Creating fake profiles can get you into hot water

I haven't seen the "1000's of fake profiles" packs come up here in discussion for awhile. In case some people are still using them to populate their Dolphin site -

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ftc-sues-online-dating-site-for-faking-profiles/ar-BBc6Uo4

Quote · 31 Oct 2014

That is fraud, plain and simple.   They trick lonely guys into thinking they got a message from some hot girl and then he has to pay to read it.   Boonex had those mods for the longest time and people would always complain - I guess they finally got rid of them. 

Quote · 31 Oct 2014

Nope, that module is still in the market.

http://www.boonex.com/m/3K_Member_Database_with_Pics

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 31 Oct 2014

@newton - if you look at that fake profile mod, it has 51 positive reviews and 0 negative reviews - are those real people or are they fake?  if there really are 51 people who gave great reviews that obviously means they also tried it.  I wonder if it really worked - for any of them?

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

RE:

I wonder if it really worked - for any of them?

It didn't take long to come up with a google search to find some fake dolphin sites using that mod.

FOR A LIST OF FRAUDULENT DOLPHIN SITES USING FAKE PROFILES, CLICK HERE.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 3 Nov 2014

This doughnuthead chick gets around:

http://clublandonline.com/doughnuthead   Living in Brighton, UK

http://raktem.com/doughnuthead    er... Singapore

http://thegoldtribe.com/doughnuthead  Hey look... doughnuthead is into gold

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 3 Nov 2014

yes i admit i was one of those that bought that mod on a whim when i first started (there have been a lot of those) but i'm sure i never gave it a positive review and i would be the first to tell people not to do it, all i will say is that if i ever get to finally launch my site (i'm hoping within the next 6 months but then i'm sure i've been saying that to myself for the past 3 years) all those fake profiles will be long gone before i have the site moved to a dedicated server for said launch, we all make mistakes, it how we learn and i've certainly made a lot with some of the completely useless mods i bought since i started

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

Haha I remember this Mod , I bought it like a sucker and had it installed .....Was the first Mod I vowed to have uninstalled.

I think when people start out with Dolphin they want to get in there and have a site with tons of members and a lot of action going on within their site, Truth is if you don't have what the people are looking for and you don't take the time to promote your website (Advertisement)  it doesn't matter what Mod you have on no one will show up.

I had a site that was just for guns,Had a lot of money that went down the drain (Poor planning) but still because I did some advertising the site I was able to get a few solid members and i'll take that over tricking people into my site has thousands of members.

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

A sad part about this as well is that those profile photos are photos of real people that were taken from someplace to create the mod. Most likely they were just swiped from around the web. Imagine that poor woman in HL's example. For all we know, her photo might have originally appeared in a legitimate web posting somewhere for organizing her church's picnic or a new Sunday school class. Now, unbeknownst to her, she's famously known as "doughnuthead" on websites located around the world, and quite possibly, "she" may be sending all kinds of lewd messages to encourage people to join various sites. Everybody has a sister, or mother, or daughter who could just as easily be "doughnuthead". This type of thing is just wrong.

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

Here's a question. We all know running fake profiles is a bad way to do business. What about sites that promote endless signups where those members never return but the profile is kept active to keep the numbers up?

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 3 Nov 2014

RE:

A sad part about this as well is that those profile photos are photos of real people that were taken from someplace to create the mod. Most likely they were just swiped from around the web.

Exactly.  If those images aren't licensed by the developer, and if the developer didn't get those images from a source that was authorized to distribute those images on  a commercial basis, the mod is illegal. Even if the developer somehow managed to get the proper licensing and authorization on 3000+ images, that licensing has to transfer to everyone that uses the mod.  There's a lot of things that have to go on for the mod to even be legal.

There used to be other mods that gave you countless thousands of fake members. Just ask radefantasy... or look at his site.  Almost half a million completely useless database records... talk about fraudulent.  No wonder he's always complaining that his site doesn't work, and blaming everyone else for it.  I'd like to smack the guy in the face with a fly swatter... repeatedly.

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

RE:

A sad part about this as well is that those profile photos are photos of real people that were taken from someplace to create the mod. Most likely they were just swiped from around the web.

Exactly.  If those images aren't licensed by the developer, and if the developer didn't get those images from a source that was authorized to distribute those images on  a commercial basis, the mod is illegal. Even if the developer somehow managed to get the proper licensing and authorization on 3000+ images, that licensing has to transfer to everyone that uses the mod.  There's a lot of things that have to go on for the mod to even be legal.

There used to be other mods that gave you countless thousands of fake members. Just ask radefantasy... or look at his site.  Almost half a million completely useless database records... talk about fraudulent.  No wonder he's always complaining that his site doesn't work, and blaming everyone else for it.  I'd like to smack the guy in the face with a fly swatter... repeatedly.

LMAO!!!!

Quote · 3 Nov 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.