Chat+ configuration

I've upgrade a test site from 7.2 to 7.3 b1 with success.

Now how to configure the new Chat+.

Alex, are there more instructions than what is in the module?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

I have the chat server running on my server but cannot get the two to communicate yet...

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

I was looking at the blog post about the new chat and it states that SSL will be required.  Could that have something to do with the issue you are seeing?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

We can wait till tomorrow. Let the guys have some rest Tongue Out  In the mean while we can play on demo site.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

I noticed that as well. I have SSL enabled.

As usual, they are very vague on "how to."

Or it's another way to get subscriptions.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

Personally I think if you want to use a chat+ you need a separate license. In case of premium members you already have 2. Reason I am saying this cause dolphin connect works between two dolphin websites.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

Chat+ on there demo site is not working for me...  The module loads then asks for login.  Says wrong user and pass when i try to log in. 

Do we need to create another user and pass just to use the new chat ?

Chat+ docs seem to suck a bit if you ask me.  (well windows chat+ docs)...  

I also find it sad that we need to use a 3rd party script for chat as well.  Who's going to support it when they stop developing it ?

Personally I think if you want to use a chat+ you need a separate license.

I have to disagree here.  The license system is already getting out of control in dolphin if you as me.  They used to have separate licenses for all the flash modules back in the day and that was a pain in the ass to keep track of when you have multiple site to look after. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

you need to click on window exit type sign of dolphin connect and give the permission to allow details from main site to chat site.

Chat+ on there demo site is not working for me...  The module loads then asks for login.  Says wrong user and pass when i try to log in. 

Do we need to create another user and pass just to use the new chat ?

Chat+ docs seem to suck a bit if you ask me.  (well windows chat+ docs)...  

I also find it sad that we need to use a 3rd party script for chat as well.  Who's going to support it when they stop developing it ?

I have to disagree here.  The license system is already getting out of control in dolphin if you as me.  They used to have separate licenses for all the flash modules back in the day and that was a pain in the ass to keep track of when you have multiple site to look after. 

Umar Haroon
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

From what I am reading above, am I right in thinking that the new Chat designed is for members from different sites to chat or is it only for your members in your own site to chat?

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

I think if you have multiple dolphin sites you can use one chat for them by using dolphin connect. I might be wrong. Right now guest can chat, but problem is with the username and password login. Either it should not be there or there must be a way to directly join the chat by email address.

From what I am reading above, am I right in thinking that the new Chat designed is for members from different sites to chat or is it only for your members in your own site to chat?

Umar Haroon
Quote · 27 Jan 2016

Who's going to support it when they stop developing it ?

It is released under the MIT license; so if development stops on it Boonex and the community could continue to fix any bug issues.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

Nope, Boonex does not own Chat+, they are simply integrating it into the Dolphin system.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

If it is not already integrated into Dolphin hopefully by release of 7.3 it will be fully integrated.

I need to go read the licensing; I would want to be able to white box the chat.

Quote · 27 Jan 2016

Does white box mean white label?

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Does white box mean white label?

Yes; use to thinking white box when I use to build computer systems.

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

It's for your site members. It uses Dolphin Connect for authentication though, so you should be able to get other members from other sites in your network to join the talk. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

- Instructions are coming later today.

- Login using Dolphin Connect icon to test it.

- No need for separate license. Rocket.Chat itself is MIT-licensed, which is non-viral license, so it can be part of the Dolphin package.

- If Rocket.Chat development stops for any reason, we would pick up and take on it ourselves. MIT license permits this just fine. We took time to select a chat that is "done right", so whatever happens in the future - we will take care of it. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

- Instructions are coming later today.

Thanks, I was able to get mine somewhat running on my server to test. I'm excited about it! Great choice.

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

Here is instructions on how to install ChatPlus Server on Ubuntu with Apache webserver:

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/wiki/ChatPlus-Installation-Instructions-(Ubuntu-with-Apache)

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 28 Jan 2016

It's for your site members. It uses Dolphin Connect for authentication though,

But members logged into the site can just click chat, correct?  I don't want them having to jump through any hoops to chat on the site.

Quote · 28 Jan 2016

But members logged into the site can just click chat, correct?  I don't want them having to jump through any hoops to chat on the site.

I have a test site working for anyone interested in testing.

http://webcamhowto.com/ click on the Chat+ link, you can register without joining the site. If you want to fully test what I have going you will have to create a test account to link the two.

There are some steps to get there, but it looks promising.

Quote · 1 Feb 2016

Also direct link http://50.159.144.178:3000/channel/boonex-members

Quote · 1 Feb 2016

Hi newton27 - I'd be interested in testing with you. I did attempt to sign up, and got a bunch of messages kind of reflecting that you're not ready for members. If you want to drop me a note at gary@chops.com, we can do something soon. I'm following webRTC and have a big interest, as well as owning a Dolphin site - http://autismanimated.com.

Thanks, CHOPS

Quote · 1 Apr 2016

Hi newton27 - I'd be interested in testing with you.

Be happy to help when I return from vacation April 8th.

I have my server running perfect ATM..

Quote · 2 Apr 2016

The Rocket.Chat server was designed as a stand alone chat server with the ability for persons to be able to use login credentials from other "sites". Same thing you see with facebook - when signing up for something, you can use the Facebook connect - which pulls in certain info, and you get that popup asking if you want to allow this site or app to access your facebook info. The Rocket.Chat comes with a few "pre-loaded" configurations such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, GitHub and a few others. With the ability to add custom Connections. The Boonex team has been kind enough to create a "Dolphin Connect" using OAuth to make setting up usage with a Dolphin site a bit easier. As well as creating a page with an iframe of the Rocket.Chat server to embed into your site (by way of a module).

It's for your site members. It uses Dolphin Connect for authentication though, so you should be able to get other members from other sites in your network to join the talk. 

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Apr 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.