Zarconia still broken

Zarconia Hosting, which prior to its acquisition by BoonEx offered exceptional hosting service, has become so exceedingly frustrating, it should question its commitment to its paying customers. After experiencing problems in the past with extremely slow support, it has become so unresponsive it could be considered non-existent,

After being unable to access Control Panel and Webmail using domain based URLs at ports 2083 and 2096, respectively, and opening a ticket nearly six weeks ago(!), now Control Panel and Webmail can't be accessed either through IP-based URLs for these services, or through Zarconia Client Area. It's been nearly three weeks since anyone from Zarconia has responded to my multiple requests for support.

Being unable to access these services, or having Zarconia respond in a timely manner is a complete breach of customer trust.

What will it take to fix Zarconia which has become so broken, repeated promises will do nothing to restore trust? Does Zarconia realize that hosting requires on-going, daily support?

A year after Boonex took over Zarconia, it's difficult to believe these types of problems continue. Either they don't care or are simply incapable of running a hosting business.

Shameful, either way.

Quote · 28 Sep 2019

Boonex is based in Australia and comes under Australian law. If Zarconia is now part of Boonex, it would be subject to the same laws.

Write to the ACCC and lodge a complaint. Let Boonex know you're doing it and things may turn out differently.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-protection

Alternatively, find another hosting service. If price is important and you have sufficient skills, DigitalOcean VPS at around $10 month is a good start. Or if you need a helping hand, expect to pay more and consider someone like Geek_Girl. 

Quote · 28 Sep 2019

Any input about TMD Hosting which is listed as a Recommended 3rd Party Host under the Hosting menu item?

https://www.tmdhosting.com/dolphin-hosting.html

Quote · 28 Sep 2019

Boonex may have stopped paying the cPanel fees.  I am currently helping a Boonex/Zarconia customer to move to a server that I will manage.  When he tried to access his cPanel, he is told that his subscription had expired.  After the move, I suggest he file for a refund for the fees he was paying for cPanel; which he told me was $40.00.  I only charge the fee charged to me for cPanel which is $30.00.

I can offer Plesk Web Admin panel for free but I really suggest people learn Virtualmin as it uses less resources and is less entangled into the server.

If you are interested in my services, send me a PM.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 28 Sep 2019

Thanks for the offer. My initial problem six weeks ago was receiving a security warning trying to access cPanel via IP address https://209.126.122.108:2083 (see first attached image). Things seemed to be OK after adding a browser exception, though attempting access through my domain name resulted in redirection timeouts.

Last night, accessing Webmail through the Zarconia Client Area at least resulted in the second attached image which definitely appears to be a cPanel license issue.

Now, attempting to access any of the services from within the Zarconia Client Area now results in the following:

Action Failed Unable to auto-login. Please contact support

Accessing any services through the above mentioned IP, or even trying to telnet to it results in connection time outs/failures, respectively.

Makes you wonder what's going on.

Quote · 28 Sep 2019

The first message about security risk you will always get because most web hosts will use a self signed certificate for ssl for the control panel.  It is not a concern.  The second one about the license is bad.  Without it you won't be able to log into your control panel.  It appears that someone at Boonex that is taking care of the cPanel licenses are not doing their job.  Boonex has some 'splainin' to do.  They will also be having to do some refunds for charging customers for the license yet not sending it forward and some possible legal action against them.

So I see two people now that don't have their cPanel license.

Quote · 1 Oct 2019

Finally got a response after all this time saying:

Please address this problem to your Internet provider.
There are no issues on the Zarconia side.

Good to see Zarconia spent time troubleshooting over the last three weeks to identify and resolve these issues.

Quote · 1 Oct 2019

Good to see Zarconia spent time troubleshooting over the last three weeks to identify and resolve these issues.

Are you saying that the reply you got about addressing the issue to your ISP is from Zarconia?  This has nothing to do with your ISP.

Quote · 1 Oct 2019

When I go to the address you provided, I see the cPanel login but of course that is as far as I can go.  If you want to send me a PM on this I can look into it a bit more.

Quote · 1 Oct 2019

Are you saying that the reply you got about addressing the issue to your ISP is from Zarconia?  This has nothing to do with your ISP.

Yes. Clearly it's not my ISP.

Quote · 2 Oct 2019

When I go to the address you provided, I see the cPanel login but of course that is as far as I can go.  If you want to send me a PM on this I can look into it a bit more.

After sending Zarconia a scathing email pointing out all the reasons why these issues aren't caused by my ISP, everything magically became accessible again, including the IP-based URL that was timing out at the time of my original post.

Suffice to say, when my paid term expires, my time using Zarconia hosting will be over.

Thanks for your help!

Quote · 2 Oct 2019

Suffice to say, when my paid term expires, my time using Zarconia hosting will be over.

Let me know, I will be happy to set you up with a VPS or Dedicated and migrate your sites.

Quote · 2 Oct 2019

Hello Hellenic Professional .

Sorry, the latest problem you mentioned was caused by a cPanel license problem.
It should be fixed now.

The problem why you could not access cPanel by domain name was not related to this recent problem.

Quote · 2 Oct 2019

It should be fixed now.

The problem why you could not access cPanel by domain name was not related to this recent problem.

So I'm not the only one with the cPanel license problem? 

Sorry, but this is just awful service at this point. I'm paying for that monthly, the license should be renewed each time. I don't go into that area often, I have been paying for it just in case I ever need to use it. So I don't even know how long this has been happening. 6 weeks is basically a month and a half, so my cPanel has possibly been down since August?  :( 

Quote · 4 Oct 2019

It should be fixed now.

So I'm not the only one with the cPanel license problem? 

Sorry, but this is just awful service at this point. I'm paying for that monthly, the license should be renewed each time. I don't go into that area often, I have been paying for it just in case I ever need to use it. So I don't even know how long this has been happening. 6 weeks is basically a month and a half, so my cPanel has possibly been down since August?  :( 

They owe you a refund for all months where the license was not applied to the account and cPanel refused to allow you in.  Now of course Boonex is not going to volunteer to just refund you; you will have to ask.  They may offer to apply it to your hosting fees, that is up to you if you want to stay with Boonex or not.

Quote · 7 Oct 2019

Any input about TMD Hosting which is listed as a Recommended 3rd Party Host under the Hosting menu item?

https://www.tmdhosting.com/dolphin-hosting.html

I had tmd hosting, they are OK but thats it. i left because I wanted a faster server for the price i was paying. 

Quote · 13 Oct 2019

FYI - you should know Zarconia servers are hosted with server4you.com which is one of the worst hosting company on the market located somewhere in LaLa Land in Europe.. This company is very cheap, I am sure Zarconia approached them so they can make a buck quickly and as result there are consequences to pay.. GREED will lead you to nowhere, but HONESTY & INTEGRITY are the key to success..

Just look what happened to Boeing Max. The world has finally woke up & realized how GREEDY Boeing has been, but now they are paying a big price. Unfortunately, innocent people died because of GREED trying to rush a product quickly out the door w/o going thru a thorough QA.. What goes around, does come around..  Very sad..

Quote · 18 Oct 2019

FYI - you should know Zarconia servers are hosted with server4you.com which is one of the worst hosting company on the market located somewhere in LaLa Land in Europe.. This company is very cheap, I am sure Zarconia approached them so they can make a buck quickly and as result there are consequences to pay.. GREED will lead you to nowhere, but HONESTY & INTEGRITY are the key to success..

Just look what happened to Boeing Max. The world has finally woke up & realized how GREEDY Boeing has been, but now they are paying a big price. Unfortunately, innocent people died because of GREED trying to rush a product quickly out the door w/o going thru a thorough QA.. What goes around, does come around..  Very sad..

Actually, Zarconia was using the sister company, Server Loft.  They had servers both in Europe as well as in the USA.  Both companies are now owned by GoDaddy.

Quote · 18 Oct 2019

I've been trying to sign in to Zarconia to pay my subscription, but cannot get past:

Error              522              Ray ID: 529674f20b3882ad • 2019-10-21 21:52:38 UTC            

Connection timed out

Whazzup guys?!?

Capture.JPG · 94.7K · 244 views
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 21 Oct 2019

FYI - you should know Zarconia servers are hosted with server4you.com which is one of the worst hosting company on the market located somewhere in LaLa Land in Europe.. This company is very cheap, I am sure Zarconia approached them so they can make a buck quickly and as result there are consequences to pay.

Actually, Zarconia was using the sister company, Server Loft.  They had servers both in Europe as well as in the USA.  Both companies are now owned by GoDaddy.

Was Zarconia using the same hosting provider before BoonEx acquired them, or did they switch after the acquisition?

Usually avoid GoDaddy if at all possible.

Quote · 27 Oct 2019

I've been trying to sign in to Zarconia to pay my subscription, but cannot get past:

Error              522              Ray ID: 529674f20b3882ad • 2019-10-21 21:52:38 UTC            

Connection timed out

Whazzup guys?!?

They were down for a short period of time but are back up now.

Quote · 27 Oct 2019

Was Zarconia using the same hosting provider before BoonEx acquired them, or did they switch after the acquisition?

Usually avoid GoDaddy if at all possible.

I don't know if Boonex switched server providers after the acquisition or not.

Quote · 27 Oct 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.