Free Buzz Box Module

This is a clone of the Boonex Shout Box module, that has been renamed to 'Buzz Box'. 

There is one subtle difference: This 'Buzz Box' module does not insert a block into the sys_page_compose table.  This module adds an entry to the sys_injections table.

To add a "Buzz Box" to any existing Dolphin page, you use the page builder in your admin section.   First place an html block on the page.  Click on the HTML block for editing, and toggle TinyMCE off.  The following template key needs to be placed as HTML code:

__Buzz_Box__

Save the block.   Done,

Basically, anywhere there is HTML code, if the above key is placed within, a Buzz Box will appear.

Clear the contents of your /cache folder, and Buzz Box is ready to use on whatever page or pages you put it on.  Buzz Box and the original Boonex Shoutbox can be installed concurrently, and work independently.  You can place Buzz Box on as many pages as you want to, but the content will remain the same.

buzzbox.zip · 34.3K · 533 downloads
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 29 Mar 2014

do these keep the 'buzzes' people post, or do they get deleted as shout box entries do?

Thanks

Quote · 30 Mar 2014

Since it is a clone of Shoutbox, it operates exactly the same way.  It's just a separate box that you can place anywhere, using only a template key.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Mar 2014

Very cool. Thank you sir.

Quote · 12 Apr 2014

Hi Houstonlively,

Installed it in modules but gives me, as "operation results":

Impossible de install module pour "boonex/buzzbox/" répertoire Echec

( can't install module wrong directory ? been installed in /modules/buzzbox/ )

??? Gas

Quote · 16 Sep 2014

RE

Installed it in modules but gives me, as "operation results":

What directory did you put it?

This is the correct place.. modules/boonex/buzzbox/

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Sep 2014

Boy, time to go to bed.

Instead of /modules/boonex/buzzbox, put it in /modules/buzzbox  

Thanks for help  :)

Gas

Quote · 16 Sep 2014

RE

Boy, time to go to bed.

Instead of /modules/boonex/buzzbox, put it in /modules/buzzbox  

Thanks for help  :)

Gas

NP, been there many times!!!

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 16 Sep 2014

will this work with third party template..

its not showing in mine..

i put buzz folder here /modules/boonex/buzzbox

when i run the installer.php..its giving me error

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSESBxDolInstaller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/oolizcom/public_html/modules/boonex/buzzbox/install/installer.php on line 8

Quote · 16 Sep 2014

Upload the 'buzzbox' folder to /modules/boonex

Install the module from admin just like you would any other module

Insert a new HTML block on any page

Toggle editor to HTML

place this key without the quotes:   "__Buzz_Box__"

Save

Done.

Quote · 17 Sep 2014

RE:

will this work with third party template..

its not showing in mine..

i put buzz folder here /modules/boonex/buzzbox

when i run the installer.php..its giving me error

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSESBxDolInstaller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/oolizcom/public_html/modules/boonex/buzzbox/install/installer.php on line 8

The only way I can think of, that you would get this message, is if you tried to access /modules/boonex/buzzbox/install/installer.php directly.

However, that can't possibly be the reason, because you've been a member here for four years, and I can't possibly imagine why you would do that.

So it must be something else.  Please outline the exact steps you took to install this module. 

As you all can see, it works just fine: http://houstonlively.com/page/buzzbox

Quote · 17 Sep 2014

The only way I can think of, that you would get this message, is if you tried to access /modules/boonex/buzzbox/install/installer.php directly.
However, that can't possibly be the reason, because you've been a member here for four years, and I can't possibly imagine why you would do that.
So it must be something else.  Please outline the exact steps you took to install this module. 
As you all can see, it works just fine: http://houstonlively.com/page/buzzbox

hi..thanks for help..

i know my account is old...but its my brother account not mine...he knows programming and other web stuff..

m from networking track..don't know anything about programming or how web scripts work..m using this account from last year...

regards,

travis k

Quote · 17 Sep 2014

Hi I installed it, activated it but it just shows the __Buzz_Box__ text in the module where it is supposed to show. What an I missing?

If I go back to the module I can see it loaded it with code, but it is not displaying on the site.

Quote · 23 Sep 2014

What an I missing?

The directions.

Quote · 23 Sep 2014

followed the directions to the letter .... it installed properly in the admin panel ...

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

Upload the 'buzzbox' folder to /modules/boonex

Install the module from admin just like you would any other module

Insert a new HTML block on any page

Toggle editor to HTML

place this key without the quotes:   "__Buzz_Box__"

Save

Done.

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

If I go back to the module I can see it loaded it with code, but it is not displaying on the site.

I have no Idea what you're trying to say here

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

As you can see at the bottom of this page, if directions are followed, it works http://houstonlively.com/index.php

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

As you can see at the bottom of this page, if directions are followed, it works http://houstonlively.com/index.php

403 Error ...

And yes I believe you that it does work ... It is just not working on my side and I did toggle it ti HTML.

It might even be that the firewall prevents it from working.

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

403 Error ...

You must live outside the US.  Oh well.... no demo for you.

Quote · 24 Sep 2014

i followed your instructions but got something a little different.

www.sybersingles.com

can you tell me what i am doing wrong please?  thanks

Quote · 5 Oct 2014

www.sybersingles.com

The only thing I can suggest to try, is to turn off all caching and then clear the cache folders, and see if anything changes.

Quote · 5 Oct 2014

www.sybersingles.com

The only thing I can suggest to try, is to turn off all caching and then clear the cache folders, and see if anything changes.

I re-installed my dolphin script, re-installed buzz box cleared cache manually and it still looks the same.  Frown 

this is my code, is something missing?

<div class="bx-def-bc-margin"><input class="form_input_hidden bx-def-font" type="hidden" name="csrf_token" value="********" />

<div class="form_advanced_wrapper form_advanced_wrapper">

<table class="form_advanced_table" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td class="colspan" colspan="2">

<div class="clear_both"></div>

<div class="input_wrapper input_wrapper_custom ">

<div class="buzzbox_wrapper"></div>

</div>

<i class="warn sys-icon exclamation-sign" float_info=" "></i>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="colspan" colspan="2">

<div class="input_wrapper input_wrapper_text bx-def-round-corners-with-border"><input onkeypress="if(typeof oBuzzBox != 'undefined') return oBuzzBox.sendMessage(event, this);" id="buzzbox_msg_field" class="form_input_text bx-def-font" type="text" name="message" /></div>

<i class="warn sys-icon exclamation-sign" float_info=" "></i>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[

var oBuzzBox = new BxBuzzBox();

oBuzzBox.oMessages.empty_message = 'Please enter your message!';

oBuzzBox.sPageReceiver  = 'http://sybersingles.com/modules/?r=buzzbox/';

oBuzzBox.iUpdateTime    = 7000;

oBuzzBox.iLastMessageId = 0;

oBuzzBox.sWaitMessage   = 'Please wait';

$('#buzzbox_msg_field').parent().addClass('buzzbox_send_field');

var elBuzzbox = $('.' + oBuzzBox.sMessagesContainer);

if(elBuzzbox) {

var iBoxPadding = 20;

var iBuzzboxParentWidth = elBuzzbox.parents('.form_advanced_wrapper').width();

elBuzzbox.css('width', iBuzzboxParentWidth - iBoxPadding);

}

oBuzzBox.scrollContent();

$(document).ready(function () {

oBuzzBox.getMessages();

});

// ]]></script>

</div>

Quote · 20 Oct 2014

I'd have to look at your installation to be of any help.

Quote · 20 Oct 2014

I'd have to look at your installation to be of any help.

I sent you a PM. concerning this.  thanks

Quote · 20 Oct 2014

For the record, this was a new one one me. The problem with syber's site was that the template key '__Buzz_Box__' was somehow parsed as the html block was saved, and all the parsed code was saved as the html block content.

Disabling all caching resolved the bizarre behavior, just in case anyone else encounters this issue.  This has to be some strange bug with dolphins caching system.  I've never encountered things like this, because I never ever use caching.

Maybe someone has input on this??  Is storing a template key in an admin created html block with caching turned on, and having that key parsed as the block is saved, a bug?

Quote · 21 Oct 2014

HL, Thanks for this. I have a question for you though. I run a responsive template and would like to know if it's possible to make this adhere to being responsive as well?

When I tried it, the box was off the screen. Just curious. Trying to find a way to allow mobile uses to have some sort of 'chat' without using flash.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Nov 2014

RE

I run a responsive template and would like to know if it's possible to make this adhere to being responsive as well?

Since I have no idea what template you are using, I can't possibly answer that question.

Quote · 7 Nov 2014

Since you were also working on a responsive template, I figured it may just be that I needed to add something to the Buzz Box css or something. Didn't know it would vary depending on what template I was running.

However, if it is required, I am running THIS ONE

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Nov 2014

However, if it is required, I am running THIS ONE

Someday when I need to amuse myself, I may have a look.

Quote · 7 Nov 2014

Dont put yourself out now Undecided

Nothing to see here
Quote · 7 Nov 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.