Problem Deleting Forum Thread

I created a new topic in my forum and something happened while I was in the process of creating the topic.  I don't know what... I hit a button or something but all the sudden it said:

Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.

I hit the browser back button and finished the topic and submitted it.  I then discovered I had two of the same topics.  One was the one I just I had just finished and the other was the one that was incomplete.  I deleted it thinking it was just my error when I hit the wrong button.  The text is gone but the link to that forum topic is still there and when I click on it I get the same message:

Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.

How do I delete it?

Quote · 13 Jul 2012

check the ownership of your orca DIR, i think it has been owned by the server, thus you are not allowed to edit

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 22 Jul 2012

I think you are running into a similar situation that I had just encountered. 

I have found that Dolphin will present this behavior when the Topic (within bx_forum_topic) exists in the database, but no posts exist with that topic ID (within bx_forum_post).

You'll need to manually edit the DB to resolve this issue. Browse to bx_forum_topic and search for the URI of the topic you want to delete. Select the record & drop it from the database. 

If you have multiple topics with the same URI/title, you'll see one of them with a time stamp appended. It's going to be up to you to figure out which one is the right one to delete.

Quote · 22 Jul 2012

Thanks for your help...  I've had to do that once before because tags weren't deleting.  Maybe the problem is related?

Quote · 24 Jul 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.