APC is that a good php accelerator for Dolphin?

What is the difference between memcache and APC?  Do they do the same thing?

My audit suggest a PHP accelerator any suggestions?

Csampson
Quote · 29 Apr 2014

My audit suggests one also. But i don't bother.

Anyhow APC is out the door from what i hear. Technology is changing.

I do not know much about these accelerators. I have never really cared. If my site gets slow, i will get a bigger server. And if it ever gets so big that one server just is not powerful enough i will look into clustering. But servers keep getting more and more powerful. No hosting company has one yet(at least i could not find one), but the parts are available for me to build one with 4 physical processors with 16 cores each for a total of 64 cores and the motherboard supports 256GB of memory. It would take a while for a dolphin site to out power that beast.

I am really not sure how much of a speed gain you would get with an accelerator anyway if the server is at full load. I would actually look into it more if i actually had a busy site.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 29 Apr 2014

The PHP developers have gone with ZendOptimizerPlus since it was released to open source.  It does not have the user data cache but what I understand they are implementing the user data cache of APC to ZendOptimizerPlus (I will type ZOP from now on LOL); it is labelled APCu and has to be added to ZOP.  PHP 5.5 already has ZOP in the core.

I have installed ZOP on one server and the "feel" of the page load did seem faster.  From what I understand, ZOP does not have that nice graphical shell that APC shipped.  However, there may be one somewhere, I have just not looked into it yet.

You can also look into Content Distribution Networks (CDN).  CDNs can reduce the number of hops if the CDNs servers are spread around; your site content will be cached on the CDN and your members will load from the CDN closest to them.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Apr 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.