AndrewP Points - Gifts - Affiliate System

AndrewP "Points - Gifts - Affiliate System" support thread is here.

product itself located at: http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/Points_Gifts_Affiliate_System_2010_06_02

Quote · 10 Dec 2010

I'm a newbie to this module and I'm hoping someone can give a few tips on putting it to best use.

My main concern at the moment is not to get caught giving money to members simply because they uploaded some photo's etc. That would obviously defeat the purpose of it.

Also I'm wondering about the free Ipod business. I don't want to buy somebody a free Ipod if I'm not making profit out of it!

I've only just installed the module but think that I should set it up correctly as soon as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote · 10 Dec 2010

Would It be possible to allow other members to post in gifts shop, and once someone purchases gift with points transfers to seller for virtual items / or into escrow for physical items , then once buyer confirms receipt... points transfer to seller. Of course item count would decrese and once none (0) gift item not listed or not allow purchase...

Thank You if this can be done,

A feature that would sell allot of this script...

And make it a one of a kind.... well worth your time to program in...

Thank You,

Rev Jeff Thornton

Quote · 14 Dec 2010

Hello,  I have  a compatibilty  problem with this mode  with a Template

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&my_threads=1#topic/Template-Compatibility-problem-nuknspax-and-AndrewP.htm

Quote · 9 Jan 2011

Hi BangLoungeFM,

make sure that in your custom template UNO you have

<bx_injection:injection_between_content_footer />

in your _sub_footer.html  file of UNO template (this injection key should present in this file by default)

plus, possible clean all caches (or disable it for time of checking) will solve this problem.

plus will need to investigate it more close, give me your website URL to view to it in firebug (by PM)

Quote · 10 Jan 2011

Thx Andrew for  your help

some solution from Andrew for all my Template  Probelm

All problem  on my page  are from the template and not  from the moduel

Ok, I see issue.
look in this UNO template

_sub_footer.html 
open this website

look what he made

<div class="clear_both"></div>
<div class="nkFooter">
__boonex_footers__

so he Wrapped 
under his 

<div class="nkFooter">
plus set styles

.nkFooter {
position: relative;
}

lol, understand?
so my injection instead being under BODY appear under his footer area, and even under Relative position, this is because you see it in bottom

here are easy solution:

move
before
<div class="nkFooter">

so as result it will:

<div class="clear_both"></div>
<div class="nkFooter">
__boonex_footers__

and all possible injections (even of another products) will appear in proper places

second point:

Next, points $ gifts module ..

.disignBoxFirst .boxFirstHeader .dbTitle { (http://mydomaine.com/templates/tmpl_vl/css/general.css - line 234)
font-size: 26px;
}

decrease size please to 17px as example

or, add to
div.boxFirstHeader { (http://mydomaine.com/templates/tmpl_vl/css/general.css - line 97)
height: 25px;
line-height: 20px;
}

as example, just because you using really Big font size but forgot to increase size of parent DIV :)

And this one is  for the  suggestion module

div.subMenusContainer { (top_menu.css (line 208))
position: relative;
z-index: 5000;
}

Guy like really big values, isn`t it? :)
decrease please that z-index to 500-900 as example. Just because many mods can use z-index in range 800-1200 for popups

Quote · 11 Jan 2011

Everywhere I have looked in the demo, I can not find any store view!

I would like to give my members the possibility to collect points and then buy in the shop Artilkel!

Sorry for my English!
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Everywhere I have looked in the demo, I can not find any store view!

I would like to give my members the possibility to collect points and then buy in the shop Artilkel!

Ok see theses mods:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/Greetings_Credits

http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/Credits_system

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 27 Jan 2011
 Don't you think it's just a little inappropriate to advertise your mods in someone else's product support thread?
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Don't you think it's just a little inappropriate to advertise your mods in someone else's product support thread?

I just got an answer to the  question. If I gave links to third modules that would be normal for you?

PS: If possible do not write me personally, please try to ask on the forum first
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Now I know if I was misunderstood. My English is not the best.

Members earn points for action and they can then spend the points in a store offering vouchers for which we (webmasters)!

Sorry for my English!
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Now I know if I was misunderstood. My English is not the best.

Members earn points for action and they can then spend the points in a store offering vouchers for which we (webmasters)!

You you mean Andrew's module is not true. You can spend your points only for buying the gifts.

Quote · 28 Jan 2011

You you mean Andrew's module is not true. You can spend your points only for buying the gifts.

Why, this is false too. Earned points you can many ways:

* yes, to purchase e-gifts
* to purchase real-gifts (like as store)
* to purchase membership levels
* you can pass your points (as gift or donation) to another members
* you can spent it in some integrated social game (via some api)
* you even can withdraw (optional) earned points

so - many ways to spend it

Quote · 28 Jan 2011

I added store block to http://miramis.ru/index.php (bottom right block)

I made this block visible only for members, so please join to see it. current website is live, I decided to remove this block :)

Quote · 28 Jan 2011

Just something I was looking for! Thank you!

Sorry for my English!
Quote · 28 Jan 2011

Cry Where has this module gone i was gonna get it, was just what i was looking for.....Cry

www.ptcgalaxy.net
Quote · 6 Feb 2011

Wait me a little, 2 days max.

I redeveloping it using new ideas. It will much, much more better. I removing wasting code, making it more professional, and must more user friendly !

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

Ok so how long before it will be ready, and i hope its gonna stay the same price lol.

www.ptcgalaxy.net
Quote · 7 Feb 2011

@Andrey

Please Andrey... If you update your module, add at least a notification (Email template) that will be sent to the recipient of a gift to let him/her know that he/she received something ;-)

And adding an option for the Admin to choose if the member can add or not a message with the gift will be very nice too ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 7 Feb 2011

I forgot...

A filter/search fuction is needed in the Admin part to allow the admin to easily manage members points ;-) 

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 7 Feb 2011

So, currently I made big update. Code become more pretty and stable. Re-factored whole code. Plus going to change a little allocate system, so it will more comfortable (not only search).  Can suggest play with demo and check screenshotes of product.

Currently I have to implement more useful functional in this module and remove useless. Price will same, don`t worry.

Plus (maybe) will create some professional affiliate system based on this module, but without electronic points ;-)  - it will useful for full business models.

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

I have a question for you AndrewP before I move on to reviewing this product for a purchase or not.  I appreciate the upfront honesty in your ad on the market, so I want to make sure what this is:

1.  Is this an IONCube type product where we need to ensure we have IONCube on our servers in order to utilize it?

2.  The licensing?  Does it make one call back to a server somewhere to verify the license upon install or is this a call back everytime it's utilized?  Thinking server resources and is this product iFramed in (meaning it's actually on someone else's server) or are ALL the source files open and placed directly onto our servers?

Just some honest questions as I personally never install any module into my servers that has to make repeated license calls or has the opportunity to scrape me for member data.

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

IONCube?

mm, what is this? current module is my own module, don`t worry. Made by me

2. This module don`t have any hidden iframes etc. After installing - this will only your!

I don`t require any extra verifications. All sources working only at your side. Very strange questions.

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

How are the questions strange AndrewP?  IONCube is a simple server item that is necessary to verify licensing on 3rd party software, use wikipedia, it will help you understand it.  Next up on the calls out to verify the license.  You posted in your Ad in the market for this product that it's good for one site and one site only and that it requires a license.  All I'm asking is what means are you using for license verification.

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

I don`t using any 3rd party software here, I don`t use any IONCube, I don`t using any extra licensing. During installation you uploading new module into your dolphin, after goto dolphin admin panel - page with modules, selecting my new module in list of not installed modules and click 'install' button. Thats all.

Yes, I prefer that my work used at 1 domain only, for second domain (for your own honestly) - I prefer that you take another license of this product. But I not forcing you. This is just on yours. If I will feel that my customers neglect this - I`ll find some solution.

Quote · 8 Feb 2011

*you even can withdraw (optional) earned points

is this a cash for points withdrawel via Paypal????

Thanks

www.ptcgalaxy.net
Quote · 8 Feb 2011

Yes, via paypal or any other custom method (which will save member in its details)
btw, module was updated

Quote · 5 Apr 2011

Hi Andrew,

Is this a recommended update for existing users?

And, if I update will I lose some settings and need to re-apply them?

Quote · 5 Apr 2011

Yes, that would be much better

commonly, structure of tables was not changed, but all rest SQL - important, so I advice to save your settings, remove from install.sql and uninstall.sql all actions for create/remove own tables, and - reinstall module.

Quote · 6 Apr 2011

Andrew, I wanted to know the setting change needed for the input box for the Points and Gifts when entering the items into the GIFTS STORE. I have checked all CSS files for the values, and even used Firebug, but cannot trace the values to a specific file. The width of 196px is way too narrow for input.

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
Quote · 20 Apr 2011

Hi andrew..

I'm new here. I wanna open a social network with point systems for sharing. I would like to use AndrewP Points - Gifts - Affiliate System for this purpose.

But, i want to use IBDW SpyWall and Facebook Friend Inviter also. will these mods integrate with AndrewP Points - Gifts - Affiliate System??

If my users share the photos or comments etc... in IBDW SpyWall, the poitns will be counted by AndrewP Points - Gifts - Affiliate System??

and the same thing with Friend Inviter??

Quote · 14 Aug 2011

2 richmanfl

sorry, not noticed your question before.
so, at gifts store admin page I using default dolphin forms, so 198px is default width for this element, its styles here:
templates/base/css/forms_adv.css (line 228)

.form_input_file, .form_input_select, .form_input_select_multiple, .form_input_select_box, .form_input_slider, .input_wrapper_select_box .form_input_text {
    background-color#FFFFFF;
    border1px solid #999999;
    margin-bottom1px;
    width198px;
}
Quote · 15 Aug 2011

2 riffaz

My module linked with All default dolphin modules, not with custom modules. It will impossible to pre-link of all custom modules which present in market. But, you always can add alerts from other custom modules. I using dolphin alert system in my module. So if another custom modules using alerts too - it will mean that it will possible to link both modules.

btw, IBDW SpyWall using own methods to share photos? It not using boonex photos module?

Quote · 15 Aug 2011

I have upgraded my site to 7.0.7 and find that the interface in the Points/Gifts do not properly read the new interface to the Membership levels. There are only 2 lines showing Custom Levels an System Levels, and they are not linked at all to the membership levels.

So I uninstalled, re-uploaded the 2.0.1 version, and re-installed and cleared the cache. Not working.

Not compatible at all with the 7.0.7 format of Membership levels.

Quote · 6 Sep 2011

Are you assigned wished prices in points for your custom mem levels?

also you can attach screeenshot for better understanding of problem

Quote · 6 Sep 2011

I have checked the settings and made sure:

Use buy membership for points functionality:CHECKED

When you click on memberships, in the points module, there is just 2 text lines and none of them link to anything. See attached!

I go into Admin> Membership levels, and all levels and prices work fine.

Richard

points_screen.jpg · 17.7K · 580 views
Quote · 6 Sep 2011

Hello Richard, I prepared full explanation to you how to use memberships

explain.png · 151.6K · 482 views
Quote · 9 Sep 2011

Andrew, I have had the memberships already setup with points for over a year. I upgraded the Dolphin to 7.0.7 and your module does not read ANY LEVELS within the site which are paid levels anymore. There is new PHP files in the administration/membership that your module does not read properly.

I already had membership levels in place and also have points assigned to those levels for over 1 year. Then I upgrade Dolphin and now when you click on MEMBERSHIPS in the POINTS & GIFTS 2.0.1 module, it no longer reads the existing membership levels at all..... not even the Standard, Promotion, or Non-Member levels show in your module anymore.

The detailed explanation you show is not 7.0.7 website on Dolphin. There is new admin interface to membership levels in 7.0.7. which is incompatible with your module.

Other modules in the site which read the membership levels work fine.

Please check on an upgraded site.

Quote · 9 Sep 2011

Ok another reply to this issue.

I have taken a domain which had no Dolphin, and setup a dummy domain. Installed 7.0.7 as per instructions, and then applied the Points Gifts module. The site has 3 membership levels in addition to the normal system-based STANDARD, PROMOTIONAL, NON-MEMBER levels. All had prices set.

I installed the Points and Gifts 2.0.1 module. I went into the site and went to MODULES>POINTS AND GIFTS in the admin panel

I went to the SETTINGS in the points and gifts module and checked the "Use buy membership for points functionality".

Then i clicked on the Memberships tab in the points and gifts module, and NOT A SINGLE membership level shows at all! Not the system defined ones or the custom ones.

This shows that the points/gifts module is not capable at this time (version 2.0.1) of supporting  the Dolphin 7.0.7 membership levels for points.

Quote · 12 Sep 2011

During changes in 7.0.7 regarding memberships - I updated my module. Now it able to work with 7.0.7 too. And this is again 7.0.x compatible (you can use it in any dolphin subversion)

Quote · 16 Sep 2011

Hello ,
I have bought  Points - Gifts - Affiliate System  from your web site . but downloaded file has nothing except few image icons , ?
Plus there are no instructions how to install it .

Thanks

Yousaf Riaz

Quote · 21 Jun 2012
Are you deleting my posts ? You are neither replying nor fixing this bug in your code . How to recreate steps 1: assume there are 2 users in the dolphin and they are friends scott and victoria 2: login as scott , search for friends , select victoria from the list and click it . 3: you will able to see victoria wall and you can use from the menu above to go to victoria's ( profile - info - friends - GIFTS - Blog - Photos ) 4: as soon as you hit gifts the session changes automatically to scott and if you click blog , photos you will video onwards you'll see Scott's stuff instead of victoria 5: if you don't click on gifts tab and keep on clicking other tabs it works fine . Please suggest , Thanks
click gift.PNG · 46.6K · 470 views
friends profile.PNG · 31.8K · 460 views
friends.PNG · 44.7K · 436 views
click gift.PNG · 46.6K · 475 views
login.PNG · 87.7K · 499 views
showing scott info.PNG · 67.1K · 445 views
Quote · 28 Jun 2012

Terrible customer service !! Don't buy from this Guy !!

Quote · 29 Jun 2012

Andrew Fixed all the issued I had afterwards , He was on vacations when all this happened .

Quote · 24 Jul 2012

This module has been updated. It is available for Dolphin 7.1 now.

There is new feature (for 7.1):

* vector icons

Quote · 18 Dec 2012

I have changed servers and module lists in installed modules and when I recompile languages it says"Cannot recompile module from "aramis/gifts/" directory Failed". I have tried to uninstall the module and it says "Cannot uninstall module from "aramis/gifts/" directory Failed". How can I remove this module so it will acknowledge it as a Not Installed Modules?

Quote · 24 Jan 2013

Hi Linda, First version is: what is your dolphin version? 7.0.x? or Did you update your dolphin till 7.1.0 ?

Anyway, make sure that during changing your server you didn't forget something. Please check if you can see folder 'aramis' in your 'modules' folder. And also confirm that you have folder 'gifts' inside that folder.

Quote · 24 Jan 2013

New features:
* homepage to send gifts (2.1.5)
* integration with Spy module (2.1.5)
* Gift store page (2.1.6)
* Standard Payment module integration (optional) (2.1.7)

Quote · 4 Mar 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.