VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS where 4 art thou VIDEOS?

I jumped on the Dolphin bandwagon because they touted themselves to be the script with more features including videos and videohatting, , great support  and most importantly FREE!  What a joke . . . spent more money on hosting services that for one reason or another couldn't solve my video dilemnas. Numerous installations and still at the same point where I started.   I went from not being able to upload videos at all and btw (thank you very much HostForWeb 4 that rude awakening into the hosting world) to videos that upload but look shitty compared to the original, to videos that look great but can't be embedded on other sites, which wasn't free to upgrade and graduate to 7.0.3.  I am tired of the video shortcomings or woes I am experiencing with Dolphin and want to replace the video component with somehing else entirely.  Someone mentioned Vimeo to me but I want to know is it possible to create a separate page block just for videos and use an entirely different video processor/media player than what Dolphin currently uses?   I like a product I found called VideoME by GoDaddy.  That seems like a much more viable option for me rather than to keep going through with the video madness I am experiencing with Dolphin and play Russian Roulette with mod/.  I am not trying to be the next YouTube but I do have a niche market and site which WILL BE VIDEOCENTRIC as opposed blogs, forums or groups, so it is vital that I find a solution to my video problems with Dolphin.  Please help if you're knowledgeable about videos.

Quote · 28 Oct 2010

Honestly, I've worked with Dolphin since Dolphin 5.6 and the video module is one of the strongest in the market.  With the issues you've had, it sounds like it's primarily server configuration.  95% of the time, it's one of the following:

Permissions are wrong

Cron Jobs are Not set up properly (for Dolphin 7+)

Your max upload size is wrong (too low) in your php.ini or in your server configuration

Missing files (Fresh Install Usually helps)

Your settings in your Flash Apps in Dolphin Control Panel

I've started to more toward XML video player integration.  I still used the Dolphin uploader, but there are many better options for presentation.

Quote · 28 Oct 2010

@ naluv4u2, are you not running a D7 version? I see this was posted in the Dolphin 6.1 area, so I was curious.

Im not sure what issue you are having at the moment, but if you could explain more on any errors you are getting we can try to help. I can say that since I have upgraded to D7.0.3, the videos are extremely clearer when uploading a video saved on your computer. Unfortunately to get it that clear, it also take a whole lot longer to process (approx. 1 - 1 1/2 minutes per MB file size).

Video that are embedded, you do not have much control over since they are already formatted before you embed.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 28 Oct 2010

@ naluv4u2, are you not running a D7 version? I see this was posted in the Dolphin 6.1 area, so I was curious.

Im not sure what issue you are having at the moment, but if you could explain more on any errors you are getting we can try to help. I can say that since I have upgraded to D7.0.3, the videos are extremely clearer when uploading a video saved on your computer. Unfortunately to get it that clear, it also take a whole lot longer to process (approx. 1 - 1 1/2 minutes per MB file size).

Video that are embedded, you do not have much control over since they are already formatted before you embed.

Ok let me add some to this...

She's right about the embed features of Dolphin. Try to embed a video from your site to another..

Could someone provide proof of embedding a video from a Dolphin site into a social site i.e. Ning...

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 28 Oct 2010

I jumped on the Dolphin bandwagon because they touted themselves to be the script with more features including videos and videohatting, , great support  and most importantly FREE!  What a joke . . . spent more money on hosting services that for one reason or another couldn't solve my video dilemnas. Numerous installations and still at the same point where I started.   I went from not being able to upload videos at all and btw (thank you very much HostForWeb 4 that rude awakening into the hosting world) to videos that upload but look shitty compared to the original, to videos that look great but can't be embedded on other sites, which wasn't free to upgrade and graduate to 7.0.3.  I am tired of the video shortcomings or woes I am experiencing with Dolphin and want to replace the video component with somehing else entirely.  Someone mentioned Vimeo to me but I want to know is it possible to create a separate page block just for videos and use an entirely different video processor/media player than what Dolphin currently uses?   I like a product I found called VideoME by GoDaddy.  That seems like a much more viable option for me rather than to keep going through with the video madness I am experiencing with Dolphin and play Russian Roulette with mod/.  I am not trying to be the next YouTube but I do have a niche market and site which WILL BE VIDEOCENTRIC as opposed blogs, forums or groups, so it is vital that I find a solution to my video problems with Dolphin.  Please help if you're knowledgeable about videos.

Line breaks, line breaks, line breaks, where for art thou line brakes?

Dolphin 7.0.3 has a much improved video system. The embed code and 'ray' video player do suck for use on other sites, so I use a custom embed code with the added bonus of  in video ads. (pre, mid, post roll and over lays)

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
Quote · 28 Oct 2010

Thank you Newton27 for coming to my defense.  The problem I'm having and have ALWAYS had no matter what host or whatever settings there were is that I CANNOT EMBED videos FROM Dolphin.  I have tested videos out on SEVERAL Dolphin sites and the code generated by Dolphin does NOT work when I try to copy and paste the embed code on other sites.  It is not an issue of filtering as I was able to EASILY copy and embed a video I have uploaded on a Ning site to my Dolphin site in a comment and it WORKS!  The Ning video embed code works in a comment just as I was expecting.  However, when I try to embed a video I uploaded on my site or ANY OTHER Dolphin site (n btw shout out to the very kind site owners who let me upload my videos on their site) the embed code generated does not work on ANY OTHER SITE.  I copy YouTube videos all the time and paste them into comments without any problem.  The ONLY site I have been able to copy and paste the embed code generated by Dolphin successfully is MySpace.  I don't know what more detail is needed to address this problem but I will reiterate I was ABLE TO copy a video I uploaded on a Ning site and paste it into a comment on my Dolphin site and it WORKED without any problems.  However when I copied the same exact video that was uploaded on my Dolphin site, the embed code that was generated I copied and tried to paste it now on MANY diffeent sites, it consistently DOES NOT WORK.  In fact, it DOESN'T EVEN WORK IN COMMENTS ON DOLPHIN SITES.  I WILL BE HAPPY TO PROVIDE A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION if anyone cares to see what REALLY happens.  If not I will provide a typed description.  When I attempt to embed videos uploaded in Dolphin to other sites all I get is a message saying 'PROCESSING" WITH THE DOTS ENCIRCLING.  THE VIDEO NEVER STOPS, IT HANGS IN THIS PROCESSING MODE.  i thought at first I was just not giving it enough time but I have left one processing overnight came back and it still did not progress to a point at which you can actually play it.  I am tired of being made to feel stupid by this forum, I am anything but that.  What I am is frustrated and ignorant about cron settings, maximum upload sizes, missing files and settings in my Flash apps.  I can tell you all that I know my Flash apps have not been reregistered since I upgraded to 7.0.3 and have asked for instructions on doing that.  So far I have not gotten an answer.  I would like to know if I CAN add a separate page block and use VideoME instead of the video player that comes with Dolphin.

EMBED_FAIL_4_JUSTIFY_MY_LOVE.avi · 25.7M · 342 downloads
Quote · 28 Oct 2010

<embed id="ply" data="http://wtd7mirror.lg1x8zmax.simplecdn.net/embed/plv5.1.swf" src="http://wtd7mirror.lg1x8zmax.simplecdn.net/embed/plv5.1.swf" width="480" height="392" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=392&width=480&config=http://worldtribes.net/embed/config.php?id=193%26d%3D00:02:09 "/>

Try that code, hopeful the form doesn't mangle it.

That is a custom embed code and player for one of my clients.

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
Quote · 28 Oct 2010

@ LeatherSportB  The embed script DID NOT WORK either.  Tried it verbatim by copying and pasting your code EXACTLY and then also modified it using a video file on my own site NEITHER WORKED.  Would SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REPLACE THE VIDEO FEATURE ON DOLPHIN WITH VIMEO?   Please leave the sarcasm behind if you're responding to this post.

Quote · 9 Nov 2010

Where are you attempting to use these embed codes?

The code I posted works 100% in wordpress posts.

Quote · 9 Nov 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.