stop spammer from using disposable email.

hi..will trident will have feature to detect disposable email address and block them in register page....

Quote · 26 Jan 2015

Exactly how does one go about detecting a disposable email address?  What differentiates a disposable email address and a non-disposable email address?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 26 Jan 2015

Still working on a machine that can predict future, I will let you know if I get any success.

so much to do....
Quote · 26 Jan 2015

will trident will have feature to detect disposable email address and block them in register page....

You can warn users on join page that they have to use working e-mail or the "system" will delete their account....

It's up to you....

"When things get tough the tough get going..."
Quote · 26 Jan 2015

one way is to have a manual update ..where user can submit the domain name of disposable email..bonnex can confirm ..and since trident is going to be auto update ..it will be easy..

these guys are providing similar service..i found in google..

http://www.block-disposable-email.com/cms/

i think boonex should add this feature in trident spam protection..

where user will have option to stop allowing disposable option ..even better if they give up option to make custom list to block certain domains..

Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Dolphin (7.1 and U/Trident) already checks emails via http://stopforumspam.com service, it is enabled by default and free of charge. 

However if you want to submit spammer emails to the common database, then you need to get API key (it's free too) from http://stopforumspam.com site and specify it in Dolphin antispam settings.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Many people don't use their ISP's email address opting instead to use webmail such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.  Just because an email is not from an ISP does not mean the user is automatically a spammer.  Instead of blocking out potential members by forcing them to use an ISP email addy, use other methods to detect if they are spammers.  Don't make your members jump through too many hoops or you want have any members.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 27 Jan 2015

just ban china.... Simples

Quote · 27 Jan 2015

Many people don't use their ISP's email address opting instead to use webmail such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.  Just because an email is not from an ISP does not mean the user is automatically a spammer.  Instead of blocking out potential members by forcing them to use an ISP email addy, use other methods to detect if they are spammers.  Don't make your members jump through too many hoops or you want have any members.

other method like what detect tor connections , multiple login from same ip ..

our dolphin is dump it can't do anything..

Quote · 28 Jan 2015

Logging on from more than one IP does not necessarily mean a spammer either.  I use Anton's Access Management 2.0 to limit countries and to limit the number of attempted log-ons.  I check new members as they join; if they look like spammers, then out they go.  And, this is important, my members help by informing me of anyone posting spam and it gets removed immediately and the member removed.

If you don't have the time to do the monitoring and such there is a mod in the market that will allow you to set an admin with limited access to the backend; so you could give them access to only the members area.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Jan 2015

Logging on from more than one IP does not necessarily mean a spammer either.  I use Anton's Access Management 2.0 to limit countries and to limit the number of attempted log-ons.  I check new members as they join; if they look like spammers, then out they go.  And, this is important, my members help by informing me of anyone posting spam and it gets removed immediately and the member removed.

If you don't have the time to do the monitoring and such there is a mod in the market that will allow you to set an admin with limited access to the backend; so you could give them access to only the members area.

u right banning multiple logging from same ip will not work..trident itself is give multiple profile and org option..

Quote · 29 Jan 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.