Navigation Menus

This is strange.  I go and edit my Navigation Menus.  Can move everything around and can edit MOST of the menus.  But there are some that when I go to save a change, it does the twirl of death where it won't save.  Example would be the chat group.

Why would same save, and others won't?

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

Quote · 18 Nov 2009

Can you tell me exactly which block you are trying to edit and how?

btw, some are system blocks and cannot be edited.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 18 Nov 2009

Like the example I gave.  The chat group. Not the group nor the submenus.

Quote · 18 Nov 2009

What do you mean the swirl of death?

Also are you trying to eit a purplish or green block and not the red blocks.  The red blocks are system blocks adn it won't let you edit them.

Quote · 18 Nov 2009

You get a never ending twirl.  And chat boxes are not red.

Quote · 18 Nov 2009

I have the same problem mate in navigation menu , nothing fixed yet !

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 18 Nov 2009

the issue is that you are running into Possible Attack errors.  Check your inbox, you should see multiple PA emails.  To resolve the problem follow these instructions.

Per AlexT:

New fix: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/changeset/13259

After this fix please clean /cache/ directory and reinstall one of these modules:

ads
articles
blog
events
feedback
files
forum
groups
news photos
poll
sites
sounds
store
videos

Two new security options were added in Administration -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Other. Now you can control when to just send mail about possible attack and when to stop aggressor. There is an impact number, if impact is high(> 25) then security risk is high too.

Quote · 19 Nov 2009

Thanks for the info, but this did not worked out for me. At the moment it comes to reinstall one of the modules, the system did not accept the install order. Is there a correct and save way to ad the sql file manual to the system?

Quote · 19 Nov 2009

Nope... didn't work for me either.

Quote · 19 Nov 2009

Thanks for the info, but this did not worked out for me. At the moment it comes to reinstall one of the modules, the system did not accept the install order. Is there a correct and save way to ad the sql file manual to the system?

Yes, you just need to run the following two queries:

INSERT INTO `sys_options` VALUES('sys_security_impact_threshold_log', '9', 3, 'Total security impact threshold to send report', 'digit', '', '', 0, '');

INSERT INTO `sys_options` VALUES('sys_security_impact_threshold_block', '27', 3, 'Total security impact threshold to send report and block aggressor', 'digit', '', '', 0, '');

Also you do not need to reinstall all of the modules, just one of them.

make sure you check the setting on the new parameters in the admin screen to set the threshold high.

Quote · 19 Nov 2009

Thank you. I understand just to add one module new. I successful run the two sql queries and that worked!

One Question, the preset values are: 9 and 27    - can you explain that values please a bit more? Are that seconds or number of attacks or what means that exactly for each one?

Total security impact threshold to send report: 9
error
Total security impact threshold to send report and block aggressor: 27
Quote · 19 Nov 2009

Thanks Chris for the pointing us to the revi 44 and 45 i did miss them too lol , they did fix for me the navi menu now i can save properly .

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 19 Nov 2009

I am wondering why I can not set the nav menu so only members can see it. I want my homepage to be almost blank for guests.  when trying to edit some I get the twirl of death. there has to be a way to change that feature.

Please help

Quote · 9 Dec 2009

I'm sorry because this thread is old but I'm having the same prblem with Dolphin 7.1.3 right now. The Navigation Menu just won't save some of the tabs even though they are blue color, not red (system tabs). If you have a solution for this, please advise!

Regards,

Quote · 11 Jun 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.