How to deactivate modules but keep them installed

How can modules be deactivated, so that they are not seen as installed for example in the profile or in the add content menu? But  i dont want them to uninstall them? Is there a way? Maybe a setting in the database? Switch from 1 to 0 ?

Quote · 3 Jun 2020

I'm pretty sure this would work, but please test this on a cloned site.

Go to the /modules/modzzz directory (or whatever) and delete the the module.

This will leave the database intact and you should be able to replace the module at a later date. 

Just replace it, don't try to reinstall it.

I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote · 3 Jun 2020

Thanks. I will give it a try someday on a testsite. 

It would be great if every menu had an interface like the navigation bar, where we can switch visibility on and off.

Quote · 3 Jun 2020

I'm not sure what you mean. You can switch most, if not all menu items and sub menu items off by unticking Visibility for Guest/Member. My suggestion was for modules that don't have a menu link such as Modzzz Tools

Quote · 3 Jun 2020

This will cause errors for modules that show on the front end.

I'm pretty sure this would work, but please test this on a cloned site.

Go to the /modules/modzzz directory (or whatever) and delete the the module.

This will leave the database intact and you should be able to replace the module at a later date. 

Just replace it, don't try to reinstall it.

I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 4 Jun 2020

You have to use the page builder and the menu builder in the admin section to deactivate the menu links and page blocks.

Thanks. I will give it a try someday on a testsite. 

It would be great if every menu had an interface like the navigation bar, where we can switch visibility on and off.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 4 Jun 2020

Sie müssen den Seitenersteller und den Administratorersteller im Admin-Bereich verwenden, um die Menü-Links und Seitenblöcke zu aktivierenieren.

Vielen Dank. Ich werde es eines Tages auf einer Testseite versuchen versuchen. 

Es ist wichtig, wenn jedes Jahr eine andere wie die Navigationsleiste gehört, in der wir die Sichtbarkeit ein- und ausschalten können.

yes that must also be done

it is best to copy the module in another folder.

So that any changes to the module, such as languages, are retained.

So you can restore the origin.

With my Dolphin it works

Quote · 4 Jun 2020

Hello all!

This is not a good idea to delete the module folder because if it contains the blocks on some pages it will cause different errors. So it's better to hide / disable the unnecessary menu points and blocks. The activation / deactivation of modules has been applied in UNA only.

Quote · 5 Jun 2020

Hi Leonid,

If a module is deactivated, the blocks are automatically deactivated / deleted.

so first deactivate the module.

then the module can be moved to another folder.

third party modules work like this

Quote · 6 Jun 2020

Well, I don't think that this way is good for the topic-starter.

Quote · 8 Jun 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.