Dolphin 7.4.0 Beta

Dolphin 7.4.0 Beta is available for testing.

This is just a test version - NON-UPGRADABLE, DON'T INSTALL ON LIVE SITES.

New in this version:

- PHP7 compatibility

- Minimal PHP version is now 5.4.0

- Export user data

- Bugfixes

Online Demo       Download       Full List of Changes

Please report bug reports in this forum.

export-user-data.png · 33.8K · 1207 views
php7-support.png · 19.5K · 1074 views
minimal-requirements.png · 17.8K · 1231 views
Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 1 Feb 2019

Here we go.....

Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 2 Feb 2019

GREAT NEWS!

Quote · 2 Feb 2019

Do we have a user name and password for the demo site? Not much to see from the outside looking in ;-(

Quote · 5 Feb 2019

Testing it on my WAMP server running PHP 5.5. All is going well, but only doing basic stuff at present.

Quote · 5 Feb 2019

Do we have a user name and password for the demo site? Not much to see from the outside looking in ;-(

Please feel free to register, there is no any confirmations needed. 

Quote · 6 Feb 2019

If a new version of Dolphin is going to be released, could you please change Text Block to Raw Code Block, or just Code Block because it isn't a text block; that was a poor choice of names.  A text block would render everything as text, even if you put code into the block.  This does have a use for say coding sites where you need to put in code and not have it executed or parsed.  The current Text block is a block for entering code without having the pesky TinyMCE editor getting in the way.  So Raw Code Block or just Code Block is a better choice; or if someone has an even better name then list it. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Feb 2019

Is there any plan to add files system, improve media like view upload process download, and jot messenger to make it at par with una. Thanks.

Quote · 7 Feb 2019

What I mean is,

There are plenty of formats that were supported by una right now. Some, files like word, pdf can be viewed directly on click. Some photos, videos GUI on-click.

Earlier, I have contacted some messenger developers for file sharing stuff on dolphin. But, they expressed some limitations with existing dolphin file system to work at par like modern messengers for sharing,etc.

In most business networks, people spend time on chatting with others using messengers. 

I tested jot, it looks fine, quiet easy (whats.pp. like gui) in most aspects. But, I don't know about the realtime performance with plenty of online users on the site.

Thank u for comment.

Quote · 7 Feb 2019

There is already "code block" in dolphin which can be enabled by opening the following URL:
/administration/pageBuilder.php?action_sys=addCodeBlock 

If a new version of Dolphin is going to be released, could you please change Text Block to Raw Code Block, or just Code Block because it isn't a text block

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

There is already "code block" in dolphin which can be enabled by opening the following URL:
/administration/pageBuilder.php?action_sys=addCodeBlock 

If a new version of Dolphin is going to be released, could you please change Text Block to Raw Code Block, or just Code Block because it isn't a text block

I am talking about the name that shows in the Admin.  Boonex may have some brilliant coders but they are bad at naming things. Change the name of TEXT BLOCK in the builders; there, is that clearer?  A TEXT BLOCK would not rendered or parse any code place in the BLOCK; it would present everything as TEXT.  The TEXT BLOCK is actually a non-TinyMCE CODE block.

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

This topic is for testing DolphinPro 7.4 Beta. It is nothing to do with UNA, Jot Messenger or individual statuses of the site members. Please stay on-topic. I’m removing irrelevant talk. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Jot Messenger or individual statuses of the site members. Please stay on-topic. I’m removing irrelevant talk. 

I personally don't have a problem with that. 

@Andrew Boon, Is there any chance you can go through the rest of the forum and also delete every post where you've expounded the virtues of UNA when the question hasn't been asked?

I for one would appreciate it, because this is a forum for Boonex Dolphin.

Thank You.

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Dolphin 7.4 has been released https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphin-7-4-legacy-released

Quote · 11 Feb 2019

Jot Messenger or individual statuses of the site members. Please stay on-topic. I’m removing irrelevant talk. 

I personally don't have a problem with that. 

@Andrew Boon, Is there any chance you can go through the rest of the forum and also delete every post where you've expounded the virtues of UNA when the question hasn't been asked?

I for one would appreciate it, because this is a forum for Boonex Dolphin.

Thank You.

Note that they included legacy in the 7.4 post.  @Andrew Boon and the Boonex Team.  Dolphin is not a legacy platform; you continue to alienate the Dolphin community in any way possible.  Do you really think doing so is going to make us feel all warm and fuzzy about UNA?  What it is doing is driving people completely away from Boonex the company.

Quote · 11 Feb 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.