Problem with install

I'm trying to install Dolphin.Pro 7.3.5 and when going to install/index.php I get this error: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home/sitename/public_html/install/index.php:56 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/sitename/public_html/install/index.php on line 56 

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

I was finally able to get the install page up but, now have an error when on the database tab during install. I have double checked and everything is correct. MySQL error: Access denied for user ' user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

Are you trying to install this on a WAMP server on your home computer?

Did you get this message on the second or third page of your attempted install, or after the install was completed?

If during install, it sounds like you're NOT using the correct  MYSQL user name and password.

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

It's being installed on a hosting server. I got the message on the config tab for database during install. The MYSQL user name and password has to be correct cause I've even changed it in the database and tried again. It's frustrating. 

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

It could be something to do with the server, but I haven't struck problems in the recent past. It can happen when the database is on a separate server, but it's unusual these days.

You may need to check that you actually use localhost as the server name. I'm a bit concerned when you say you changed it in the database. I don't use xPanel or Plesk so I'm only guessing here. Firstly you create a database in the panel, then create a user name and password, then link it to the database.

I would suggest that you delete the database and create a new one using the above steps. The username isn't case sensitive, but the password is.

Setting up a Dolphin site isn't easy, so you may strike a few other problems as well. I'm preparing a tutorial but I have no idea when it will be completed.

I could install it for you if you PM'd me your cPanel details.

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

I'm installing on a vps which may have to do with some settings since I had to change back a php version for the install page to show up. Maybe some SQL database settings need changed on the server in whm? 

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

7.3.5 only runs on PHP 5.5. Anything later will cause issues. They're working on a PHP 7 version now.

VPS won't cause hassles, but you need to ensure that your PHP.ini file is correct.

Quote · 13 Jan 2019

If you are installing on a VPS, then localhost is likely connection for mySQL.  The error message  you are getting is that either the user or the password or both are incorrect for the database  you are trying to connect to.  Full stop.  Did you set up the VPS or was it set up from an image by the hosting company?  What is the OS; CentOS I hope?  Are you running a control panel?  If so, which one?  I could probably help get you going although I am a bit busy at the moment.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 14 Jan 2019

What would need to be changed in order to get the database to connect? The VPS was a new setup not sure if it was from an image or not. The OS is Centos. The Cpanel is version 76.0

Quote · 14 Jan 2019

What would need to be changed in order to get the database to connect? The VPS was a new setup not sure if it was from an image or not. The OS is Centos. The Cpanel is version 76.0

OK, if you are running cpanel it will usual prefix something to the front of the database name; that might be the issue.  cPanel is designed to be a multi user control panel it is often riding on top of WHM.  It is designed so that multiple domains; each with its own user, are on the same server.

You might create a database with the name Dolphin with Dolphinuser as the user and dolphinpass as the password.  The actual database name might be domain_Dolphin and the user might me domain_Dolphinuser.

Without seeing your server all I can tell you is that you are not using the correct database name and/or user.

Quote · 14 Jan 2019

Note: the reason that cPanel will prefix the database name is that you might have two independent user (say in a shared hosting arrangement)  Each one of those independent user might want to create a database with the name Dolphin.  Now of course this can't be done.  So that each independent user on the server can add a database with the name Dolphin, it adds a prefix to the database name so they are now different database names.  So check to make sure you are actually using the correct database name.  And of course password.

Quote · 14 Jan 2019

I finally got it installed but, instead of using chrome like I was doing I switched to firefox and it worked. But, now I have another problem. When I enter my license the page just refreshes and seems to not be taking it. It's not updating.

Quote · 15 Jan 2019

It seems the more I go along setting up the more problems I encounter. I did all of this 2 years ago until my site got hacked and lost everything. I don't remember having all these problems. The license fixed itself after 2 hours of being entered. Now I have problems with the modules. The default boonex ones are not working. Everyone I click gives a not found page.

Quote · 15 Jan 2019

Hello jqc21!

"Not found page" for the modules means that your server hasn't the installed modrewrite module. You need to install / enable it.

Quote · 16 Jan 2019

OK, your VPS just needs to be configured properly.  Since you are running your own server, you can make any changes necessary.  If you need help with making sure you have the proper versions of php; I suggest 5.6 over the 5.5 version, the proper extensions, configuration, replacing mySQL with MariaDB (improves database performance since Oracle is not actively working to improve mySQL), etc then send me a PM and I can take a look; I do have to charge for my time.

Quote · 16 Jan 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.