Upgrading 7.0.8 - 7.0.9

Since upgrading to 7.0.8 I've purchased a slew of modules & I'd like to get some expert input on the best ways to Upgrade to 7.0.9 without breaking my module installations.

A lot of the modules required that I edit dolphin files & I can't very well over write these files with the ones provided in the 7.0.9 patch.

It will take a very long time to edit these files again & I'd like to know if there is an easier way to handle this.

Thanks for your attention..

Quote · 25 Jan 2012

Unfortunately not.

When you install 3rd party modules that require the editing of core Dolphin files, you need to keep a 'log' of some sort regarding the changes you make. After upgrading, you would need to go back through the modules that required a core change and reapply if needed. Note: In a upgrade, not all files are replaced so re-editing may be limited.

Understanding that you may like the module, its best to stray from the ones that require you to change the core files specifically for this reason.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 25 Jan 2012

You should also verify compatibility with the developers before upgrading.  Developers are not responsible for problems caused by running their products on unsupported versions.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 25 Jan 2012

That's what I was afraid of.. I'll keep that in mind when buying new modules.

Thanks for your responses!

Quote · 25 Jan 2012

I wish they could break the upgrade into a few isolated sections so each could be installed and tested to see what breaks.   I have over 50 upgrade mods added to 7.0.8 and it's certain that installing all changes (~300 files) is going to put my site in a deep coma. Frown

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 25 Jan 2012

I was looking at the new version (7.0.9) tinyMCE code and noticed that it's been upgraded from 3.3.9.3 to 3.3.9.4 when I thought the latest tinyMCE version is 3.4.7   Is there a reason why the latest tinyMCE version is not being used?  

Quote · 25 Jan 2012

We used the latest stable version from 3.3 branch. The new 3.4 version could cause some compatibility issues with current code. 

I was looking at the new version (7.0.9) tinyMCE code and noticed that it's been upgraded from 3.3.9.3 to 3.3.9.4 when I thought the latest tinyMCE version is 3.4.7   Is there a reason why the latest tinyMCE version is not being used?  

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Jan 2012

Which may explain why I'm having problems with 3.4.7 (which I installed)... but only in the default Orca Forum... where tinyMCE doesn't work... forcing me to rollback :-(

We used the latest stable version from 3.3 branch. The new 3.4 version could cause some compatibility issues with current code. 

Quote · 25 Jan 2012

I wish they could break the upgrade into a few isolated sections so each could be installed and tested to see what breaks.   I have over 50 upgrade mods added to 7.0.8 and it's certain that installing all changes (~300 files) is going to put my site in a deep coma. Frown

You should be keeping track of all modified files, so when upgrade time comes around, this isn't a problem.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 25 Jan 2012

I do... but only on a file-by-file bases.  I keep backups of all changed files but didn't note in all cases which code change (within a file) was for which mod... from now on I'll do that for all changes.

You should be keeping track of all modified files, so when upgrade time comes around, this isn't a problem.

Quote · 26 Jan 2012

Hi People: Just a question about translation keys from 7.0.8 to 7.0.9.

1- Does one need to translate just the lang_en files from:

'upgrade/files/7.0.8-7.0.9/' and 'upgrade/files/7.0.8-7.0.9/modules/*/' directories as the upgrade documentation says or ALSO the files in : 7.0.8-7.0.9/modules/boonex/*/install/langs ?

This is very important because we need to translate ALL the new keys in 7.0.9 for all the new customer sites.

Thanks in Advance!!

Papik

Quote · 30 Jan 2012

Asking it in a different way, someone from boonex that can tell us the new keys to translate/add for 7.0.9 ?

Where can we found them? (I didn't found any differences by now...) could it be possible?

Thanks in Advance,

Papik

Quote · 10 Feb 2012

The following new keys were added:

'_FieldCaption_EmailNotify_Join' => 'Receive site notifications',
'_ps_group_2_title' => 'Me Only',
'_ps_group_3_title' => 'Public',
'_ps_group_4_title' => 'Members',
'_ps_group_5_title' => 'Friends',
'_ps_group_6_title' => 'Faves',
'_ps_group_7_title' => 'Contacts',
'_adm_txt_dashboard_users_unconfirmed' => 'Unconfirmed',
'_sbs_wrn_email_notify_disabled' => 'You will not receive any subscription emails because you set to not receive any site notifications, you can change this setting <a href="{0}">here</a>.',

Also this one was updated but meaning was changed:

'_FieldCaption_EmailNotify_Edit' => 'Receive site notifications',

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 11 Feb 2012

Thank you very much AlexT. It is sometimes very difficult to be sure all new keys are translated!!

Thanks Again,

Papik

Quote · 20 Feb 2012

Hello, and thank you for the space.
I have been updated my site to the latest 7.0.9 Dolphin version and I have the following errors:

For example: When you are at the home of the site (index.php) and click on the bottom links (for example contact.php) you are redirected correctly to SITE_URL/contact.php, BUT if you are in some other path like SITE_URL/m/groups and click oh the same bottom link “Contact us” (contact.php) you are redirected to SITE_URL/m/groups/contact.php receiving a “Page not found” error message.

It happens with some other links like login / logout buttons when you are not placed in the index page and with most of the links of the bottom bar (where is it placed the Copyright phrase).

Which would be the problem? Could it be an 7.0.9 upgrade issue? Thanks in advance.

Quote · 11 Apr 2012

Hello, and thank you for the space.
I have been updated my site to the latest 7.0.9 Dolphin version and I have the following errors:

For example: When you are at the home of the site (index.php) and click on the bottom links (for example contact.php) you are redirected correctly to SITE_URL/contact.php, BUT if you are in some other path like SITE_URL/m/groups and click oh the same bottom link “Contact us” (contact.php) you are redirected to SITE_URL/m/groups/contact.php receiving a “Page not found” error message.

It happens with some other links like login / logout buttons when you are not placed in the index page and with most of the links of the bottom bar (where is it placed the Copyright phrase).

Which would be the problem? Could it be an 7.0.9 upgrade issue? Thanks in advance.

FIXED here: http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/URLs-Links-problem.htm

Quote · 12 Apr 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.