Can I Display Outline on a per Module Basis?

I would like to add 'Outline' module to each of my 'Home' pages. Is it possible to only show the data for the specific module I add it to. For example, if I added it to the Groups module Home Page it would display the Groups Content Only, if I added it to the Pages module Home Page it would display the Pages Content Only. I have created a PHP Block on each Page & added the 'Outline' code now I just need to limit it to the relevant module. Can someone tell me if this is possible & if so, point me in the right direction? Thanks guys!

Quote · 6 Apr 2014

Hi and yes this is possible.

I did it before. you have to find the code that gets the outline events and put that module filter on it.
The outline code is spread tho so you need to modify more then one file.

Now i have a better way and that is a filter by module for the outline. And in profile edit form i have a default field that members can set so when they goto the home page only the outline events show for that module.

Quote · 6 Apr 2014

To display Outline block for some specific module only, then add PHP block with the following content:

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index', array(-1, -1, '', array('bx_groups')));

This is sample for Groups module.

To add PHP block I recommend to use Deano's Tools.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 7 Apr 2014

Thanks for the replies guys & thanks for the code AlexT, I'll try that immediately.

Quote · 7 Apr 2014

To display Outline block for some specific module only, then add PHP block with the following content:
return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index', array(-1, -1, '', array('bx_groups')));

2 quick questions about this (it works great by the way thanks AlexT) 

1) is it possible to show 2 mods in the outline using this method? i.e. groups and events 

2) is it possible to show just a certain block from a mod? i.e. featured events

Quote · 16 May 2014

To show both Groups and Events, the following should work :

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index', array(-1, -1, '', array('bx_groups', 'bx_events')));

1) is it possible to show 2 mods in the outline using this method? i.e. groups and events 

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 16 May 2014

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index', array(-1, -1, '', array('bx_groups', 'bx_events')));

thanks modzzz that worked great, any ideas on how to display a specfic block?

Quote · 16 May 2014

This is great news, assuming I can find out what BX_Forums is then I should be able to insert latest, updated/latest topics to the Outline?

Quote · 16 May 2014

For specific blocks you will need to get a programmer to write the required code for you as that will depend on the mod and the particular info you want to display. There is no universal solution for this. For the Wall, you are able to use the code provided because the Wall module was already specifically designed with a service function to handle this.

thanks modzzz that worked great, any ideas on how to display a specfic block?

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 16 May 2014

Modzzz, Im trying to set this up to show your ultimate articles instead of usual bx articles, 

does this use the same code bx_articles or is the code different for yours?

Thanks

Quote · 23 Jan 2015

Use modzzz_articles

Modzzz, Im trying to set this up to show your ultimate articles instead of usual bx articles, 

Thanks

Quote · 23 Jan 2015

Hi Jerome, what code would I insert to also add articles that display within 'ultimate articles' but are pulled using your articles RSS feed module?

I've setup using the modzzz_articles code for the php block, this shows articles I manually enter into ultimate articles, but not ones that come in via your RSS article feed module.

Use modzzz_articles

Thanks

Quote · 24 Jan 2015

modzzz_rssletter ?

Quote · 24 Jan 2015

The imported articles are no different. They are stored in the same way. I think it may be a timestamp issue. At one point I was storing the date that the article was published (as recorded in the feed) but that didn't work too well so I reverted to using the import date. Please re-upload the files for the RSS feed to ensure you have the latest update.

Hi Jerome, what code would I insert to also add articles that display within 'ultimate articles' but are pulled using your articles RSS feed module?

I've setup using the modzzz_articles code for the php block, this shows articles I manually enter into ultimate articles, but not ones that come in via your RSS article feed module.

Use modzzz_articles

Thanks

Quote · 31 Jan 2015

Bringing up an old post into 7.3!

Used to use this on 7.2 and worked fine.

Now on 7.3 this method doesnt work for me, the php block just doesnt show.

Its not the block, its the content, changing php to show something else works, just not this code.

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index', array(-1,'', array('modzzz_articles')));

any ideas to bring this up to 7.3?

Quote · 22 Jun 2016

any ideas to bring this up to 7.3?

There are two separate methods in Dolphin 7.3 to display Timeline and Outline:

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index_timeline', array(-1, -1, '', '', 'id', array('bx_groups')));

or

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index_outline', array(-1, -1, '', array('bx_groups')));

Quote · 26 Jun 2016

Yes, but this not is good

i have outline block on home page with news article, and added 2. block with php code bx_videos, all is ok when dont click to READ MORE

when click on news outline block read more, than open videos but not news

this is good idea,but now how create separate block php outline

HOMEPAGE

1. Original outline block (read more open only news)

2. PHP block outline VIDEOS (read more open only videos)

3. PHP block outline PHOTOS (read more open only photos)

4. ....and other module

AlexT help

Quote · 25 Jun 2017

Any help?

Quote · 26 Jun 2017

In addition i liked to ask if someone if he managed to add the "Post" block as well (post to outline) as the one in "Homepage" (index.php)

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 27 Jun 2017

Only one Timeline & Outline blocks on one page are supported. 

i have outline block on home page with news article, and added 2. block with php code bx_videos, all is ok when dont click to READ MORE

Quote · 11 Jul 2017

In addition i liked to ask if someone if he managed to add the "Post" block as well (post to outline) as the one in "Homepage" (index.php)

Please use the following code for "post to timeline" block:

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'post_block_index_timeline');
Quote · 11 Jul 2017

Hi, i added the "Post" block to a group but it seems global for the whole module, i will like to be more down to one group, for example when i enter group "hello world" i see timeline block with content of this group only and  block of "post" so when every time someone post there it will appear in the timeline for this group.

how can i do this right? (just example)

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'view_block_index_timeline', array(-1, -1, '', '', 'id', array('hello_world_group')));

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'post_block_index_timeline_hello_world_group');

Please use the following code for "post to timeline" block:

return BxDolService::call('wall', 'post_block_index_timeline');

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 14 Jul 2017

There is no such functionality for now, post form is available for the whole site, or for the profile pages only. 

Hi, i added the "Post" block to a group but it seems global for the whole module, i will like to be more down to one group, for example when i enter group "hello world" i see timeline block with content of this group only and  block of "post" so when every time someone post there it will appear in the timeline for this group.

Quote · 5 Aug 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.