m4v video not playing keeps loading

m4v file format will not play! is that common issue or what?

any help is welcome.. thank u

Quote · 15 Sep 2013

The M4V file format is a video file format developed by Apple and is very similar to the MP4 format. But M4V files may optionally be protected by DRM copy protection.

Apple uses M4V encode video files, such as TV episodes, movies, and music videos, in its iTunes Store. The copyright of M4V files may be protected by using Apple's FairPlay DRM copy protection. To play a protected M4V file, the computer needs to be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase the video. However, unprotected M4V files without AC3 audio may be recognized and played by other video players by changing the file extension from ".m4v" to ".mp4". Under QuickTime, M4V video with FairPlay attached to it is identified as AVC0 Media.

Besides Apple iTunes and the Apple QuickTime Player, M4V files can also be opened and played with Media Player Classic, K-Multimedia Player, RealPlayer, Zoom Player, VLC media player, MPlayer, DivX Plus Player, and Nero Showtime (included with Nero Multimedia Suite). The format, with DRM removed, can also be played in the webOS Video Player for use on the Palm Pre, Palm Pixi smartphones. It is also playable by the Android operating system with its video player. It is used as the default video conversion format for HandBrake and Air Video Server on the Macintosh.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Sep 2013

m4v file format will not play! is that common issue or what?

any help is welcome.. thank u

I've attached an MV4 video which I have uploaded to my site and it plays the file perfectly fine.

CatOnCrack.m4v · 1.8M · 289 downloads
Quote · 16 Sep 2013

geez GG, so many references, you my girl.. 

The M4V file format is a video file format developed by Apple and is very similar to the MP4 format. But M4V files may optionally be protected by DRM copy protection.

Apple uses M4V encode video files, such as TV episodes, movies, and music videos, in its iTunes Store. The copyright of M4V files may be protected by using Apple's FairPlay DRM copy protection. To play a protected M4V file, the computer needs to be authorized (using iTunes) with the account that was used to purchase the video. However, unprotected M4V files without AC3 audio may be recognized and played by other video players by changing the file extension from ".m4v" to ".mp4". Under QuickTime, M4V video with FairPlay attached to it is identified as AVC0 Media.

Besides Apple iTunes and the Apple QuickTime Player, M4V files can also be opened and played with Media Player Classic, K-Multimedia Player, RealPlayer, Zoom Player, VLC media player, MPlayer, DivX Plus Player, and Nero Showtime (included with Nero Multimedia Suite). The format, with DRM removed, can also be played in the webOS Video Player for use on the Palm Pre, Palm Pixi smartphones. It is also playable by the Android operating system with its video player. It is used as the default video conversion format for HandBrake and Air Video Server on the Macintosh.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Sep 2013

I guess a question would be - are you running a Mac, Ipad, or iphone using the Safari browser or are you on a windows PC. If so, what browser?

I bring this up, because my boss had an issue where the videos were not playing on an ipad using the safari browser. And I had perfectly running videos using a windows pc with safari.

caredesign.net
Quote · 16 Sep 2013

Thanks for the replies... i run win pc and tested it with IE, Opera, FF, Chrome

All gave me access denied or when goto view video page it keeps on loading the vidoe but nothing happends.

I use custom template by Giovanni_m could that be part of the problem.

a tester of my site uploaded a private file from a mac.

Quote · 16 Sep 2013

We need a bit more information....

Is the problem only with one video?

OR

Is this a problem you seem to have with ALL .m4v files?

The reason I attached a .m4v file for you is so that you can test with a .m4v file which works fine on another site, and to see if it also works fine on your site.

Quote · 16 Sep 2013

Quote · 16 Sep 2013

Template works perfectly fine and has nothing to do with a problem of m4v file format that will not play.. i give you an advice for the future, when you have a problem that you think might be due to template, you try to test the problem on your site with the default dolphin templates ( UNI or ALT ) if you have the same problem with the default templates exclude that the problem can be due to template.. and so do not waste time on false trails..

All gave me access denied or when goto view video page it keeps on loading the vidoe but nothing happends.

Templates and Modules for Dolphin 7.3 http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/Giovanni_m
Quote · 16 Sep 2013

Thanx giovanni for ur answer and sorry to waste ur time with my pm question. GG answer gave me a clear route to follow.

Template works perfectly fine and has nothing to do with a problem of m4v file format that will not play.. i give you an advice for the future, when you have a problem that you think might be due to template, you try to test the problem on your site with the default dolphin templates ( UNI or ALT ) if you have the same problem with the default templates exclude that the problem can be due to template.. and so do not waste time on false trails..

Quote · 16 Sep 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.