Change your site's nickname to fullname....:)

So after a full day work i am able to change the nick name to full name. They are below:

Displays full name on profile page.

changes the nick name to full name on members block on homepage.(some width has to be changed to display full name.My name is long but can't do anything.Cry dont tell me to change my name).

changes the name on promo block

Just download and replace all files (7.0.8 tested and working)

Download

Whats inside for anyone want to know and or may be troubleshot. 

I have created two new function in BxBaseFunctions.php for first and last name and assigned two new templates keys.

And two new keys in BxBaseMenu.php.

This also contains that promo block name change file replacement which i posted in other thread.

That's all for now will work on changing the owner names of photos and other media but now i need some water........:)

enjoy.

and post a reply if you need help or got an error.

Regards,

Prashank

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

Thanks mate for your contribution. Its great !!! But it will be better if you release it as a full module with installator and some administration so for example admin can switch/select in backend if users can use full name or nickname or maybe make an enhancement that users can select by themselves if use full name or nickname during registration and than also can change it in their profile setting. Also nice will be if admin can set this option for only certain membership group....

Quote · 7 Dec 2011

what about a way to change the 'nickname' to full name on the spy wall etc, i have managed to change 'nickname' to full name on most other things like, next to profile pic, and on friends list but cant seem to find a way to change the name on the spy wall etc,

Thanks in advance

Charlie

You Creature!!
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

thanks for your reply and i will try it as a module when i will free from my site development but can't guarantee that i will get success. I am right now learning php so it will take some time.

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

On special request wall modules is added and the zip is updated to download and replace wall files.

what about a way to change the 'nickname' to full name on the spy wall etc, i have managed to change 'nickname' to full name on most other things like, next to profile pic, and on friends list but cant seem to find a way to change the name on the spy wall etc,

Thanks in advance

Charlie

Enjoy the enhancement and tell me where you need changes i am on a name changing mission..........:)   

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

Great job, Prashank. What I think you need to do is keep track or a list of all places you are changing it in and the programmes so we all know.

I am extremely interested in this as well. Do not like this nickname or username stuff.

Tell me, can we do this after your site has gone live? Does it not affect the DB? What about the Join page, profile edit etc?

Quote · 7 Dec 2011

everything is intact in coding i have just added something and there is no change in DB. I have set it to display First and Last name instead of username nothing else.

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

So they still enter username during join and sign up, it just does not display? Is that what you are saying?

Quote · 7 Dec 2011

ya username is in the core of dolphin, everything work on username. Is it a problem in entering username you just not want to display it? Am i correct? 

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

Yes, makes sense. We do not want to rewrite Dolphin now, LOL.

This works. Anyway you can list down the places, programs and the changes please? So we know.

Fabulous work, man.

Quote · 7 Dec 2011

places are in first post what you want to know?

can you tell more places where changes needed?

Yes, makes sense. We do not want to rewrite Dolphin now, LOL.

This works. Anyway you can list down the places, programs and the changes please? So we know.

Fabulous work, man.

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

please redownload it. the previous zip was missing a file. Thankyou 

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

Here is a new update. Now full name for all modules.

enjoy and please report any error.

I am going to sleep now its too late, so will visit tomorrow to check and reply.

Thanks for using :)

Regards,

Prashank

so much to do....
Quote · 7 Dec 2011

one problem, unless it's just me, it changes the 'nickname' on the wall to the users 'fullname' all apart from the areas that involve photo's, what i mean is that the bit's on the wall that say member has added a new photo, and member commented on members photo, these parts are still showing the members nickname and not fullname, i have added a picture of the thing im on about,

is there a way it can be changed to show the fullname and not nickname on the photo 'upload' and 'comment' part on the wall?

cheers

charlie

nickname error.png · 7.6K · 344 views
You Creature!!
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Thanks for pointing this. I am working on it.

one problem, unless it's just me, it changes the 'nickname' on the wall to the users 'fullname' all apart from the areas that involve photo's, what i mean is that the bit's on the wall that say member has added a new photo, and member commented on members photo, these parts are still showing the members nickname and not fullname, i have added a picture of the thing im on about,

is there a way it can be changed to show the fullname and not nickname on the photo 'upload' and 'comment' part on the wall?

cheers

charlie

so much to do....
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Thanks for pointing this. I am working on it.

cheers

charlie

ok :)

You Creature!!
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

I can't get it to work on spy module right now but will try new ways and updated the wall module for full name support for comments.

Regards,

Prashank 

so much to do....
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Great stuff,

couple of issues, i have uploaded the updates you have done and come accross a couple of little things that need looking at, there is a cpl of places in the profile where you can still see the members nickname still and not the full name, also in the photos section it has the members nickname only, also another thing i noticed when clicking onto another members profile was on there wall it says member added a new photo, but the members name is meant to be the owner of that profile but its saying another members name instead, to understand it better i have included the screen pics of the problems

many thanks

charlie

view-photo.png · 125.4K · 366 views
view-profile.png · 41.5K · 369 views
You Creature!!
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Two of them are album names and the one is in queue.

Its working alright at my site are you sure you applied all files. see image its working perfectly fine.

so much to do....
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

i will upload it all again and try again then :)

You Creature!!
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

I fixed that error that was not displaying the edited profile names. I have not tested it by editing profiles that way this occur. You know i can't predict anything about it just have to face the error and correct it one by one, so keep reporting errors because one day it will be error free.

I was planing to move to another mod (when this errors are resolved) in which i will work on "each member with his/her own folder for photos and videos" but its seems too dangerous and i guess not too soon.  

clear the templates cache after reupload.

Thanks for using and reporting.

so much to do....
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

don't use it now it has some serious issue. i know that when used other profile. will try to fix and post new one.

so much to do....
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Ok after re-uploading the updates there were are few issues found, one case of displaying thewall owners name on a wall comment when it was a different member that left the comment, i also found that the friends block was showing the friends nicknames and not full names, also a couple more items of showing nicknames and not full names, once again i have attached 2 screen shots of the issues.

thanks

charlie

Profile-view.png · 52.4K · 355 views
member.php.screen.png · 30.7K · 349 views
You Creature!!
Quote · 8 Dec 2011

Ok i have just also noticed that when logged on as a member every comment, action, photo added is coming up with that members name, so say your member a, and you are a friend with member b, so you visit member b's profile, and that member added a new profile pic that day, but you look at the wall it it says member a added a photo when it was member b

for some reason its all messed up now so its showing up the wrong members names on the wall actions

You Creature!!
Quote · 9 Dec 2011

i know about that issue after using other profile to view it. thats why i told not use it as it have some serious issue, it displays the logged member name especially on wall. thats the exact issue. let me solve it.

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Dec 2011

Ok thanks, let me know if you have any joy in fixing the issues!!

cheers

charlie

You Creature!!
Quote · 9 Dec 2011

the new update can be downloaded now. I tried my best to make it a better update. but please report any error or missing place.

Thanks.

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Dec 2011

the new update can be downloaded now. I tried my best to make it a better update. but please report any error or missing place.

Thanks.

Great stuff, i wont be able to upload and test the updates till monday now but cheers mate

charlie

You Creature!!
Quote · 9 Dec 2011

Let me know how the test goes! I'm very happy to see this issue being addressed!

Great stuff, i wont be able to upload and test the updates till monday now but cheers mate

charlie

Quote · 10 Dec 2011

Hey Prashank;

Have you solved ALL the situations for this modification? What are all the files we have to download, from where. Just want to keep a written record, so can fix it when there is an upgrade.

Can you provide all places, file names and line number changed please?

Thanks so much

Thanks.

Quote · 10 Dec 2011

The download link is in the first post.

I would also like a list of places/and lines changed...I have done a few core edits and if I just upload files, I'd be writing over the edits.

Hey Prashank;

Can you provide all places, file names and line number changed please?

Thanks so much

Quote · 10 Dec 2011

Hi Prashank;

I registered on your site, but it only shows my nickname everywhere, has that site not been updated with the program changes?

I guess that is your live site and you have a test site. Understood.

Also when one places info on wall or group, the other members get an email? Does that email sent also have their first and last name or their nickname?

Thanks

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

Thanks all for your interest and here is the list of files.

inc/profile.inc.php (at line 835)

inc/classes/BxDolCmtsQuery.php(at line 92)

inc/classes/BxDolFilesTemplate.php (line 74)

inc/classes/BxDolProfile.php (line 325)

inc/classes/BxDolProfileQuery.php (line 67)

modules/boonex/avatar/classes/BxAvaModule.php (line 1260)

modules/boonex/avatar/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 7)

modules/boonex/photos/classes/BxPhotosSearch.php (line 325)

modules/boonex/photos/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/photos/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/sounds/classes/BxSoundsSearch.php (line 212)

modules/boonex/sounds/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/sounds/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/videos/classes/BxSoundsSearch.php (line 210)

modules/boonex/videos/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/videos/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/wall/classes/BxWallModule.php (line 340)

modules/boonex/wall/classes/BxWallTemplate.php (line 59)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/balloon.html (line 8)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/f_accept.html (line 3

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/p_edit.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/p_edit_status_message.html (line 5)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCmtsView.php (line 263)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCommunicator.php (line 237)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseFunctions.php (line 288)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseIndexPageView.php (line 469)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMenu.php (line 636)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseSearchResultSharedMedia.php (line 203)

templates/base/navigation_menu_sub_header.html (line 10)

templates/base/thumbnail_single.html (line 19)

ok now this is the complete list of files that are edited.

Thanks again.

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Dec 2011

Thanks again. Did you ever think about the email part of this issue? I think also very critical is the fact that in some cases (especially with long names) does it not cause an issue with the display?

Thanks all for your interest and here is the list of files.

inc/profile.inc.php (at line 835)

inc/classes/BxDolCmtsQuery.php(at line 92)

inc/classes/BxDolFilesTemplate.php (line 74)

inc/classes/BxDolProfile.php (line 325)

inc/classes/BxDolProfileQuery.php (line 67)

modules/boonex/avatar/classes/BxAvaModule.php (line 1260)

modules/boonex/avatar/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 7)

modules/boonex/photos/classes/BxPhotosSearch.php (line 325)

modules/boonex/photos/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/photos/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/sounds/classes/BxSoundsSearch.php (line 212)

modules/boonex/sounds/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/sounds/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/videos/classes/BxSoundsSearch.php (line 210)

modules/boonex/videos/templates/base/wall_post.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/videos/templates/base/wall_post_private.html (line 3)

modules/boonex/wall/classes/BxWallModule.php (line 340)

modules/boonex/wall/classes/BxWallTemplate.php (line 59)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/balloon.html (line 8)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/f_accept.html (line 3

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/p_edit.html (line 5)

modules/boonex/wall/templates/base/p_edit_status_message.html (line 5)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCmtsView.php (line 263)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseCommunicator.php (line 237)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseFunctions.php (line 288)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseIndexPageView.php (line 469)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMenu.php (line 636)

templates/base/scripts/BxBaseSearchResultSharedMedia.php (line 203)

templates/base/navigation_menu_sub_header.html (line 10)

templates/base/thumbnail_single.html (line 19)

ok now this is the complete list of files that are edited.

Thanks again.

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

no i have not worked on email templates yet but now going to work on it.

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Dec 2011

i have added breadcrumb that i was forgotten.

and updated the email template, now in your templates key "<realname>"  full name will be send.

replace all files in the updated zip and enjoy.

Thanks...........:)

so much to do....
Quote · 11 Dec 2011

You are awesome. This might be of use to the boonex team for dolphin 8. Or at least with a little work, a module...

One last favor?

can you make a txt file in the zip that shows all the files/lines changed? If you can also document what section of the site each of the changes affects? or if it's documented in the code at the lines changed?

I need to go in and do most of them by hand (sucks)...

and updated the email template, now in your templates key "<realname>"  full name will be send.

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

Yes, i need to manually make the change as well. But he already gave us the line changes. Lastly, can you perhaps give us the code that changes from and to what? Then we can understand what is changing, so if the lines are not the same at least we can fix the code in case it falls on a different line. This could occur if we have custom mods on our site.

You are awesome. One last favor? can you make a txt file in the zip that shows all the files/lines changed? I need to go in and do most of them by hand (sucks)...

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

1) The line changes he gave are in a thread, if they were in the file it would be more efficient/easier to change. There could be an added changelog, or additions and bug fixes included without wasting board/post space. It's good programming to include fixes/changes in a readme.txt

Example: he added 2 new things after he posted the line changes...

2) If the code is documented at the line change(s), this is the best option IMHO. we can open a file, cruise to the line documented in the readme, look at the code and decide if we want this change on our site.

Good documentation and good code is key.

1)But he already gave us the line changes.

2)Lastly, can you perhaps give us the code that changes from and to what? Then we can understand what is changing, so if the lines are not the same at least we can fix the code in case it falls on a different line. This could occur if we have custom mods on our site.

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

I understand and must agree with you. Right now, this is very good work, and if he does not document it correctly it will come back and bite us all. Every time you do a custom module upgrade or Dolphin upgrade you will have to go in and all those changes and of course the lines will change, so we will have to constantly keep track, until and unless Dolphin decides to incorporate the change via the admin. One click on the admin side and you can have whatever to show as your default.

I am looking forward to make these changes.

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

I have just downloaded it and I will give a try soon.  Just waiting D8 Laughing

It is greate to see you sharing this all and others also helping .  The true Linux spirit of team work.  congrats 

Quote · 11 Dec 2011

ok! i will write a txt file with all the information and include some information in the codes.

so much to do....
Quote · 12 Dec 2011

I have updated the zip with a readme which include the line no. and in files you will get the information about its function in the site.

Anyone wanting a installation of this can buy it at store.buddynet.in you can specify the location where you need changes as per your need. You will get free update installation of the script.

Cheers.......:)

so much to do....
Quote · 12 Dec 2011

Ok updated your lastest installment just now and all is looking pretty good, but 1) apart from the links on the wall, when you click on the photo link it comes up with a database query error well any photos to be honest they all bring up the error messages.

2) Also the member's link on the members account page (the link at the top left showing the members name) when you click on that it comes up with 'page not found'

3) Also the problem on the wall where it only states the users nickname when the member has commented and not the full name (pic attached)

Sorry to be a pain but just to let you know mate :)

Cheers

Charlie

nickname error.png · 7.6K · 374 views
You Creature!!
Quote · 12 Dec 2011

Ok updated your lastest installment just now and all is looking pretty good, but 1) apart from the links on the wall, when you click on the photo link it comes up with a database query error well any photos to be honest they all bring up the error messages.

2) Also the member's link on the members account page (the link at the top left showing the members name) when you click on that it comes up with 'page not found'

3) Also the problem on the wall where it only states the users nickname when the member has commented and not the full name (pic attached)

Sorry to be a pain but just to let you know mate :)

Cheers

Charlie

sorry didnt explain, the photo link part, i mean if a member has made a comment on a photo etc (on the wall) when you click that link it comes up with the error, also if you look at the users photos in general they bring up the same error...

Cheers,

Charlie

You Creature!!
Quote · 12 Dec 2011

Where is this error is occurring if it spy than i can say i have not changed anything in spy. i guess so. let me run some test now. And you can test it at my site buddy-net.co.cc and can i have your site so i can see the error because in my test i have got many errors but i corrected them but never got a database error, so its strange to me. 

You are not being pain actually you are helping it to be better.

Thanks.

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

Where is this error is occurring if it spy than i can say i have not changed anything in spy. i guess so. let me run some test now. And you can test it at my site buddy-net.co.cc and can i have your site so i can see the error because in my test i have got many errors but i corrected them but never got a database error, so its strange to me. 

You are not being pain actually you are helping it to be better.

Thanks.

I have just sent you a message mate also with my website details inclosed.

Cheers,

Charlie

You Creature!!
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

Please download the new files and replace all.

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

downloaded and uploaded, sent mail to you

thanks

You Creature!!
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

Prashank, do these files include the text with all line changes too? How is it going? Almost complete?

Quote · 13 Dec 2011

yes its contain a txt file with all line changes but i have removed comments from inside the files. Its causing errors. 

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

the zip is updated with the last known error to me. Please test it.

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Dec 2011

Do not see a txt file, am i missing something?

Quote · 14 Dec 2011

its in the zip. Please redownload and follow the line properly otherwise you will get errors.

so much to do....
Quote · 14 Dec 2011

Friends i got some free time so i worked on spy module and its included in the zip please download the update.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

so much to do....
Quote · 1 Jan 2012

Hi. I don't know how you counted your lines, but there are only  573 lines in my profiles.inc.php, and you say to change line 835

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

Hi!

try the new zip.

Thanks

Edit: You need to compare these lines no. in original files and patch's files to find the code to replace. 

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

Sorry, i reported your post, missed the button.

Thanks for quick answer, i've already made the changes, all works perfectly.

But there are still nicks in search results (extended view), people (extended view too) and in mail box.

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

wow.... this is all way over my head... but if it were a mod with and admin section I would purchase it tomorrow. I may even considder hireing someone to do this for me if the price is right.

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

lol.... this is just a patch to change nickname to fullname on your dolphin site and its files are in first post. Just download and replace all files or you can purchase a installation service.

wow.... this is all way over my head... but if it were a mod with and admin section I would purchase it tomorrow. I may even considder hireing someone to do this for me if the price is right.

@q3er Thanks for telling it will be in next update soon.

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

do you have any ideas where it can be changed, i'll try to do it myself. now my site is halfnick-halfrealname, looks stupid)

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

can i have your site url because i think you have not applied it everywhere. If you have done that than it should be almost everywhere. only few places are left i guess. 

do you have any ideas where it can be changed, i'll try to do it myself. now my site is halfnick-halfrealname, looks stupid)

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

it's in RUSSIAN))

Quote · 9 Jan 2012

Please come to buddy-net.co.cc and email me at website.257@gmail.com

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

New update is here with lots of changes and many new places q3er helped a lot in this update and i am very thankful to him.

Changes include:

member menu

actions popup that comes after 3 sec of hovering on members avatar.

site's mail system in this format:-

firstname lastname (nickname)

email templates.

blogs module

simple messenger module

fixed some bugs and included some extend profiles view (previous post.)

Thanks all for using this and please come to buddy-net.co.cc to see it in action.

Regards,

Prashank

so much to do....
Quote · 10 Jan 2012

Thanks for patch. Good luck

Quote · 10 Jan 2012

Hello,

The download l;ink no longer works. Can you please re-upload it?

Also, the two main areas that I want to only use the full name for are the search results (for the actual search, for the privacy groups search, etc) and the chat. Can you tell me which files I would need to modify for those two things, and which code I would need to change in those files?

Thanks!

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

sorry i forget to point it to the new server. my mistake Embarassed It should work now. Please apply it don't replace the files because files are of 7.0.8.

i can't do much for the chat.(simple messenger is included in the patch but not the main chat)

and search thing i didn't tried it yet. Will see if it can be done.  

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

sorry i forget to point it to the new server. my mistake Embarassed It should work now. Please apply it don't replace the files because files are of 7.0.8.

i can't do much for the chat.(simple messenger is included in the patch but not the main chat)

and search thing i didn't tried it yet. Will see if it can be done.  

Awesome, I can't wait to see if the search can be modified like that. Thanks!

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

here is the little solution for the keyword search.

open templates/base/scrips/BxBaseSearchProfile.php at line 13 you will see

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple'),

'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags'),

Change it to this

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple'),

'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags'),

Its simple. I will not update the zip now because i am very busy now. (I am posting this line 3rd time. lol)

And what privacy search you are talking about?

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

here is the little solution for the keyword search.

open templates/base/scrips/BxBaseSearchProfile.php at line 13 you will see

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple'),

'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags'),

Change it to this

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'NickName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Country', 'City', 'Tags', 'DateReg', 'DateOfBirth', 'Sex', 'Couple'),

'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'City', 'Tags'),

Its simple. I will not update the zip now because i am very busy now. (I am posting this line 3rd time. lol)

And what privacy search you are talking about?

You are my new best friend!!! :)

This worked perfectly!

The Privacy search is performed when you are adding members to a custom privacy group... www.mysite.com/member_privacy.php . You create a new privacy group, and then when you go to add a member to that group, the search only works using the nickname, city, and a few other items.

I found this code in BxDolPrivacySearch:

'ownFields' => array('ID', 'DateReg'),
        'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'City', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Tags'),

and changed it to this:

'ownFields' => array('NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'City', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Tags', 'ID', 'DateReg'),
        'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'City', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Tags'),

But it had no effect. I did clear my cache, refreshed, etc.

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

Thanks i made a new friend :)

its working for me at line 31 just replace it with this

'searchFields' => array('NickName', 'FirstName', 'LastName', 'City', 'Headline', 'DescriptionMe', 'Tags'),

no other change is needed

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

Thanks i made a new friend :)

its working for me at line 31 just replace it with this

no other change is needed

Very strange. I copy/pasted your exact code, and it still is not working. When I search for a username, it does show the person's full name in the search results... but when I search for a person's actual name (like "John"), it returns no results.

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

just a question are you searching your own name?

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

I was... I thought my sub-user test account was also named the same way, but I had forgotten that I renamed it last week. It's working now! Thanks for your patience!

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

okay! good luck

P.S: This forum needs a pagination lol

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

so....

without wanting to back and dig through and digest all posts in this thread....

Is there now an established an tested method to change nickname to user name throughout the entire site?

thanks,

Nathan

Quote · 9 Mar 2012

this works most of the places but you may have to say good bye to upgrades if you applied this because you will need to do the changes again if you update and the update replaces any modified files. You can check it working at buddy-net.co.cc.

Some modules are still left unchanged and doesn't look like that i can provide any installation or work on this now.

I will not post the reason because i will be posting it fourth time on this forum.

so much to do....
Quote · 9 Mar 2012

Prashank,

I may have run into an issue...

I have a few test users signed up on my website. I logged in as my own admin account and went to Normal User's profile... at the very top of the page, it shows "Normal User". When I click on the photo album, blog, and other links in the user navigation bar, the name at the top changes to my own name, even though I am viewing Normal User's blog, etc.

Do you think this is related to these nickname/fullname changes?

The attached image shows what I am talking about... I am on Normal User's profile page, I click the photos/blogs/etc links, and the name changes to my own name; the profile pictures and status message remain Normal User's.

dolphin-link-issue.png · 58.6K · 365 views
Quote · 12 Mar 2012

oh! yes its maybe related to this patch but why its showing nickname? Did you applied this patch correctly?

so much to do....
Quote · 12 Mar 2012

oh! yes its maybe related to this patch but why its showing nickname? Did you applied this patch correctly?

Admin User and Normal User are the first/last names of those two test accounts, so it is showing the fullname and not the nickname.

I did apply the entire patch correctly. Any idea which file would be causing my "currently logged in as" name to be displayed instead of the name of the user I am currently viewing?

Quote · 12 Mar 2012

I think you forget something. here in file templates/script/BxBaseMenu.php line 635 should be this.

$iMemID  = getID($_GET['ID']);

$name    = getFirstName($iMemID)." ".getLastName($iMemID);

$link    = getProfileLink($iMemID);

Check it to be sure you made it correctly. specially that red line.

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Mar 2012

Yep, that is all correct already in that file.

Another strange thing... I commented on "User 2's" profile using a "User 3" account. Now, in my news feed, it shows my Admin User's name instead of User 3's name for that comment... so basically, it shows the name of the account that you are currently logged in with, instead of the name of the person who actually made the comment.

Quote · 13 Mar 2012

its very strange because i tested it so much before giving it out. And which news feed you are talking about?

Its still not a total package many places are left and i don't think i can do all of it. So, anyone with a basic php knowledge can do the rest. If he/she tries atleast its quite easy from before because now there are two functions already. So, you just need to give the id. Consider this example

$name = getNickName($id);

$link = getProfileLink($id);

now its easy to change it to full name.

$name = getFirstName($id)." ".getLastName($id);

$link = getProfileLink($id);

here you just need to replace the getNickName() function with first and last name. And you know the $id already its given. but in case nickname is not coded like this. than there should be something like this somewhere

$name = $aProfile['NickName'];

Its also very simple. It will be

$name = $aProfile['FirstName']." ".$aProfile['LastName'];

look how simple it is.

I am explaining this because many people keep telling me this and that places are left and i know many places are left but i can't do it. Everybody will have some places left in their site because of any custom mods or something. So you can help yourself by this simple code. But if there are some places where you are out of clue than you can contact me. But not for things like above. A caveman can do that...lol

Edit: And Please don't take me wrong i am just telling to do some work on your own. I am not telling that i am not interested in helping others. Thanks 

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Mar 2012

i have a question.

when you have downloaded this patch file because the problems you have are of the few first release and these are sorted out in new updates.

Another strange thing... I commented on "User 2's" profile using a "User 3" account. Now, in my news feed, it shows my Admin User's name instead of User 3's name for that comment... so basically, it shows the name of the account that you are currently logged in with, instead of the name of the person who actually made the comment.

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Mar 2012

i have a question.

when you have downloaded this patch file because the problems you have are of the few first release and these are sorted out in new updates.

I downloaded it on March 9.

I just reverted my site's files back to how they were before the patch, and the issue is still occurring. So it must be an issue with one of my other mods... perhaps the Spywall mod. I will ask IlBelloDelWeb if they have any insight into that.

Quote · 13 Mar 2012

than it should be the latest one. Good luck

so much to do....
Quote · 13 Mar 2012

Prashan, I'm building an Alumni site, so in my case Nickname wil actually be something an Alumnus would have been called while in College... (in fact I wonder why Dolphin uses the term nickname for username)

So I created a separate field for ColNickName.... and using your hack, I'm now able to display the 1st name under the thumbs and Collge Nick Name in brackets under the First Name

Your suggestion to use <br /> is essential, I feel...

Thanks for the ideas

"May the Power of the Open-Source be with You" - The Jedi
Quote · 26 Mar 2012

Hi Prashank,

Tried the patch, but had major issues (header output issues) ... dunno why .... so reverted back..... except for the two-line hack which you'd originally posted .. just made some changes to display "College Nick" in brackets

if ($iId > 0) {
      $sLink = getProfileLink($iId);
            // $sNick = getNickname($iId);
   $aInfo = getProfileInfo($iId);
   if ($aInfo['ColNick']>" ") {
   $sNick = $aInfo['FirstName'].'<br> ('.$aInfo['ColNick'] . ')' ;
   } else {
   $sNick = $aInfo['FirstName'] ;
   }
   if (! empty($aOnline) && (int)$aOnline['is_online']==0) {
   } else {

$bOnline = 1;
   }
  }

What I'll do is try changing file by file and see wot happens.. will keep you posted....

Quote · 26 Mar 2012

can't tell how can applying this can give you header already send error. Something must be wrong in codes.

so much to do....
Quote · 26 Mar 2012

Oops.... no, not this code.... what I meant was that this two line code hack works perfectly...

Only when I downloaded the enrtire patch and attemped changes, I got errors...... and I thinks I know where I went wrong...

Will try again tonight and let you know...

Quote · 27 Mar 2012

Hi Prashank, forgot to update you...

Thanks, I'd reinstalled the patch and everything is working fine..

I'm now trying to get the College Nickname to show below the Full Name under the avatars and also other places.... will keep you updated

can't tell how can applying this can give you header already send error. Something must be wrong in codes.

Quote · 5 Aug 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.