a little help to rebrand after editing files

ok so i was able to submit the iPhone app for rebranding but this android one has me dizzy.

I changed all the icons and renamed it but this eclipse thing as me confused. i don't know how to compile the .apk file. i know it does it automatically in the bin folder but when i try to upload the apk file to google play it says the no manifest was found.....

need help asap please

Upload failed

Your APK cannot be analyzed using 'aapt dump badging'. Error output:

Failed to run aapt dump badging:
ERROR: dump failed because no AndroidManifest.xml found

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

i honestly think that if boonex took its time to post easy instruction from start to finish it would invite more people to go prime and or buy the app.

having a branded app is a great promotional tool, being in the apps market brings lots of traffic as long as u use proper keyword to shop up in the market.

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

Check and make sure that the AndroidManifest.xml file is located in the 'Main' folder.

Actually there are 6 of them through the pkg

Nothing to see here
Quote · 8 Dec 2013

Check and make sure that the AndroidManifest.xml file is located in the 'Main' folder.

it is and i have not changed anything besides changing the names as u stated.

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

After changing the oo and other stuff in manifest what is done next on eclipse? Is there a build that has to be done Like in the iphone app? 

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

After changing the oo and other stuff in manifest what is done next on eclipse? Is there a build that has to be done Like in the iphone app? 

If you'll change the package name in Manifest only, it might cause errors since other files still carrying old package name. Maybe this is the root of your problem? Have you tried to compile original Manifest, do Clean and compile?

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 8 Dec 2013

Here is what I did:

I used Notepadd++ to replace all instances of com.boonex.oo (over 400+ entries) by using the Search > Find in Files >

Find what: com.boonex.oo

Replace with: com.yourdomain.yourappname

Then I opened the packed in Eclipse and manually replaced any instances of 'boonex' or 'oo' if they were by themselves. I am still working on the app but so far, I have not had any issues running it in the simulator..

Nothing to see here
Quote · 8 Dec 2013

I used Notepadd++ to replace all instances of com.boonex.oo (over 400+ entries) by using the Search > Find in Files > 

It's way too long and could cause mistakes. There are a lot of small programs that allows you to replace string in multiple files in batch. I'm using TextFinderX on MacOs which makes its work just perfect and has really easy interface and it's free.

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

If you'll change the package name in Manifest only, it might cause errors since other files still carrying old package name. Maybe this is the root of your problem? Have you tried to compile original Manifest, do Clean and compile?

Ok lets start over, clean everything, after changing the manifest and other files to match me, in eclipse i click PROJECT--- ANDROID---ANDROID PROJECT FROM EXISTING CODE then what file do i open?

thanks

Quote · 8 Dec 2013

Just browse to the 'directory' where the mobile code is.. There isn't a need to choose a file.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 9 Dec 2013

It's way too long and could cause mistakes. There are a lot of small programs that allows you to replace string in multiple files in batch. I'm using TextFinderX on MacOs which makes its work just perfect and has really easy interface and it's free.

Not sure what you mean.. It took less than 2 seconds to replace all 400+ instances of com.boonex.oo

Nothing to see here
Quote · 9 Dec 2013

Not sure what you mean.. It took less than 2 seconds to replace all 400+ instances of com.boonex.oo

How did you open all files in Notepad++? By dragging folders? 

The replacement process itself takes 2 seconds, but I had to drag files by in a groups which was taking longer time.

Quote · 9 Dec 2013

How did you open all files in Notepad++? By dragging folders? 

The replacement process itself takes 2 seconds, but I had to drag files by in a groups which was taking longer time.

You don't have to open all the files to make the changes. If you do the steps I said above, it automatically changes the for you without opening the files. Here is a screenshot for you of how the 'Find in Files' would look.

Once you have everything set, click 'Replace in Files'.

Notepad++.png · 23.8K · 485 views
Nothing to see here
Quote · 9 Dec 2013

Oooh, thank you, that's where it is... :) I'm not sure if it was in older versions when I used Windows, but maybe I didn't look well.

I wish I had Notepad++ on my Mac and Linux... miss it here so much.

Quote · 9 Dec 2013

Guys I started over and used c++ great tool, now how to i build to create the .apk file? 

I went to bin but no apk file, this is so confusing, i know that to most of uits a simple task but for some reason i just dont get it, 

what i need to know is how compile or build the apk file after changing the manifest and other files using eclipse. And what is SDK Manager for in the downloaded package. Anything needed to be done there?

sorry but whats simple to u may be complicated for us.

thanks for the help

Quote · 9 Dec 2013

Guys I started over and used c++ great tool, now how to i build to create the .apk file? 

I went to bin but no apk file, this is so confusing, i know that to most of uits a simple task but for some reason i just dont get it, 

what i need to know is how compile or build the apk file after changing the manifest and other files using eclipse. And what is SDK Manager for in the downloaded package. Anything needed to be done there?

sorry but whats simple to u may be complicated for us.

thanks for the help

Lets keep this in the Android Mobile App Forum topic so we can keep it all in one place. I responded in this forum.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Android-Rebranding-Support.htm#topic/Android-Rebranding-Support.htm

Nothing to see here
Quote · 9 Dec 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.