Hostforweb issues anyone?

I have been using Hostforweb for quite a few years now and they have been great. 

However lately there have been some major issues and I am wondering if it is a temporary glitch and that they will soon return to their previous good form, or may not?

Is anyone else having troubles?

Quote · 2 Jan 2018

What kind of issues?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 3 Jan 2018

I have a managed dedicated server with hostforweb. The site went down around the 30th December but they did not notice until I noticed it on the 2nd of January and told them myself.

The IP address does not resolve to the URL.

If I ping the site URL  it cannot find the host. If I tracert to the URL it says unable to resolve to the target system name.

They seem to be having trouble fixing this whereas in the past, they have been excellent and fixed every issue with great speed. I have been using Hostforweb for years now.

Something has changed over there. 

Quote · 3 Jan 2018

HostForWeb is in trouble.  Yikes!  They've had issues since around the 24th about the time they announced a forced IP Address change for all their customers.  My sites have stayed up for the most part but getting into WHM and cPanel is iffy.  I looked at their FB page and people are really angry, threatening a class action lawsuit already.

I've been with them about 12yrs and I've only had a handful of relatively minor issues all this time but this one is a big one.  So, backup your database and your files as soon as you can get into WHM to do so!  

Don't want to leave them, I'm loyal to a fault but it 'feels' like they are running on a skeleton crew.  They may be on shaky business open ground?  I don't know that. It could be they just have experienced a catastrophic failure cascade and everyone is working hard to fix it.  Either way, there are a LOT of websites down evidently.

Good luck!

Quote · 3 Jan 2018

I have a managed dedicated server with hostforweb. The site went down around the 30th December but they did not notice until I noticed it on the 2nd of January and told them myself.

The IP address does not resolve to the URL.

If I ping the site URL  it cannot find the host. If I tracert to the URL it says unable to resolve to the target system name.

They seem to be having trouble fixing this whereas in the past, they have been excellent and fixed every issue with great speed. I have been using Hostforweb for years now.

Something has changed over there. 

It sounds like a DNS issue if the domain doesn't resolve to the server. Make sure the name servers are correct and ask them to check the DNS to make sure the domain and server are correctly setup.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues like this, and I hope they resolve it for you soon, if not already.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 3 Jan 2018

We have HFW too.  We were down Christmas weekend for three days while they did the datacenter change.  We were then down another 3 days this past weekend when they did the IP change.

Most people that are still down have not changed their DNS settings.  You have to go into your Cpanel > Zone Editor > Manage and check  to make sure that your new IP is there.  If you wait for HFW support, you're going to wait forever so you might as well do it yourself.

Quote · 4 Jan 2018

Thanks for all the comments.

Finally got it all sorted yesterday afternoon. Turns out it was an IP change, however it would have been nice to know beforehand the were changing the IP address. Custom name servers are now pointing to the new location, and A record changed to new IP.

I had a separate issue with WHM but was really my fault for locking myself out by forgetting the password.

One of the level 1 guys told me they are overwhelmed with 5000+ tickets hence the time lag in getting back to me.

Fingers crossed they catch up and return to their previous good form soon .

Quote · 4 Jan 2018

I am also with HostforWeb and they are failing BIG Time, if i didnt know better i'd say they are bankrupt. There phone have been disconnected today as i tried to call...... My site is up but all my email and other features are DOWN

Starting to worry , i need another provider ASAP

Quote · 9 Jan 2018

Hostfor web seems to back in full operation.... got a  little dicey there for awhile...

Quote · 11 Jan 2018

Yes it did get a little dicey there but all seems better now and they are slowly returning to form.

Quote · 16 Jan 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.