Referral Contest Mod Support (Modzzz) - part 2

Quote · 22 May 2019

Wow, you finally decided to answer after a month. It's a miracle. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

4. Gender is hard-coded in the module. You will have to get it customized to behave otherwise.

About #4, as said: In admin > Predefined Values > Sex, There is: 'Male' and 'Female' and I've also added new values: 'Business', 'Organization' and 'Institution' then I renamed (re-labeled) this Sex field to 'Gender/Type'.

How to allow profiles with Sex ('Gender/Type') field set to : 'Business', 'Organization' or 'Institution' to enter/participate to the referral contest?

Right now I think that they won't be able to participate because the module was hardcoded to only work with the sex field values: 'Male' and 'Female', right?

So which lines in the code should I change to get profiles with theses Sex ('Gender/Type') values to participate to the contest too? Please help.

If it so complicated to achieve, how much will you charge me for the customization?

Thanks in advance. Hope to read from you soon.

Quote · 22 May 2019

Dear Jerome,

It has been 4 or 5 months now since I wrote you above about my issue. Would you mind answering or helping?

As said: In admin > Predefined Values > Sex, There is: 'Male' and 'Female' and I've also added new values: 'Business', 'Organization' and 'Institution' then I renamed (re-labeled) this Sex field to 'Gender/Type'.

How to allow profiles with Sex ('Gender/Type') field which I set to : 'Business', 'Organization' or 'Institution' to enter/participate to the referral contest?

Right now I think that they won't be able to participate because the module was hardcoded to only work with the sex field values: 'Male' and 'Female', right?

So which lines in the code should I change to get profiles with theses Sex ('Gender/Type') values ('Business', 'Organization' or 'Institution') to participate to the contest too?

Now the problem is in the Contest Edit/settings, these new values are not reflecting there. We only have these options:

Allow Males: Yes/No

Allow Females: Yes/No

Allow Couples: Yes/No

I would also like these new values to show there:

Allow Business: Yes/No

Allow Oganization: Yes/No

Allow Institution: Yes/No

It will allow members who selected Business, Organization or Institution as their 'Gender/Type' to participate to a Constest.

How to get this new Sex Field Values to show in the Contest Edit/Settings?

Please help.

Quote · 11 Sep 2019

@DigitZup - The module would have to be customized to facilitate the additional sex values as at the time it was developed, it was hardcoded to use male and female. This is not simply a change in one file, it would need some amount of reworking.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 11 Sep 2019

Ok Thanks. I have sent you a PM for the quote request.

Quote · 11 Sep 2019

Hi Modzz

I do not know about you at the moment. I have already sent you some messages but have not heard anything from you.

But maybe you have time to react.

I can not award prizes at the Refferal Contest, as I can at the points contest.

Here only points are accepted as prices. But no prizes from the reward module.

I have already reinstalled everything and also set the folders to 777.

but it remains that I can not award other prizes except as points.

Quote · 16 Oct 2019

@Amandus - Rewards module is integrated with Referrals module but not with Referral Contest module.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 19 Nov 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.