Scheduler for Groups (AndrewP)

AndrewP "Scheduler for Groups" support thread is here.

product itself

Quote · 30 Jul 2010

RE

I created support thread.

Yes, during install you should to copy new module from my folder into dolphin as I describing in manual, what difficult with it?

after placing in correct place module will automatically appear in administration/modules.php page in admin

Andrey, the module installs fine, and of course it appears on the administration/modules.php page in admin

Where it does not appear, is: administration/index.php?cat=extensions   As a matter of fact, I don't see anything in the install sql that would indicate any type of module administration is inserted.  Personally, I don't mind database diving to edit/add categories and colors, because I have grown accustomed to it.  Your other customers might not find it as pleasurable.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jul 2010

Yes, this is not a problem to create some admin side. Let to determinate what we will need?

1. manage categories little form

2. possible several settings will move here.

are you have another thoughts?

Quote · 30 Jul 2010

One problem, as you can see in the above screen shot, is that the times on the event and popup div, is in 24 hour format.  It should be in the same format as the rest of the scheduler, 12 hour am/pm format.

It's only a suggestion, but you might consider giving the anchor text in the calendar it's own css, independant of the site template.  It will give users a lot more flexibility.  I had to make this change in the template I'm working on for this, because the purple anchor text my site uses, didn't work so well with various category colors.  

I also neatened up the popup div a little.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 30 Jul 2010

Everybody in the US will want to use the 12 hour am/pm format.   Some people may like the 24 hour format... not sure.  Maybe you can make this an admin option?

Quote · 30 Jul 2010

24 hour time just reminds me of the army...  I for one do not like it.

Also Andrew the link up there gets you a 404 Not Found.  http://www.boonex.com/extensions/entry/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 30 Jul 2010

Yes, I know, you opening

http://www.boonex.com/extensions/entry/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

instead

http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

why? :)  link in first post already follow to correct page, so - just welcome !

Quote · 30 Jul 2010

RE:

Yes, I know, you opening

http://www.boonex.com/extensions/entry/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

instead

http://www.boonex.com/unity/extensions/entry/Scheduler_for_Groups_module

why? :)  link in first post already follow to correct page, so - just welcome !

No..... link in first post NOT already follow to correct page.  Link wrong.  If Andrey want me to show him how to use forum.... let me know... won't charge much :)

Anyway, the verdict is in.  Review has been posted on This Product

Quote · 30 Jul 2010

Don't forget to fix the time format   An admin option to set the default view to month/day/year would be nice.  Giving the links on the calendar event their own css, independent of the template css, is a must.  The inherited color may not be very visible on the various category colors when switching templates.

Quote · 4 Aug 2010

product was updated today.

I added admin page to manage with categories, fixed time format, links to events have own independent style :)

so, should be much better now.

Quote · 6 Aug 2010

It would be useful if this module could send an email at a given time prior to a scheduled event, similar to Hotmail. This is important.

product was updated today.

I added admin page to manage with categories, fixed time format, links to events have own independent style :)

so, should be much better now.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 20 Aug 2010

The module is a great idea, however I was noticing one issue that maybe you have an answer to.  Whenever I add an event to the group scheduler, the basic info is available to all the groups but does not show on each groups calendar, only the group it was created for.  I am wondering why events are even viewable to any group other than the one it is created for in the first place.

Thanks

Quote · 18 Mar 2011

The module is a great idea, however I was noticing one issue that maybe you have an answer to.  Whenever I add an event to the group scheduler, the basic info is available to all the groups but does not show on each groups calendar, only the group it was created for.  I am wondering why events are even viewable to any group other than the one it is created for in the first place.

Thanks

I never noticed that before, but you're right.  It's a bug.  I hope they let AndreyP out of the dog house soon, so he can support his products.

Quote · 18 Mar 2011
Hi guys, all just because my demo was not updated, tuday I updated it, can you please re-check it and tell, is it contain any errors now or not
Quote · 21 Mar 2011

Welcome back AndrewP.Cool

You possess an intuitive intelligence so powerful it can help you heal, and relieve stress.
Quote · 21 Mar 2011

Hi guys, all just because my demo was not updated, tuday I updated it, can you please re-check it and tell, is it contain any errors now or not

OK.. latest version does not have this problem.

One suggestion though.  Next time you update this mod, create an upgrade patch.  I just uninstalled/reinstalled the mod to do the upgrade, without thinking that any events or categories that I added will be gone.  It's my own fault, and I didn't lose anything important, but if someone has a lot of groups actively using this scheduler, they'll need an upgrade patch so they don't delete all the stored data when they upgrade.

Quote · 21 Mar 2011

Thanks my friends, .. 2houstonlively, forgot to tell that no need Uninstall/Install it again, was need just reload fresh files, nothing more :) I don`t changed DB structure and records. Was just minor fix in sources.

About following updates, yes, will try to make update patches too.

Quote · 22 Mar 2011

Thanks my friends, .. 2houstonlively, forgot to tell that no need Uninstall/Install it again, was need just reload fresh files, nothing more :) I don`t changed DB structure and records. Was just minor fix in sources.

About following updates, yes, will try to make update patches too.

I had V 7.0.2 installed.  The install.sql file of your latest version was different than the one I had, so I reinstalled.  It's no big deal.  I do wish I had exported the categories/colors though.  I just made a little extra work for myself

Quote · 22 Mar 2011

This module has been updated. It is available for Dolphin 7.1 now.

Quote · 4 Jan 2013

Module did not install into 7.1.3, waiting on update. Andrew must be real busy. Let's us know when you are done.

Vunderba..... Challenge Yourself to be the Best...... Hosting from Zarconia.net
Quote · 17 Jun 2013

For anyone having an issue, make sure you are downloading the files via FTP in Binary Mode, also check the install folder Config.php file to ensure that the version is correct if you are using 7.1.3 you need to change the file to 7.1.x

These actions fixed my issue,

TY Andrew, for the instructions, very easy fix

Quote · 20 Jun 2013

Andrew, I see that you have updated the Group scheduler. Is there any particular files to replace or a full reinstall required. What has changed? Do the changes apply to the Page module also?

Quote · 3 Oct 2013

Hi Itsawhiz, I I would recommend that you re-write (without reinstalling) the following file: AGSchedulerModule.php

The date-time picker was corrected (according with changes in it for 7.1.4). The pages module wasn't affected.

Quote · 4 Oct 2013

New features (v2.0.2):
* Email notifications (cron based) about upcoming events for Fans
* Single event page is in the Page Builder

(upgrade instruction 2.0.1 -> 2.0.2 is available in the updated package)

Quote · 26 Nov 2013

New features (v2.0.3):
* The main schedule page (Full view) was added to the single group view page

Quote · 25 Feb 2014

Need help . I will inbox you.

Quote · 21 Apr 2015

Hello, I replied your question by PM

Quote · 21 Apr 2015

I have left you a PM. Thanks

Quote · 21 Apr 2015

I PM about the scheduler. Thanks 

Quote · 22 Apr 2015

looking for advice on this from anyone who has it.

The demo is reaaaly slow and often times out so not realy good to get an idea of how this works...

I tried adding 2 events to a single day, both the same type (party) so same colour.

however, back on the monthly view, only one event would show (first one).

I wasnt able to check on weekly / daily view as the demo crashes.

I need to be able to allow only my group admins to add events to calendar, then to be able to add multiple events to same day and have them show on monthly view.

Possible?

Quote · 27 Apr 2015

The module is updated for dolphin 7.2.x and 7.3.x

(recently, I restart the server nearly every day, so it should be available for tests)

Quote · 3 Apr 2016

Hi, is this mod compatible with:

• 7.3.5 ?
  • Advanced Groups Module (modzzz) ?

greets, peter

Quote · 26 May 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.