Dolphin 7.4.2

Dolphin 7.4.2 has been released with urgent bugs fixed.

- SQL injection vulnerability has been fixed (affects only Dolphin 7.4+)

- XMLRPC interface was broken and has been fixed (affects only Dolphin 7.4+)

Upgrade       Download       Online Demo       Full List of Changes

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 18 Apr 2019

Thank you again, AlexT.

https://www.insoler.com/ The first community site supports RAW photo formats !
Quote · 18 Apr 2019

Thank you for fixing this so quickly!

Manny

Quote · 18 Apr 2019

Alex, is there a possibility that you can roll all these upgrades into one and renumber the release, removing the current 7.4.0 and releasing this to just Dolphin 7.4.0 and patch-7.4.0.  To me from a support view this just makes good sense.  There have been two releases with issues that require quick patches.  To me, just cleaning up makes good sense and eliminates confusion that I keep getting asked about.  It also makes good sense from a business perspective as well since you are trying to sell licenses at 2800 USD a pop.  Coming in as a new person and seeing this will make me run away instead of shelling out 2800 dollars.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Apr 2019

Better testing before release, then fixing the bugs and testing again; and making sure that everything is working as should be before testing some more and only then announcing a stable upgrade would make more sense.

I've never had more things break during an upgrade than with this Dolphin software.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 19 Apr 2019

In the stone-age there were volunteers called beta-testers. They were usually offered little gifts for all their hard work. When I was a beta tester, I always got a free copy of the software for my trouble.

Oh how things have changed.

Quote · 19 Apr 2019

Testing is a lot of work.  First have to clone the current live site; that way you have real data, real members, etc.  Then you perform the upgrades and test.  You spend time using the site as a real member would use it.  You invite members willing to help out with testing.  Boonex does not do that.  They release a beta, tell us to test but don't give us the incentive to spend all the time.  Some of us have a real job that requires our time.  As John stated, Boonex does not give any incentives to test.  And by the way, it is the same with UNA; what you see with Dolphin is exactly what one sees over at UNA.

Now Boonex does spend money.  Boonex hires graphic companies to design graphics that you won't see in use.  Maybe they did at the time but not now.  I always thought that Andrew purchased the graphics from companies such as Image Stock.  However, no, they hired companies to develop personal graphics just for Boonex.  Yet, there is no money for testers or even say, a few months of free hosting for those that decide to host with Boonex.  I have already ranted about this before if the posts have not been removed.

I even had Alex suggest I do free work in writing better instructions for Rocket Chat.  He gets paid but I am suppose to work for free.  No, I don't think so.

Quote · 19 Apr 2019

I have already ranted about this before if the posts have not been removed.

I will not rant about your post because nobody pays me for ranting and I can't do this for free. Geek_girl gets paid for ranting but I am suppose to rant for free - no, I don't think so.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 21 Apr 2019

I have already ranted about this before if the posts have not been removed.

I will not rant about your post because nobody pays me for ranting and I can't do this for free. Geek_girl gets paid for ranting but I am suppose to rant for free - no, I don't think so.

I guess I have to report this post to your boss since I don't see a report button.  What I stated was true, you wrote poor instructions and when I pointed out they were confusing, you told me to rewrite them.  You are the one getting paid by Andrew to write code and instructions.

Quote · 28 Apr 2019

By the way AlexT; I give free work to Boonex all the time when I come into the forums and help people.  However, I am not going to do YOUR work for free!  I am not going to test code for Boonex for free; that is YOUR job.

Boonex appears to have plenty of money to hire graphic designers but no money for code testers?

Quote · 28 Apr 2019

I am not going to test code for Boonex for free

That's funny,  you have dolphin installed and use it every day.  Seems like you are doing a fine job testing it.... Keep up the good work!

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 28 Apr 2019

Yes, it is more than annoying that there is no comprehensive manual. 

Why don´t you (the boonex company) and some users the DEMO Version and write directly into the different sections of the modules.

And for topics of the admin section and broader topics like CSS elements you make a BLOG with diifferent postings. That way the software itself would be the manual and could also show off what it is capable of.

Quote · 29 Apr 2019

I am not going to test code for Boonex for free

That's funny,  you have dolphin installed and use it every day.  Seems like you are doing a fine job testing it.... Keep up the good work!

This is a silly statement so I will give it the attention it deserves: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Quote · 29 Apr 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.