Compiling orca forum

i was unable to compile orca languages.

everytime i try to compile language in orca it shows an error.

the error was recompile of orca language failed.

after that i dont know what i did but it is showing this error.

Warning: require_once(/home/*******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/params.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/*******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/config.php on line 97

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/*******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/params.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in/home/*******/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/config.php on line 97

Regards........ M.Chauhan U.K.
Quote · 14 Sep 2010

It's your custom template named desi. It lacks a properly configured forum layout template.

Contact the author of the template.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 14 Sep 2010

i have created it myself.

it was working fine until today for last year or so.

dnt know what happened today.

i tried compiling orca. but it shows error. then after that everything went wrong.

It's your custom template named desi. It lacks a properly configured forum layout template.

Contact the author of the template.

Quote · 14 Sep 2010

Well the error says this file is missing. modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/params.php

So. it's pretty much self explanatory where the problem is. It's in the layout directory for the forum. Either files deleted, or permissions are set so they can not be read. In any case,
modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/ is where the problem is located.

Quote · 14 Sep 2010

sorted that out...

but now new error...

Warning: require_once(/home/zrwdjyvk/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/classes/en/ThingPage.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/zrwdjyvk/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/index.php on line 57

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/zrwdjyvk/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/classes/en/ThingPage.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in/home/zrwdjyvk/public_html/modules/boonex/forum/index.php on line 57

Well the error says this file is missing. modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/params.php

So. it's pretty much self explanatory where the problem is. It's in the layout directory for the forum. Either files deleted, or permissions are set so they can not be read. In any case,
modules/boonex/forum/layout/desi/ is where the problem is located.

Quote · 14 Sep 2010

any thoughts on this.

Quote · 15 Sep 2010

any thoughts on this.

Quote · 15 Sep 2010

Again. Another missing file.

Did you delete all of the _en folders?

Try switching back to the UNI template as the default and try compiling that one first.

Quote · 15 Sep 2010

i did try that this morning..

it works. but still unable to compile.

now i am uploading a backup. hope that will work.

will post here if there are any more issues

Again. Another missing file.

Did you delete all of the _en folders?

Try switching back to the UNI template as the default and try compiling that one first.

Quote · 15 Sep 2010

- change template to UNI

- open forums

- click on recompile languages

- after its approval go to admin>modules>orca forum

- everything must b normel there

-now load ur template and repeat above steps.

IT WORKED FR ME... JUST MY DOWNLOADED TEMPLATE DIDNT WORK FOR FORUMS. M GOIN TO FIZ IT BY EDITIN CSS FILES.

https://www.facebook.com/4thmolar
Quote · 19 Sep 2010

you were right daeno. i didnt have the en folder. but now i have sorted it

everything is working now apart from orca forum does not show any forum topics, no posts. it just shows empty boxes.

i can't even compile orca languages. i guess everything will be fine if i can recompile language.

can u put some light on this. what can be the problem. and how can i sort it out ??

regards

Quote · 19 Sep 2010

any ideas anyone why cant i compile languages for orca???

Quote · 19 Sep 2010

Quote · 20 Sep 2010

can anyone suggest how to manually recompile orca languages. ??

Quote · 26 Sep 2010

I ran into a issue with one of my sites after a upgrade from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2.

Turned out to be my own fault. I uploaded the upgrade scripts then i unpacked everything using my shell account which is a different user than my ftp account i normally use. This aparently caused a file ownership problem as well as a permission problem.

The only way i could resolve it was to switch back to the UNI template and completed remove the modules/boonex/forum folder and upload again via ftp from the full dolphin 7.0.2 zip file.

Then set permissions on the following folders in modules/boonex/forum to writable. (Mode 777)

classes
conf
layout
log
js
cachejs

Then i was able to recompile again. Then i switched back to my normal template, recompiled it and all my other templates.

The forums folders are very picky when it comes to permissions and ownership.

Quote · 26 Sep 2010

haha bingo.

thanks daeno.

u r the man.

it works like a charm now.

Quote · 26 Sep 2010

Hi

I am having a similar issue i think. I have installed the Orca module and all looks okay but when i hit the Forum Index tab on the site i get the following error

500 - Internal Server Error

This is a temporary server error.

Please try to reload the webpage later.

If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

• Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
  • Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file. Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings.

Also when in the forum if i click on the links or catagory headings like General etc i get this error

XML read failed:500
There was a problem retrieving the XML data:
http://nextdaystay.co.uk/forum/?action=forum_index&cat=General&trans=1

if some one can help i would be very greatful as this is stopping my site going live and i cant seem to find a solution

Quote · 24 Jan 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.