design or something and only the business membership have that ability and the regular membership be able to submit to those postings and be able to browse jobs. I want the business membership to be able to buy those via pay pal or some other means. Im just looking for a little direction on modules or some other means to make this happen. Thanks very much in advance.

Casey

Quote · 19 Apr 2014

You can try Anton's Membership Splitter & Profiles Splitter. They are excellent modules which should assist in what you want to do. They are available in the Market.

Quote · 19 Apr 2014

ok cool, will give those a look. What about the posting jobs on the business member side and viewing and responding to those on the member side? Can i do stuff like that with the events or is there something else in there that I need to look at to do that. Also if anyone has a good spot for tutorials, that would help. Thanks again

Quote · 19 Apr 2014

ok cool, will give those a look. What about the posting jobs on the business member side and viewing and responding to those on the member side? Can i do stuff like that with the events or is there something else in there that I need to look at to do that. Also if anyone has a good spot for tutorials, that would help. Thanks again

The profile splitter module has a premium that is $50.00 more; you can view what the premium offers to see if that is necessary.  The membership splitter is an addition to the profile splitter.  The membership splitter will allow you to set up different memberships for the different profiles.  For example, you can set a membership level for the business member that is not available to the non-business member.   Therefore, you can have a membership level where the person can post jobs that you assign to the business profiles.  Non-business members would not have that permission in their membership level.

If you need help with this you can send me a PM.  I have helped to set up both profile splitter and membership splitter for other projects.  You can also tailor the join form so that the business member answers different questions; fills in different fields, when joining from the regular member.

If you need to search dependent on the profile type, then you want to get the profile splitter premium module.  For example, if someone is going to be searching for a particular business, then the premium module will allow one to search just the business members.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.