7.3.3 to 7.3.4. Error BxEventsTemplate line 974

Hi All,

I have three Dolphin sites on different websites, all generated the same error message after upgrading from 7.3.3. to 7.3.4.: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxEventsTemplate::filterDateUTC() in /public_html/modules/boonex/events/classes/BxEventsModule.php on line 974

Please advise how to resolve this Error?

Quote · 23 Oct 2017

filterDateUTC method was added long time ago in 7.3.0 version.

So I suspect it maybe that it was removed by some modification or previous incorrect upgrade. You can replace modules/boonex/events/classes/BxEventsTemplate.php file from original package, but it's better to investigate it more carefully by studying your custom modifications.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 24 Oct 2017

Hi Alex :)

I tired replacing the files with the original file from the latest Version, but it did not fix the problem.

As for custom modifications, I haven't made any. 

Someone else has reported the same error message after using the Upgrade of 7.3.3. to 7.3.4., but no one has been able to fix the problem.

I can log into the Dashboard, but I can't access the frontend. Instead I receive this fatal error message :(

Quote · 24 Oct 2017

Could you please provide access to your site - FTP/SFTP, phpMyAdmin (or site cPanel) along with Dolphin admin panel access to investigate this problem ?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 24 Oct 2017

Well, I ended up switching to a new VPS Hosting Provider and all my issues went away!  I was with my other VPS Provider for 5 years, but the last month had too many problems.  The new VPS Hosting Provider has done an amazing job!  If anyone wants to know who I switched to, then send me a Private Message. 

One of my sites, I had to do a fresh install of D7.3.4, but its running great on the new server.

Alex - Thanks for the offer to help Laughing

Quote · 2 Nov 2017

FYI for anyone else having this issue and finding this post.  If you are using an upgraded events module, such as "Premium Events" from Modzzz, the upgrade will break the module and you'll end up with this same error.  Simple fix, after completing all steps of the upgrade, is to re-upload the BxEventsModule.php file that came with the upgraded events package that you purchased.

Another issue I have with every upgrade, as well as most any time work is done via the admin panel, is having to "fix" my language file.  If you make modifications to the language file, everything is lost every time an upgrade is made or certain other configurations are done from the admin panel.  Why can't these upgrades be configured in such a way that ONLY new lines of language code that are absolutely necessary are included in the upgrade files?  Why can't it MERGE this info into the file, rather than completely rewriting it every time.  As it does this, I must constantly go in and manually merge my backup with the newly written language file.  It often becomes a tedious extra step that seems could be very easily avoided with a simple change in the way the upgrades are written. 

If I'm missing something here and there is a different way around this very annoying language file issue, please advise so I can change my practices.

RonV - webmaster @ cruisinstyle.com
Quote · 3 Apr 2018

Same error and message problem here.

https://www.spnwo.com/ssl/dolphx/upgrade  < Which initially gave the same error message .3 .4.

Not able to access administration, login problem, possibly on my end but don't know yet. Have not had problem before. First time have experienced any problem with any upgrade.

Quote · 5 Apr 2018

Do you still need help with it or did you get it sorted ?

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 6 Apr 2018

FYI for anyone else having this issue and finding this post.  If you are using an upgraded events module, such as "Premium Events" from Modzzz, the upgrade will break the module and you'll end up with this same error.  Simple fix, after completing all steps of the upgrade, is to re-upload the BxEventsModule.php file that came with the upgraded events package that you purchased.

Another issue I have with every upgrade, as well as most any time work is done via the admin panel, is having to "fix" my language file.  If you make modifications to the language file, everything is lost every time an upgrade is made or certain other configurations are done from the admin panel.  Why can't these upgrades be configured in such a way that ONLY new lines of language code that are absolutely necessary are included in the upgrade files?  Why can't it MERGE this info into the file, rather than completely rewriting it every time.  As it does this, I must constantly go in and manually merge my backup with the newly written language file.  It often becomes a tedious extra step that seems could be very easily avoided with a simple change in the way the upgrades are written. 

If I'm missing something here and there is a different way around this very annoying language file issue, please advise so I can change my practices.

My guess is your editing yoursite/langs/lang-en.php directly. If so, than that's what your doing wrong. That file is a compiled cache of the language keys and strings in the database. It is never to be edited by hand.

It gets rebuilt every time the languages get recompiled or a module is installed.

The proper way to edit the language keys is from the admin languages section.

I actually suggest to Boonex that a comment should be added to the top of that file when it is generated that the file is not to be manually edited.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 11 Apr 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.