Captcha #1 (AndrewP)

AndrewP "Captcha #1" support thread here

12 May 2011

Can this CAPCHA be added to any page or is it just for Join and profile pages.? It would be excellent if this is a block that can be dragged to any edit or create parts of the site.

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
27 May 2011

Currently - I implemented this only for Join form, But commonly - it possible to implement Anywhere, this is pure captcha. Where you can suggest to add it also?

27 May 2011

Today I have updated Captcha#2 module. Added integrations with forgot page, contact us page, and generally, now this will very easy to integrate this with Any module. Now it fully integrated with dolphin forms.

7 Nov 2011

Products (both captchas) have been updated. Now - more easy installation, better integration, and, I have added one tip how to add captcha protection to blogs module (to form of posting blog posts)

23 Jan 2012

Captcha #1 product was updated for dolphin version 7.0.9

15 Apr 2012

'Logical Captcha' has been updated. It is available for Dolphin 7.1 now.

Pay attention, that in case of version for 7.1 - this is a pure module with own admin panel (to manage with questions). And, it doesn't require any manual changes in dolphin's files now!

23 Nov 2012

thank you for this great modul to stop spam. is it possible to working with more then 1 language or is it possible to have 2 correct answers?

2 Dec 2012

Logical Captcha is not displaying the security questions on my site, please see image. The question area is blank.

Thanks

Logical Captcha

Logical_Captcha.png · 43.3K · 1240 views
31 Jan 2013

Logical Captcha is not displaying the security questions on my site, please see image. The question area is blank.

Thanks

Logical Captcha

Ok, i found the solution for my issue. When the questions are translated to Spanish the Captcha doesn't like the "¿" at the beginning of the question.

1 Feb 2013

Hello alfredkanzler,

Yes, of course, you can use any amount of languages used here (and for questions and for answers). You just should worry about encoding (which should be UTF8).

>is it possible to have 2 correct answers

By default - no, but you can use one trick to achieve it.

Hi Sadel,

I see that you already solved your problem - good. Keep in mind, that if you need to use other languages for works or answers, you will need to turn dolphin's utils.inc.php file into UTF8 (without bom) encoding (for dolphin 7.0.x).

2 Feb 2013

Captcha#1 has been updated for 7.1.x

18 Mar 2013

Our version is 7.0.9

We followed your instructions modifying each file and modifying the database yet the Logical Captcha does not show. The original captcha is still showing.

Is there something we missed? We did not see any module to upload that was compatible to our version so we just followed your installation instructions for our version.

Do we need to edit a setting in the admin panel to get this module to appear on our join.php page?

Thank you

4 Apr 2013

Hello nvdoug, sorry for my late respond, I did not notice your comment.

If you did everything according to the installation manual - the logical captcha should appear.

Anyway, I don't mind to check your installation. You're welcome to contact me PM

19 Apr 2013

I will want to get this and is in my cart for now but waiting for it to be updated for 7.1.1 before i buy it.. Also will this have any affect on deanos anti-spam mod? I already have that one installed..

25 Apr 2013

This product is compatible with 7.1.1. I can't give a certain answer about 'deanos anti-spam mod', because I don't know what it is and how it works exactly. But 'captcha-1' is full (and proper)  'replacement' of the standard captcha.

25 Apr 2013

Ok Thank you.. Will get it now and try it out.. Thanks..

25 Apr 2013

I didn't see a thread for logical captcha.  I installed this about 5 hours ago, and I've had 18 spam bots join since then.  Before I installed logical captcha I was getting that in an entire day.  Did I do something wrong? It seems to be functioning correctly, but doesn't prevent spam bots from joining.

26 Apr 2013

OK, I don't want to deal with these spammers anymore.  I uninstalled the module.  Please let me know if I've done something wrong or if the logical captcha just doesn't work anymore because the bots are too smart.

26 Apr 2013

I also stop using this captcha, i was getting hundreds of bots joining per week.

I managed to create an extra field in the registration form and since then zero bots.

26 Apr 2013

I also stop using this captcha, i was getting hundreds of bots joining per week.

I managed to create an extra field in the registration form and since then zero bots.

Extra field?  Explain please.

26 Apr 2013

This topic thread can be used as a common topic for all custom captchas. Because I think that this is to no purpose to open new threads in case of similar products.

I can recommend to use you own custom questions for this captcha, and, try to avoid math-based questions (especially with basic math operators)

26 Apr 2013

This topic thread can be used as a common topic for all custom captchas. Because I think that this is to no purpose to open new threads in case of similar products.

I can recommend to use you own custom questions for this captcha, and, try to avoid math-based questions (especially with basic math operators)

26 Apr 2013

I bought the logical captcha. It is not ready for 7.1.1? I asked and you said yes it is.. Some of the file edits are not in 7.1.1?

26 Apr 2013

You always can ask me any questions by PM. All my captchas are compatible with 7.0.x and 7.1.x.

In case of 7.0.x - this is a set of modified files. In case of 7.1.x - pure modules (once you install the captcha - it should replace the default captcha to the new one).

26 Apr 2013

So there is no file edits i have to do since i am on 7.1.1?

26 Apr 2013

So there is no file edits i have to do since i am on 7.1.1?

Correct.

26 Apr 2013

Yes, since 7.1.1 they extracted 'captcha system' from hardcoded core. And, since this version it is possible to make custom captchas as pure modules (smart and good solution)

27 Apr 2013

I got it working well thanks to AndrewP.  I had a couple simple logical problems like 2+2=? just told users to spell the number.  That seems to have stopped all bots.

27 Apr 2013

It's been nearly a full day and not a single bot, it works perfect.  Thanks for the help Andrew.

27 Apr 2013

Does anyone know how to run the SQL Query (Step 8) at the end of the install instructions? I am not sure if I have to put the code into one of the file or what??? Can someone assist? I don't see the lcaptcha on my join page and assume the install is not complete. I've done all the other required steps.

15 Jun 2013

Hello, sorry for my delayed answer (vacation), I suppose that you tried install it for your dolphin version 7.0.x, right? Basically, you need to execute this query in phpMyAdmin (this is the easiest way)

16 Jun 2013

I am looking for installation instructions?

The readme did not have any...

Thanks!

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
27 Jun 2013

Update on the instruction. The download provided me by the Digital River gateway, did NOT have the readme.

Once DigitalRiver notified Boonex I had purchased, I was able to download the correct copy which has a different zip name tttcaptcha.zip vs plugin_mod.zip --> from digital river.

Peer

Peer L. Plaut Executive Director, Single Booklovers Connecting Bookworms Since 1970
27 Jun 2013

Dolphin 7.1.3

I get the following message:

-----------------
*     version              : 2.0.0
*     compability          : Dolphin 7.1.0 / Dolphin 7.1.

27 Jun 2013

Hello, you have to download the purchased module (captcha) from boonex.com website (not from swreg website):

http://www.boonex.com/m/captcha-1

SWREG is only a payment provider (the same as Paypal)

27 Jun 2013

There is only a demo package on swreg website. All the products are on boonex.com only.

Once you download the product from this website, unpack it, there is a readme.txt file inside. Open it - there is the installation manual. Follow it.

27 Jun 2013

Andrew-

Attached are the problems I have been having getting this installed.

tictactoe1.png · 59.4K · 515 views
ticktactoe2.png · 104.4K · 532 views
tictactoe3.png · 131K · 531 views
2 Jul 2013

Hi, the 'TicTacToe captcha' module has been updated, right now it is compatible with 7.1.x

20 Jul 2013

Andrew, TY again for a great mod. Unfortunately, I was watching someone on a Apple Ipad trying to join my site and the Captcha would not slide on that device. They needed to go onto a laptop to slide the captcha. Anyone else see this problem?

Vunderba..... Challenge Yourself to be the Best...... Hosting from Zarconia.net
21 Sep 2013

Hi Itsawhiz,

The slider (captcha 1) works on iPhone (4S). I've just tested it. You might need to update your version according to your dolphin version.

22 Sep 2013

Desktop, fantastic!

Mobile, problem!

When double tap on mobile/tablet, it is disabled.

Inferring with pinch to zoom.

When pressing blanks to fill out, keyboard won't come up.

16 Oct 2013

Hi Audanbal,

You purchased the Captcha #1 (slider).

To pass the captcha, you need to slide this slider from left to right, it means, that you should drag and drop this element with your finger. It works with all phones (I've just checked it with my android phone - and I confirm that it works good here).

You don't need to double tap it, you have to slide it.

With regards to zoom, you don't need to zoom. It depends only on your template. If you want to make this well displayed on mobile phones - please use a responsive template.

You also don't need to use your keyboard, you don't need to press blanks. You need to use only your finger or mouse.

19 Oct 2013

1) Double-tap is needed for those with poor eyes.

2) Zoom is inferring, again for those poor eyes.

3) Blank boxes, it's not possible for users to fill in their info before submitting.

4) Slider, I can verify that it does work.

I also checked the original qaptcha's demo and I can fill in the blank boxes.

This has nothing to do with "slider" area. It's inferring the entire page on both join and contact us. You can ask other iOS users to verify. On your demo site, it has the same effect and responsive template is irrelevant. 

When I disable this mod, I can zoom, double-tap, and fill out the blank boxes.

19 Oct 2013

I found the problem, the files in js are outdated. Please update!

19 Oct 2013

I have updated js, and modified. That didn't seem to help. Well, hope you find the fix soon.

19 Oct 2013

The captcha1 was updated to it's latest version, and it was installed on 7.1:

http://www.demozzz.ru/d71/join.php?skin=neo

22 Oct 2013

Now, that I can verify with the new update. It is now mobile-friendly. Thank you for the prompt fix!

22 Oct 2013

I need help to fix that captcha mod no longer work at my site.

captcha error.jpg · 169.2K · 524 views
27 Oct 2013

Hi BoucheTalk,

What captcha exactly did you mention? I suppose that the Captcha #2 (reCaptcha integration). In this case you should know that the reCaptcha is already integrated in Dolphin (since 7.1).

28 Oct 2013
5 Jan 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.