add column to wall/timeline page

I am trying to add a column to my wall/timeline page but it only adds full width columns no slider to adjust. i wanted to make that page 3 columns so i can add blocks like Account to be similar to facebook. which will be another issue .

is that page fixed length will it need to be edited at file level first to allow page builder to add column

thanks in advance

Quote · 15 Oct 2017

Try to change page width and/or add/remove some columns, it would probably fix this problem.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 16 Oct 2017

I tried changing page width adding colums/blocks etc. it still will only add full width columns

Quote · 16 Oct 2017

And it would have been better to call it; add row instead of full width column; but that is just me.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 17 Oct 2017

I agree should be called row not a column, it is very misleading when it says that and still cant get it to work. I have that issue with ilbellodelweb  3col style facebook ajax mod and  if i dont here back from him by tomorrow i will file dispute as this mod is only 1 columun with blocks not 3 columns, can take money and send codes within 24hrs but cannot reply to questions/support for his mods going into 3 days now

Quote · 17 Oct 2017

still no luck i tried it with uni template/alt template etc. still wont add anything but full length rows (columns as boonex calls them Undecided ) Nobody else have this issue ? I will download a fresh 7.3.3 tonight when get home and see if same happens

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

still no luck i tried it with uni template/alt template etc. still wont add anything but full length rows (columns as boonex calls them Undecided ) Nobody else have this issue ? I will download a fresh 7.3.3 tonight when get home and see if same happens

Have you tried it at demo.boonex.com?

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

Doh thanks geek_girl  i forgot all about the demo lol,

Just tried it at demo.boonex.com  and it will only let you ad full length rows :) (columns) 

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

is this considered a bug Should i post this in bug section ? as the same issue i am having i can also reproduce on your demo site

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

got it i had to add 4 columns before they would go side by side add my blocks then delete the full width rows a pain in butt - but ok now

Quote · 20 Oct 2017

Thank you for the report:

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/606

Quote · 24 Oct 2017

I can't reproduce the issue.

Quote · 22 Mar 2018

Problem solved!

Firstly, Column is the correct word. Newspapers and magazines have several vertical columns to make text easier to read. The word row isn't used by printers when referring to text. it's simply lines.

Spreadsheets have vertical columns numbered 1 - 50 across the page and horizontal rows numbered A - Z down the page. (or is it the other way around?) The word row is used in this instance because the columns in each row may contain several lines of data. Thus we can refer to lines or rows whenever necessary.

The Answer:

Page Builder won't allow you to add an additional column to a full column. To create columns with adjustable widths, you must use the Add Column button.

To overcome this quirk, simply do this. It takes ten seconds:

Create a new column it will appear under the full column containing Timeline.

Create a second column. This new column will appear alongside the previous column you created. Thus you now have two columns. Add a third if you wish.

Drag the Timeline block(s) into any of your new columns. Adjust their size.

Delete the original full width column and the job is done!

To sum it up, full columns are a fixed width determined by the top slider. Ordinary columns are fully adjustable by moving the slider immediately below them.

Quote · 22 Mar 2018

Firstly, Column is the correct word. Newspapers and magazines have several vertical columns to make text easier to read. The word row isn't used by printers when referring to text. it's simply lines.

However, this is not newspapers or magazines and in newspapers a column refers to a column of text.  We can call it what we want; and besides, new terms do get added.  I have been in web design for a long time and we use to talk about dynamic layouts until some arse wipe called it responsive and no one said; "Are you stupid?"

How about Banner; and that is a term used in newspapers.

Quote · 22 Mar 2018

My vote "Container". That's what it is.

They used to be called Tables in the HTML days, but a table is now a container for database fields.

Quote · 24 Mar 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.