Page Access Blocking How To

Want to lock your site down a bit more?

Confused on how exactly PAC, Page Access Control Module, works for us?

This following are to be added to your PAC module to control what the visitors see.

(Make sure to enable the advanced expressions. ) see photo below.

• /*/home/
  • /*/tags
  • /*/featured
  • /*/categories
  • /*/calendar
  • /*/rate
  • /*/top
  • /*/search
  • blogs/*/
  • search.php
  • m/google_search/
  • searchKeyword.php
  • forum/

Page Access Blocking How To

Michael

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 3 Jul 2012

In relation to this posting, http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/ACCESS-DENIED-Don-t-you-just-hate-it-.htm

I want to give up date.

Not only has this increased membership signup's but has increased my Adsense way more than expected! 

Access Denied

Quote · 7 Jul 2012

This is a more generic one.

<h1>Opps!</h1><br><div style="width: 100%"> Your current membership, NON MEMBER, doesn't allow you to view this!<b>{1}</b>. You don't have an account here at YOURSITE.COM, so you don't have permissions to access this page. <a href="http://www.YOURSITE.COM/join.php" target="_self"><br><h2>Join up today! It's FREE</h2></a></div><br><div align="center">

<script type="text/javascript"><!--google_ad_client = "ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";/* GOOGLE CRAP */google_ad_slot = "xxxxxxxxxx";google_ad_width = 728;google_ad_height = 90;//--></script><script type="text/javascript"src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script></div><h5>You don't know what your missing!</h5>

Quote · 7 Jul 2012

Newton, I could be way off base on this because it's literally been years since I looked at the Adsense terms of service.. but don't they prohibit placing ads on any page that isn't a "content" page?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 7 Jul 2012

I found what I was thinking of... but I guess "non-content pages" is up for interpretation. I also found out I have been breaking several of the rules for a while now. Last week I dropped 25 of my 40 sites, and luckily those 25 were my big rule breakers so I guess I'm ok Embarassed 

Google ads, search boxes or search results may not be:

• Integrated into a software application (does not apply to AdMob) of any kind, including toolbars.
  • Displayed in pop-ups or pop-unders
  • Placed in emails, email programs, or chat programs
  • Obscured by elements on a page
  • Placed on any non-content-based page. (Does not apply to AdSense for search or mobile AdSense for search.)
  • Placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads
  • Placed on pages whose content or URL could confuse users into thinking it is associated with Google due to the misuse of logos, trademarks or other brand features
  • Placed on, within or alongside other Google products or services in a manner that violates the policies of that product or service.
BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 7 Jul 2012

Thanks for the info, I considered it already.

In all actuality it's not on a "page" it's in the language keys.

If that was the case, all of Dolphin sites could be considered breaking that rule, i.e.

You have google banners at the top and bottom using the Banners provided.

You land on the same Access Forbidden Page, and it has no content... 

Quote · 7 Jul 2012

It's a great idea indeed... 

Csampson
Quote · 14 Nov 2012

(Make sure to enable the advanced expressions. ) see photo below.

PAC-lockout.jpg · 256.4K · 989 views
Quote · 19 Sep 2013

add these to the list for 7.1.x too..

/m/wall/index/

/m/photos/albums/browse/owner/

/m/videos/albums/browse/owner/

/viewFriends.php

/ads/member_ads/

Quote · 6 Feb 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.