video file size

When I try to upload a video from memory, I get this error. "File is too big to fit into memory, please try smaller file"

Is this a file upload issue or a server memory issue?  I have a VPS server, my PHP configuration says resource limit is 512M and upload_max_filesize set at 300M.  The video file I'm uploading is 82mb.

Curious if anyone has come across this issue.

Thanks

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

RE

The video file I'm uploading is 82mb.

In yoursite.com/m/videos/administration/settings there is another amount "limit."

Have you changed this one? It is set at 64MB as default.

video size limit.JPG · 29.8K · 354 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

I changed max file also, no luck

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

I've come across this on low memory systems, especially if the SWAP is small (assuming you're using a linux server, which I hope you are lol). What's probably happening is that your ram and swap are being used up by other processes (such as apache, mysql, etc.) and there's not enough left to store the file you're trying to upload. I'd increase the RAM or at least make the SWAP bigger and see if that has any effect.

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

I thought that may have been the issue, thanks for the feedback. Where do I go to change the swap file?

Quote · 30 Jan 2015

If you have those settings correct, look at your timings. Find out in host tools section.

Like your max execution time, most severs are set at 30, 60. I have mine at 300, 600; so I don't get timeouts.

This is a useful thread, read over it too and check.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Video-upload-failed-Video-error--2014-07-14.htm

timing too low.JPG · 27.2K · 317 views
timing set high.JPG · 24K · 312 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 30 Jan 2015

This error can appear on Android device. Some older Android (especially Android 2.x) phones have very limited hardware, so the only ways are to use more modern device or smaller video file.

I get this error. "File is too big to fit into memory, please try smaller file"

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 2 Feb 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.