Pre-Join Membership (AndrewP)

AndrewP "Pre-Join Membership" support thread here

Quote · 11 Feb 2015

I'm currently looking at two similar but different Membership mods to assess which one better suits my need to better promote the payment possibilities at sign-up.

I notice in your example that Professional and Enterprise are quoted with a price per year. Does that mean you have found a way to implement PayPal subscription into this, or does the member get a renewal notice at the end of the year?

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 12 Feb 2015

Hello, there is no need to use the subscription in case if you are going to provide a member with 1-year membership level.

As you probably remember, in admin panel, in properties of membership levels, you can put different durations for different pricings. So, I just created these two levels for 365 days for each of them.

Quote · 12 Feb 2015

Today the product was updated for Dolphin 7.2.x (and it is also 7.0.x compatible)

Quote · 28 Dec 2015

You don't show any screenshots of the admin part of this module.  Can you post some screenshots of the admin here in the support forum for me to peruse?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 8 Jan 2016

There is no any admin part, because this is not a module, this is modification. All settings (to manage with the page presentation) are in one file. It looks like the following:

You don't need to have any complex admin panel to manage, these are basic arrays of desired membership levels and its features.

Quote · 14 Jan 2016

Admin panels make this FAR less complex, so i disagree with your above statement.

Regardless. Too late for me. I bought it already.

You should really consider the face that most buyers here are NOT developers Andrew, or we wouldn't need you. That said, please document this better?

SOOooo, how do i add 30 days here: i want to say 'price_period' => '30 days',

But without full instructions, I dont know!

$aMembershipLevels = array(

'Standard' => array (

'id' => 0,

'price' => 'free',

'price_period' => 'year',

Quote · 21 Apr 2016

SOOooo, how do i add 30 days here: i want to say 'price_period' => '30 days',

But without full instructions, I dont know!

'Standard' => array (

'id' => 0,

'price' => 'free',

'price_period' => 'year',

Hello??

Quote · 24 Apr 2016

Hello,

sorry for delay, didn't notice your message in time.

Yes, in your case, you only need to write:

'Standard' => array (
     'id' => 0,
     'price' => 'free',
     'price_period' => '30 days',
Quote · 5 May 2016

Thank you much.

Quote · 5 May 2016

Hi Andrew

I am in need of a mod to better manage my memberships with PayPal.  The existing Boonex one is losing me so much money and the support guys havent been able to fix it and now dont even respond!  Will your mod give me more reliable membership processing?

For my site, everyone must join to gain access. There is a free Standard member level as well as two further paid levels currently available on 60, 120, 365 day.  Membership is not recurring.  I would like to change this to be able to offer recurring and non recurring on 30, 90, 180, 365 days.

What are your thoughts?

Steve E
Quote · 11 Jan 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.