Losing Profiles

I'm running 6.1.2 and it appears that I am mysteriously losing profiles. I'm not sure if when my cron deletes temp files if it is deleting profiles as well but I am losing them. The members do not have the ability to delete themselves so that option is eliminated. My database pruning is set to 72000 days on profiles so that option is also eliminated. I do not run fake profiles so I only have 94 currently. Every new profile I get means alot to the site so to see them start getting deleted is killing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote · 17 May 2009

Please add this here: http://www.boonex.com/unity/blog/entry/Dolphin_6_1_6_2009_05_12

my post on this is posz 63, but add a new post as well, Thank you

Diddy is not greedy and has time. Dolphin is cool and its not just mine :-)
Quote · 17 May 2009

I just exprerienced this and lost over 1000 member profiles. Luckily I had a database backup from only a few days ago. Will also post at the link provided.

Quote · 8 Jul 2009

I'm running Dolphin 6.0.0005 and I'm having the same problem! Today I lost 100 profiles. What's happening?

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

RE: I'm running Dolphin 6.0.0005 and I'm having the same problem! Today I lost 100 profiles. What's happening?

That is the automatic pruning of profiles feature of Dolphin in action....  quite a useless feature, if you ask me.  (This is something that should always be done manually)  You can change the setting in admin > Settings > Database pruning > Clean old Profiles by last Login (days).  I'm not sure if entering '0' turns off this feature, so I'd enter some really long numnber like 9999

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Hi!

I believe that it's not the database pruning becouse it is set to 9999 as you said and also the missing profiles are the newest ones... When I recieve the confirmation mail, I go to the admin panel to activate the profile and it's gone. :-/

Any other idea?

That is the automatic pruning of profiles feature of Dolphin in action....  quite a useless feature, if you ask me.  (This is something that should always be done manually)  You can change the setting in admin > Settings > Database pruning > Clean old Profiles by last Login (days).  I'm not sure if entering '0' turns off this feature, so I'd enter some really long numnber like 9999

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

I'm afraid not... hopefully somebody ese will.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Update: Some of the profiles that 1 hour ago where missing, are there now. I don't understand, maybe it's something related with cron?

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Thanks for trying houstonlively :)

While I'm dealing with this I'm also testing D7 betas in my local server, I hope to migrate to it as soon as possible.

I'm afraid not... hopefully somebody ese will.

Quote · 14 Sep 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.