Disabling right click

OK, so I have members wanting to have the right click disabled, but only on the photos! (yes they are picky)

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Derrick

Back to pulling my hair out! (ouch, ouch,ouch)
Quote · 6 Jun 2010

Yes, it's a pretty common trick using javascript, but - it is not foolproof - it's usually easily bypassed by looking at the url's in the code. A google will show you some code snippets to do this.

If you are after image protection, there are better alternatives, but not that will integrate into Dolphin without a fair amount of work.

HTH

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 7 Jun 2010

Thanks!

It doesnt need to be fool proof, just needs to keep the good people good! LOL

My members just want a little security on their photos. But yet they still want to paste codes for all the facebook gabage!LOL

So I will look into Java script department and check it out!

Thanks

Derrick

Quote · 7 Jun 2010

Description: This is a cross browser DHTML script that will prevent the default right menu from popping up when the right mouse is clicked on the web page. Use it to stop surfers from easily saving your web page, viewing its source, or lifting images off your site when using either IE 4+ or NS 4+. Definitely useful for many site owners...

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

var message="Function Disabled!";

///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){
if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
document. alt=clickNS4;
}
else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
document. alt=clickIE4;
}

document. alt=new Function("alert(message);return false")

// -->
</script>

// --> // -->

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 7 Jun 2010

Also.. people can easily drag the photo from the browser to the desktop.. creating a direct HTML link to the photo :) After which they'll be able to right click and save it..

But the javascript no right click code is dummy proof for a majority of the people who are end users.

Quote · 7 Jun 2010

agree man but if you add this code to your site they can't do that no more

Go to : templates/base/_header.html

Find : <head>

Add the code : <span alt="return false;" alt="return false";>

sample

<head>

<title>__page_header__</title>
<base href="<bx_url_root />" />
<span alt="return false;" alt="return false";>

This will disable members from right click draging image from any page on the site or copy text, etc

Enjoy guys : >>> Google make my life easy

OK, so I have members wanting to have the right click disabled, but only on the photos! (yes they are picky)

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Derrick

Quote · 7 Jun 2010

It would be just as effective to hit the right button on your mouse with a hammer.

They will just buy another mouse.... (I hope you're getting the joke here)

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 7 Jun 2010

lol

That's a good one bro

It would be just as effective to hit the right button on your mouse with a hammer.

They will just buy another mouse.... (I hope you're getting the joke here)

Quote · 7 Jun 2010

Nice.. no dragging either? I gotta test that one out.

Quote · 8 Jun 2010

Thanks UFO!

I also did some google searching and found similar codes, But I wasnt sure if that would disable the whole right click or just on the image.

My members still want to paste their stupid codes in comments and blogs and such, but yet wants their image protected. I disabled the watermark, since it doesnt work right! So can you verify that it only works for images? It seems that it disables the whole right click.

Thanks-Derrick

Description: This is a cross browser DHTML script that will prevent the default right menu from popping up when the right mouse is clicked on the web page. Use it to stop surfers from easily saving your web page, viewing its source, or lifting images off your site when using either IE 4+ or NS 4+. Definitely useful for many site owners...

<!--

function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document. alt=clickNS4;
}
document. alt=clickIE4;
}

// -->
</script>

// --> // -->

Quote · 8 Jun 2010

Of course they make easy html codes for individual photos, But I need through out the site of course!

Quote · 8 Jun 2010

This is the best code you can get on the net this disable people from clickking the right click and saving image to the computer

and they can't copy the text or any blog on anything on the site try the code i send you bro and you will see the magic

Thanks UFO!

I also did some google searching and found similar codes, But I wasnt sure if that would disable the whole right click or just on the image.

My members still want to paste their stupid codes in comments and blogs and such, but yet wants their image protected. I disabled the watermark, since it doesnt work right! So can you verify that it only works for images? It seems that it disables the whole right click.

Thanks-Derrick

<!--

function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document. alt=clickNS4;
}
document. alt=clickIE4;
}

// -->
</script>

// --> // -->

Quote · 8 Jun 2010

I hate to sound so new, but this is usually placed at the bottom of the page, Is there a place that I can place this code that will cover the whole site, or do i need to place it on everypage?

Thanks-Derrick

Quote · 8 Jun 2010

sample

<head>

Call me >>> UFO360   Only My Friends Call Me >>>> Derrick

I hate to sound so new, but this is usually placed at the bottom of the page, Is there a place that I can place this code that will cover the whole site, or do i need to place it on everypage?

Thanks-Derrick

Quote · 9 Jun 2010

view page source hello...    firebug hello... ctrl print screen hello....   waste of time.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 9 Jun 2010

agree

but only the people who know how to this they can see the website source and get anything like rippers

but I know a code to hide sources I will look for this one and share this with you guys to hide all your page source

view page source hello...    firebug hello... ctrl print screen hello....   waste of time.

Quote · 9 Jun 2010

Ok, so I put the code at the bottom of templets/base/header, then put the span code at the top of the page, but I didnt seem to have anything happened, css caching is turned off, and I tried it in opera, as well as fire fox ( just in case I had something turned off like i do in firefox).

any thought?

I guess I can try to import another watermark program from some where else, that would fix their security problem.

Thank

Quote · 9 Jun 2010

Hey I never say put the code on the bottom bro look

this is the 3 time  I send you thee code how to do this

is going to looks like thi

<head>

Ok, so I put the code at the bottom of templets/base/header, then put the span code at the top of the page, but I didnt seem to have anything happened, css caching is turned off, and I tried it in opera, as well as fire fox ( just in case I had something turned off like i do in firefox).

any thought?

I guess I can try to import another watermark program from some where else, that would fix their security problem.

Thank

Quote · 9 Jun 2010

sry, UFO360 but it doenst work your code.

ps: i have delete all cache too. (in ftp and in dolphin and in browser)

Best regards!

--- call me asa! ;-)
Quote · 19 Mar 2011

and disable right click is a bad and dirty solution IMHO

Quote · 21 Mar 2011

Also what ever you try will fail. I can save any websites info even with all this stuff blocked. There really isn't anything you can do except watermark all pics uploaded to site.

You possess an intuitive intelligence so powerful it can help you heal, and relieve stress.
Quote · 21 Mar 2011

Hello UFO360,

I tried you code and placed on the same location which you mentioned in your last posts, even I cleared the cache as well, but it's not working, let me know what to do...?

Thanks in Advance...!!!

Quote · 13 Aug 2013

He hasn't posted anything in almost 2 years, I double he'll see this.

Hello UFO360,

I tried you code and placed on the same location which you mentioned in your last posts, even I cleared the cache as well, but it's not working, let me know what to do...?

Thanks in Advance...!!!

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 13 Aug 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.